MMA Underground Forums

I think Cro cop can beat Lesnar

I don't see CroCop stopping the takedown, unfortunately. Yes, he has a shot, but my money's on Brock.

fishluv - Hell I think Velasquez has a decent chance.

im all for brown pride but i think that would turn into a wrestling match that velazques wouls loose

scrappydoo -  And i was a Crocop fan.

Was?

"Prime CroCop DESTROYS Lesnar..."

Prime Crocop has an excellent chance of being taken down immediately just as he was by Waterman, but this time by a guy who won't gas in 30 seconds and will actually punch him on the ground.

Dexter Morgan - It's too bad we don't have a time machine.

I'd like to bring back Mark Kerr directly from 1997.

Did they have steroid testing for Kerr's fight's back then?

cro can win, but so can brock. and gravity gives brock the edge

Cro Cop hasn't looked good and Lesnar looks great (and getting better). Not likely it's gonna happen.

Cro-Cop is def. in my top 5 favorite fighters. He would lose in devastating fashion 9/10 times vs. Brock.

Cro-Cop, and this is what I really don't like about his game, and as I said, I'm a huge fan, he cant do jack shit off his back.

Brock would beat Mirko no doubt. I would love to sea Mirko get the win, and the belt. Its not going to happen. Even when Mirko was prime and his TD defense was top notch its still 50/50.

orcus -  "Prime CroCop DESTROYS Lesnar..."

Prime Crocop has an excellent chance of being taken down immediately just as he was by Waterman, but this time by a guy who won't gas in 30 seconds and will actually punch him on the ground.

A chance but not an "excellent" chance, based on looking at ALL of Cro Cop's fights and not just the one that suits you.

"Prime" Cro Cop was only taken down a handful of times despite having fought some great takedown artists. Randleman and Yoshida did not get him down (by takedown anyway). He is still the only man that Mark Coleman has ever failed to take down.

All of these guys are better than Waterman. It just happens that Waterman is the guy that caught him at the right time.

In the same way, Randleman, a mediocre striker, knocked out Prime Cro Cop. Does that mean that there's an "excellent chance" that Prime Cro Cop gets knocked out in any given fight? Of course not.

And getting in range to try to take Prime Cro Cop down comes at a heavy cost, as Waterman himself found out. Lesnar's health meter would be going down the whole time that the fight stayed on the feet.

winner of crocop vs dos santos should fight brock

Even current Crocop has much better defensive wrestling and grappling than Mir. Mir was pounded out by several guys, even 205er Vera. Crocop has never been abused on the ground like that.

brock hasnt been put in front of someone with the ko power that crocop has, and i also think he has shown his chin might not be granite after all. a good striker who can avoid getting put on his back has the advantage against brock i think. if crocop can stay off his back, or at least punish him everytime he gets takendown and survives the ground game, by the 3rd round he will ko him.

Dexter Morgan - It's too bad we don't have a time machine.

I'd like to bring back Mark Kerr directly from 1997.

Why? So Kerr could get his ass kicked? There's nothing magical about Kerr's abilities from 96-98 as opposed to Kerr recently besides that 10 years ago he looked like a body builder, was in better shape, and got to fight people who had no clue how to deal with a wrestler of his caliber. It's been several years now since since world class wrestlers, even World Champions wrestler like Matyushenko, have been taken down by Junior College champions like Tito Ortiz, or had their takedowns completely, utterly stuffed by guys with essentially zero wrestling background, like Crocop. Not only that, world class strikers get KTFO by wrestlers, Jiu-jitsu guys, regular MMA guys, etc.

Nostalgia should be used for the forces of good, not for the forces of denial...

Hey, I'm a Crocop fan nowadays and I really wanna see him make a good comeback. Nothing is worse than hating a guy forever (I couldn't stand him in K-1 or Pride because he was basically a bully and pretty much always lost to guys who weren't scared of him), then being totally won over when he gets his shit together (open weight GP) and totally depressed when he has a shit fluke loss and then a shit styles make fights loss in UFC. But I highly doubt he'd beat Lesnar.

Hell, I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Crocop get KTFO on the feet by Lesnar. Re the reference to Crocop vs. Sapp, ugh....I do believe that Lesnar is a few notches above Sapp. And the Crocop of old (hell, Crocop up to the Fedor fight and the open weight GP...) had either absolutely no heart against top tier guys or choked like clockwork when unable to bullly an opponent into unconsciousness (I remember Hoost was ecstatic about Crocop being his first round opponent in the 2000 GP, because he could lay back and save his energy for the rest of the tourney while beating Crocop). And, uh, he wasn't exactly a good grappler...

If they fought a pocket match. Where they sow pockets into Brocks tights and he has to fight with his hands in his pockets; then yes maybe cro cop ko.

CroCop is way too inconsistent. He will lose against Dos Santos or his next fight and he won't ever get a title shot in the UFC. His best days are in the past anyway.

big fatso - All Roger needs is mediocre stand up to keep Brock off of him standing.

Should be easy for a BJJ guy to develop such skills. Brock has only knocked down Herring, Couture and Mir.

NorthFromHere - 
big fatso - All Roger needs is mediocre stand up to keep Brock off of him standing.

Should be easy for a BJJ guy to develop such skills. Brock has only knocked down Herring, Couture and Mir.

LOL. Truthiness.

Did they have steroid testing for Kerr's fight's back then?

No. Yet, I'd bet that if you could bring juiced up underwear model from hell Kerr of 97 back into this day and age, he'd be able to pass a drug test, just like ALL OF THE OTHER PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES in all kinds of sports, even the Olympics, WHO USE performance enhancing drugs AND PASS DRUGS TESTS all the fucking time.

Guys in MMA who've been caught (e.g. Barnett, Sylvia, etc) had some seriously bad advice or sAomething. The Dr. Evil types who typically help athletes with this sort of thing are always 10 steps ahead of the crusading choir boy idiots who do the testing.

Like the old adage goes, if you want a REAL drug test for professional athletes, look at who didn't get anywhere...

CC would be on his back for 4 and a half minutes of every round he managed to stay in the fight.