I think I have decided on a new truck

Phuck Phace - F150 would be my choice, but the Tacoma has unbelievable resale value! Phone Post 3.0
Because it's a 40k 1/4 ton. Phone Post 3.0

We're going to look at the dodge eco diesel tomorrow.

Anyone have any thoughts on that truck? Phone Post 3.0

tjmitch - What are the must have accessories?

lights? Bedcover? Tinted window?
Yosemite sam mudflaps and a metal scrotum hanging off the towhitch.

And astroglide. LOTS of astroglide. Phone Post 3.0

microbiologynerd -
tjmitch - What are the must have accessories?

lights? Bedcover? Tinted window?
Yosemite sam mudflaps and a metal scrotum hanging off the towhitch.

And astroglide. LOTS of astroglide. Phone Post 3.0
Gotta have the matching Yosemite Sam floor mats too. Phone Post 3.0

Bout to swaggerjack the shit out of you thanks!

MountainMedic - We're going to look at the dodge eco diesel tomorrow.

Make sure the payload capacity is enough for what you're gonna tow. Many Ram trucks have pitiful payload. Maybe that's changed. Phone Post 3.0

I was just browsing used Tacoma's. The prices are insane. 2006 4x4 with 250,000 kms (155 miles) $13,500.

2011 4x4 with 170,000 kms (105 miles) $23,000.

What's the point? Why buy used at that price?

I'm sure Dakota's are not as good as Tacoma's. But I can buy 3 dakota's for the price of one tacoma.

Why are they so overvalued?

1800champagne -

Make sure the payload capacity is enough for what you're gonna tow. Many Ram trucks have pitiful payload. Maybe that's changed. Phone Post 3.0
Going by their #s it still beats an f150. Will be towing a raft trailer and hauling a pop up camper. We're planning on keeping my 02 dodge 2500 diesel for hauling wood/hay and dump run type stuff. Phone Post 3.0

tjmitch - 
BIGWHITESEXY - BULL BAR WITH FOG LIGHTS.......OR ROOF MOUTED LIGHT BAR.....LOOKS SICK ON TACOMAS...... Phone Post 3.0

AND A PUNISHER HITCH COVER

YOU GOD DAMNED RIGHT!!! 

I HAVE TWO OF THESE ON EACH SIDE UNDER THE 5.7L PLATE ON MY TRUCK. LOOKS LIKE ITS PART OF THE TUNDRA.....PEOPLE CRACK UP

http://www.amazon.com/Zombie-Apocalypse-Edition-Chrome-Plated/dp/B00IKZTRLA

You're boyfriend will love it. Phone Post 3.0

MountainMedic -
1800champagne -

Going by their #s it still beats an f150. Will be towing a raft trailer and hauling a pop up camper. We're planning on keeping my 02 dodge 2500 diesel for hauling wood/hay and dump run type stuff. Phone Post 3.0
Well payload won't matter for those light of loads. Crew Cab ecodiesel 4x4 has 1340lbs payload FYI. I've heard good things about the engine and fuel economy. I think that engine is also available in the Jeep Grand Cherokee. Phone Post 3.0

1800champagne -
MountainMedic -
1800champagne -

Well payload won't matter for those light of loads. Crew Cab ecodiesel 4x4 has 1340lbs payload FYI. I've heard good things about the engine and fuel economy. I think that engine is also available in the Jeep Grand Cherokee. Phone Post 3.0
Good info bro, thanks.

Started my own thread on this btw Phone Post 3.0

Nice truck choice. I'm hoping to pick up a 2016 with the Atkinson cycle engine. If your looking for a rack check out Prinsu, they look sharp. http://www.prinsudesignstudio.com/#!products/c1m4k

Blue lou - I was just browsing used Tacoma's. The prices are insane. 2006 4x4 with 250,000 kms (155 miles) $13,500.

2011 4x4 with 170,000 kms (105 miles) $23,000.

What's the point? Why buy used at that price?

I'm sure Dakota's are not as good as Tacoma's. But I can buy 3 dakota's for the price of one tacoma.

Why are they so overvalued?

While Toyota has gone down in reliability the last decade or so, a lot of the reputation carried over from the mid 80's. Got a friend who sells them and even he can't believe how well they hold their value.

Also, Toyota appears to be the preferred truck of Islamic militants everywhere. I swear it is what I see them driving in every video, granted that is probably the Hilux (which isn't sold in the states). But if they're lasting in the harsh desert environment it says something about reliability, IMO.

Most diesel trucks nowadays are rated to 300k, and I see a lot of full size trucks in the 200k range. I believe that I had heard Cummins wanted to rate their motor to 500k miles, but Dodge told them the rest of the truck wouldn't last that long.

tjmitch - Toyota Tacoma crew cab 4x4 TRD Off Road, V6 Tow Package.

*subject to change

TRD Pro?