I think Andy Foster deserves a round of applause.

SC MMA MD - He is moving towards ending weight cutting in a very intelligent fashion currently, and I think in the future he will be remembered positively for the change he made in MMA Phone Post 3.0

Agree

I'm shocked and thrilled that we have a government official who is actually interested in throwing the existing way of doing things on its head because it's necessary to bring about positive change.

IMO, he'll go down as one of the most important figures in the evolution of the sport of mma.

I wish there were a lot more Andy Fosters.

I'mNotSurprisedMotherf**kers - I'm shocked and thrilled that we have a government official who is actually interested in throwing the existing way of doing things on its head because it's necessary to bring about positive change.

IMO, he'll go down as one of the most important figures in the evolution of the sport of mma.

I wish there were a lot more Andy Fosters.
Amen.

I gotta wonder why they would try to influence what the weight classes themselves are. I agree with the every 10 lb division thing, but I am not sure it is up to them, is it?

ShanTheMan - I gotta wonder why they would try to influence what the weight classes themselves are. I agree with the every 10 lb division thing, but I am not sure it is up to them, is it?
More weight classes equals more options for the fighters. Less weight to cut is safer for the fighters. Fighter safety is the the commissions job. Maybe not "up to them" per say, but it's definitely within their jurisdiction IMO.

On an aside, tho I reside in CA, both of my fights were in Nevada and I didn't cut weight for either of them. When I fought at lightweight I weighed 153lbs on the scale and in the cage, and when I fought at BW, I was 133 on the scale and in the cage. My next fight is going to be at flyweight tho. So I'll be cutting weight for the first time this summer.

Yeah I am totally for the 165 and 175 classes but I dont see Uncle Dana and co. changing anything based on anyone else's word unless they have to.

ShanTheMan - Yeah I am totally for the 165 and 175 classes but I dont see Uncle Dana and co. changing anything based on anyone else's word unless they have to.
Would be interesting. If CA gets approval from ABC to change the weight classes and UFC refuses to recognize them, they would either have to consider 170 a catchweight when in CA or stop holding events here. 214 is going to be interesting.

Sid you driving down for 214? Me and garrote may go if our broke asses can swing it.

Props to the man from Dalton, Ga.  Andy Foster

Maybe some little know facts -

Andy was one of the early students at Atlanta's Alliance BJJ. He's had & won a bunch of MMA fights here in GA.

He also regulated the first MMA fight in Mosul, Iraq in 2009

Paul Thatcher - Maybe some little know facts -

Andy was one of the early students at Atlanta's Alliance BJJ. He's had & won a bunch of MMA fights here in GA.

He also regulated the first MMA fight in Mosul, Iraq in 2009
Vu. Didn't know about the overseas stuff. Very cool.

ShanTheMan - Sid you driving down for 214? Me and garrote may go if our broke asses can swing it.
Yeah man, the wife and I really want to. Honestly it's up to TFK UGCTT Captain America haha. He is our early presale fight club member hookup. He's also one of my PT clients and doesn't mind paying for sessions with UFC tickets lol. So if he's buying, we're going. Otherwise it'll really depend on what happens at the gym next month. I just enrolled in 2 more certifications today so I'm broke for now.

SidRival135 -
ShanTheMan - Sid you driving down for 214? Me and garrote may go if our broke asses can swing it.
Yeah man, the wife and I really want to. Honestly it's up to TFK UGCTT Captain America haha. He is our early presale fight club member hookup. He's also one of my PT clients and doesn't mind paying for sessions with UFC tickets lol. So if he's buying, we're going. Otherwise it'll really depend on what happens at the gym next month. I just enrolled in 2 more certifications today so I'm broke for now.
If we both go its time for a meat up

ShanTheMan -
SidRival135 -
If we both go its time for a meat up
Beep. I'm in.