I think Hendricks won but glad Lawler got decision

It's about time someone significant got dinged for stalling and putting on a boring fight. So frustrating that Hendricks thought that driving his opponent against the cage and holding their legs would score points.

Maybe another night the judges would have taken that as points and "octagon control". I thought Hendricks would take the boring decision.

I'm glad Lawler got the win!

Im glad for the way Lawler won and winning in his career when he did. It was close, ill have to rewatch but Hendricks learned his lesson from the GSP fight and went hard late in the first Lawler fight. Robbie did the same this time. Pettis and Lawler both punished the tds.

Wasa-B - Im glad for the way Lawler won and winning in his career when he did. It was close, ill have to rewatch but Hendricks learned his lesson from the GSP fight and went hard late in the first Lawler fight. Robbie did the same this time. Pettis and Lawler both punished the tds.

Re-watch with the sound OFF

How do you know it wasnt?

The great thing about it is that the crowd usually boos controversial decisions. In this case, people were so tired for Hendricks' "head between the legs" strategy that they were happy for Lawler. Phone Post 3.0

OP, I couldn't agree more! Finally a decision went the way that punishes a nonfighter

I had it 3-2 Hendricks (1 and 5 to Lawler) but am glad for Lawler. Loved how he went after Hendricks in the final round.

Strange fight with 3 distinct parts.
I. Lawler's blitz in round 1
II. Hendricks controlling the fight from end of round 1 through most of round 4
III. Lawler going gangbusters in round 5

I thought Lawler was MIA in rounds 2 & 3 and Hendricks was MIA or assumed he could stall through the 5th to get the win.

ClockChokeOrange - I had it 3-2 Hendricks (1 and 5 to Lawler) but am glad for Lawler. Loved how he went after Hendricks in the final round.

Strange fight with 3 distinct parts.
I. Lawler's blitz in round 1
II. Hendricks controlling the fight from end of round 1 through most of round 4
III. Lawler going gangbusters in round 5

I thought Lawler was MIA in rounds 2 & 3 and Hendricks was MIA or assumed he could stall through the 5th to get the win.

We have exactly the samew opinion.

I don't get anyone giving rd 4 to Hendricks. He pushed Lawler against the cage and got beat up while doing it. Phone Post 3.0

Slash - The great thing about it is that the crowd usually boos controversial decisions. In this case, people were so tired for Hendricks' "head between the legs" strategy that they were happy for Lawler. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah the crowd turned against Hendricks big time. At the beginning when they showed the pre fight talk, it was all Hendricks.

By end of the 3rd or 4th became all Lawler, and place went insane happu when he won Phone Post 3.0

Hendrix was clearly winning the fight but gave up the last round big and especially the last 30 seconds like he didnt want to be there, like a beaten fighter almost so it affected the judges.

jju - I don't get anyone giving rd 4 to Hendricks. He pushed Lawler against the cage and got beat up while doing it. Phone Post 3.0
Just like the first round of Hendricks vs. GSP :p Phone Post 3.0