I still think Kron and Pico can go far in MMA

Pico and Kron were two of the most hyped yet inexperienced fighters to lose that we have seen in a while.

They happen to be competing in one of the two deepest divisions in MMA history (current FW and LW divisions).

I look forward to where they go from here. Both have had to adapt and evolve to go as far as they did in wrestling and BJJ and I see no reason they won't be able to do the same in MMA.

Would not be shocked if either one spends lots of time in the top 5 rankings in Bellator/UFC.

3 Likes
TripleDecker -

LOL

Pico has the athleticism and wrestling/boxing base to be top 5 but Kron does not..he has elite bjj but mediocre athleticism but a good chin..I don't see bright future for Kron unless he goes down the rankings and start picking out guys that have terrible TD defense

He needs an intensive year of wrestling with GSP or no gi judo training with Karo.

Kron is too old to pick up the striking to be an elite fighter.  Imagine what Jeremy Stephens would do to him

I feel like the guys that are super critical of these guys have never watched regional MMA. Pick has fought some guys that are wayyy more experienced than him and Kron looked decent. It's really easy to be critical when you see guys with no ammy careers and all there pro fights have been high profile or easily viewed. They've done all the learning on a big stage.  Let them fight and enjoy watching their journeys 

Pico would have been knocked out 32 times last night. I thought Kron really showed something how he wore all those shots. 

PhillyFights -

Pico would have been knocked out 32 times last night. I thought Kron really showed something how he wore all those shots. 

Agree on Kron, showed boatloads of heart and toughness. I really think he thought he could KO/TKO Cub and thats why we did not see him going after the clinch, trips, singles, etc...

On Pico, Overeem has been KO/TKOed 13x, still a top fighter. He was winning both of his last two loses before he got caught.

BJ Penn Forever -
PhillyFights -

Agree on Kron, showed boatloads of heart and toughness. I really think he thought he could KO/TKO Cub and thats why we did not see him going after the clinch, trips, singles, etc...

On Pico, Overeem has been KO/TKOed 13x, still a top fighter. He was winning both of his last two loses before he got caught.

Oh yeah, I like Pico. But if he were in that fight instead of Kron, he woulda went down. Kron didn't even flinch at any of those shots including the body.  Almost as if he had a Rickson like aura the way his face never changed. 

If thats Kron's standup after 5 years, nope. He took a lot of damage last night, he wont have time to get better, cte will catch up with him fast.

Kron is a tough sell. You can tell he has an old school mentality which will not fair well in today's competition. If you aren't training with the best in every facet of MMA, you are going to be left far behind. 

they should fight each other

Kron needs to seek out Demian Maia for transitioning to mma 

Unfortunately for Pico you either have a chin or you don't

taintpuncher -

Kron needs to seek out Demian Maia for transitioning to mma 

Do you know what Maia did to up his game? He spent years and years dedicated to wrestling and credits that with much of his success in MMA.

Chael knows Kron is not done because he lost a fight. Hell, during each UFC event, 50% of all fighters lose a fight.

I give Pico a better shot. Kron is too old to be this green. 

Seats Taken -

I feel like the guys that are super critical of these guys have never watched regional MMA. Pick has fought some guys that are wayyy more experienced than him and Kron looked decent. It's really easy to be critical when you see guys with no ammy careers and all there pro fights have been high profile or easily viewed. They've done all the learning on a big stage.  Let them fight and enjoy watching their journeys 

Who cares. They wanted to be greedy and sacrificed their experience. No one should feel sorry for them or understand they're fighting way above their level for being beginners. Pico might be the youngest washed fighter ever.

Anyone know if Kron plans to fight in the UFC again?