I still want to see McGregor/Aldo 2

Aldo deserves it 

DanPS -
Bigtrain2681 -

After the shit Aldo caused with delaying the first, he ain't earned a rematch. 

Thanks for letting us all know how much of a complete fucking moron you are. 

Aldo owns that division, and NOBODY deserves the shot but him, fucking dipshit.  

Lol. Don't be sad. Aldo's done. Mcgregor broke his soul. Holloways gonna take it. Aldo's never getting near Mcgregor ever again. Dry your tears mate. 

Love Aldo as a fighter and I think it's a pity how his stock has dropped so much since the loss with a lot of fans but I think Conor defeated him in every possible way in that fight. 

He completely fucked with his head leading up to the fight and wound up all of his fans in the process. This piled even more pressure on Aldo leading up to the fight as everyone not only expected him to win but they wanted him to really destroy Conor.

The way he lost must have been soul destroying for Aldo. He didn't even get a chance to show what he could do. It also dismissed any chance of an immediate rematch. He did call Conor out publically for a rematch and it was offered to him soon after when RDA pulled out of 194 but his team wisely didn't let him take it as it was still too soon after that vicious KO.

As Aldo was the champ for so long, losing that belt would've been a bitter pill to swallow if he lost to anyone but the fact it was Conor made me feel for him a bit.

Aldo was a great champ, maybe the best FW champ ever but I think Conor just has his number.

Rewatch the first one.

McNugget don't have the balls for that, he know he won't always land that lucky punch. 

DanPS -
Bigtrain2681 -

Shot at what? The lightweight title? Why?

The rematch would probably be 12 seconds 

Aldo is one of the greatest ever. I'd like to see what adjustments he would make. I just think at this point Conor is on another planet against any MMA steiker at 45/55. 

If Conor makes 75-100 mil against Floyd, will he really fight MMA again?

Malvert the Janitor -
DanPS -
Bigtrain2681 -

Shot at what? The lightweight title? Why?

D'oh. Called me a moron...oh the irony. 

Yep, though sadly it may never happen. I know Conor's a big star and everything but there's gotta be some priorities if we're gonna call this a sport, it's pretty fucked up that a champ who reigned for years and years was never afforded an oppurtunity to show he had more to offer against the person that beat him. He didn't get dominated he got knocked out before anything really happened, we saw how that doesn't show the whole picture with the Cain JDS trilogy.

R1WARRIOR -

McNugget don't have the balls for that, he know he won't always land that lucky punch. 

Wow, lucky? You're a delusional fan boy I see.

If aldo wasn't such a pull out artist it might happen. But booking a fight with him there's about a 50% chance he even shows up. Waste of time. I hope holloway takes the belt so that FW division can finally get some regular defenses going.

Fedoral Crime -

Love Aldo as a fighter and I think it's a pity how his stock has dropped so much since the loss with a lot of fans but I think Conor defeated him in every possible way in that fight. 

He completely fucked with his head leading up to the fight and wound up all of his fans in the process. This piled even more pressure on Aldo leading up to the fight as everyone not only expected him to win but they wanted him to really destroy Conor.

The way he lost must have been soul destroying for Aldo. He didn't even get a chance to show what he could do. It also dismissed any chance of an immediate rematch. He did call Conor out publically for a rematch and it was offered to him soon after when RDA pulled out of 194 but his team wisely didn't let him take it as it was still too soon after that vicious KO.

As Aldo was the champ for so long, losing that belt would've been a bitter pill to swallow if he lost to anyone but the fact it was Conor made me feel for him a bit.

Aldo was a great champ, maybe the best FW champ ever but I think Conor just has his number.

It was a 13 second fight lol

There is literally ZERO way to determine that 'Conor has his number'.

All credit to Conor for sure, Aldo dun goofed and Conor fully capitalized but I'd love to see a fight-fight to see them really match up for a bit.

Wont happen though! Conor knows Aldo is a great fighter and best case scenario is he wins again in less impressive fashion. No point to him as his story worked out great and there's no way for him to improve on that finish really.

Sad.

Conor... the only fake Champ in UFC history. The only "Champ" to never defend his belt. The only reason why he has 2 belts is because UFC allowed him to do it. Not only that, but they expedited the process for him. Anybody else would have been expected to defend the first belt a few times before even being given the opportunity at a second. 2 belts and not one title defense. Not ONLY that, but the guy got destroyed and humiliated by Nate, and was GIVEN the opportunity to regain his honor by fighting a 2nd fight promptly after, with a promise of a 3rd. That 2nd fight was never for a trilogy, it was for Conor to get his soul back. Because it was sucked out of his body after being smacked up and strangled out of his body. The guy not only lost, but lost his will. Quit before even fighting the choke..yet the UFC allowed him to fight again and redeem himself. Aldo was never afforded the opportunity to redeem himself, and that is wrong af. Conor wouldn't be the same if he wasn't given a shot to get it back against Nate. Many of us will argue he didn't do that anyways with that cowardly decision he got, but on paper it satisfies the need of redemption for the coward.

How great is Conor? Well the guy has a very good punch in his left hand, but aside from that he is nothing special. He's as great as the UFC is willing to afford him to be. They have done more to make him who he is than Conor has done to be who he is. The guy has not defended a fucking belt, nor has he proved himself. He has picked who he fights and has picked on smaller guys. He chose Nate because Nate's record implied he was beatable and it backfired. Eddie Alvarez was the easiest fight at 155lb. The guy is actively ducking Khabib and Ferguson, especially Ferguson. I hope Mayweather drops negotiations and lets this leprechaun starve. Mayweather can easily sign to fight anybody and make his money. Conor will never touch a payday of that magnitude anywhere but with Mayweather. 

KnockoutThoughts -

Conor... the only fake Champ in UFC history. The only "Champ" to never defend his belt. The only reason why he has 2 belts is because UFC allowed him to do it. Not only that, but they expedited the process for him. Anybody else would have been expected to defend the first belt a few times before even being given the opportunity at a second. 2 belts and not one title defense. Not ONLY that, but the guy got destroyed and humiliated by Nate, and was GIVEN the opportunity to regain his honor by fighting a 2nd fight promptly after, with a promise of a 3rd. That 2nd fight was never for a trilogy, it was for Conor to get his soul back. Because it was sucked out of his body after being smacked up and strangled out of his body. The guy not only lost, but lost his will. Quit before even fighting the choke..yet the UFC allowed him to fight again and redeem himself. Aldo was never afforded the opportunity to redeem himself, and that is wrong af. Conor wouldn't be the same if he wasn't given a shot to get it back against Nate. Many of us will argue he didn't do that anyways with that cowardly decision he got, but on paper it satisfies the need of redemption for the coward.

How great is Conor? Well the guy has a very good punch in his left hand, but aside from that he is nothing special. He's as great as the UFC is willing to afford him to be. They have done more to make him who he is than Conor has done to be who he is. The guy has not defended a fucking belt, nor has he proved himself. He has picked who he fights and has picked on smaller guys. He chose Nate because Nate's record implied he was beatable and it backfired. Eddie Alvarez was the easiest fight at 155lb. The guy is actively ducking Khabib and Ferguson, especially Ferguson. I hope Mayweather drops negotiations and lets this leprechaun starve. Mayweather can easily sign to fight anybody and make his money. Conor will never touch a payday of that magnitude anywhere but with Mayweather. 

This x1000. 

MitchTomes - What are my chances from 0 to none?

I wouldn't want to see Connor die trying to make 145lb again but Aldo vs Connor 2 at 155lb might be interesting.

If I had to choose, I would rather see Max Holloway vs Connor. I can see Max beating Aldo. 

SensoriaUtopia - 

No he's not, what the fuck are you tlaking about Lupo

Sure he dominated Eddie on the feet, but where where you for his 2 fights against Nate?

He got his ass beat the first fight, and no matter what his weirdo nuthuggers say, the 2nd fight with Nate was more of a draw, even if you think Conor won, it was razor close and he still struggled during that fight wtih Nate's standup

Conor is a great striker, no doubt, but he's not on some distant planet than the other guys 155, and I bet Holloway right now could at least give him a tough 5 rd fight, I would not be surprised if Holloway beat him too.

Nate landed a perfect 1-2 and Conor wanted out in the first fight. That's a fact. He went for the takedown to put an end to it before he got KTFO. 

I'm going to make an excuse for the guy, and it's weight. Conor was fighting a man 30lbs heavier with a rock solid chin that was only cracked by a high kick from Josh Thomson. 

I thought Conor showed the more advanced striking in both fights, but his conditioning was embarrassing, and that let Nate creep in. 

A third fight at 155 makes a lot of sense, and I think Conor wraps that one up. 

Nate's the toughest matchup out of the group of Aldo, RDA, Ferg, and Holloway. The 2 Thai based guys: RDA and Aldo would get countered off of kicks all day long by McGregor. Tony and Holloway are tough all arounders who would get done like Eddie. Alvarez is a better boxer than any of those guys, and it didn't help him at all. Nate can box well for MMA and Nate has high level BJJ. He's a bad matchup for McGregor, and I never liked that matchup. 

I actually think Joe Duffy could run through a lot of these tops guys. He choked against Porier in Dublin due to the pressure, but skillwise, he's the best boxer in the division and can grapple. Unfortunately, he probably won't make his way into the elite of the UFC and will be fighting in Bellator. 

R1WARRIOR -
KnockoutThoughts -

This x1000. 

Fake champ that slumped the former (and current) champ in 13 seconds. Drink that in. 

We all do. Rip Aldo.