I think I might buy one of these trucks

I've been thinking of finding a little pick-up truck to haul stuff around when needed.  It wouldn't be an everyday driver, just the occasional trip to Home Depot or move a couch, etc.  Originally, I thought of just grabbing an 90's Toyota mini truck but now that I've seen these...my wife is gonna be pissed!  I already have a '68 Firebird in the garage in a million pieces.  The good news is these are pretty rare in the U.S. so it'll take me a while to find the right one.

FJ45 Landcruiser

That shit is bad ass.

Those are sick. Phone Post

Hmmmm, troop carrier version.  Would make an excellent Mexico surftrip car...

Stupidnewbie - 

Hmmmm, troop carrier version.  Would make an excellent Mexico surftrip car...

yes it would!

Honestly, it's probably going to ride like shit for anyone that isn't driving.

My brother had one years ago. It had a shock absorbed drivers seat. Everyone else riding in it needed a kidney belt

4-door wagon version

PatK - Honestly, it's probably going to ride like shit for anyone that isn't driving.

My brother had one years ago. It had a shock absorbed drivers seat. Everyone else riding in it needed a kidney belt

Yea, I fully expect that. Hence, my wife would hate it like she does the Firebird!

hands down my favorite truck of all time.. that's kinda why I'd like Jeep to actually build their Gladiator concept truck.. reminds me somewhat of the Land Cruiser truck.

Stupidnewbie - 
PatK - Honestly, it's probably going to ride like shit for anyone that isn't driving.

Yea, I fully expect that. Hence, my wife would hate it like she does the Firebird!

The thing was, you almost didn't give a shit about the ride because it was so bad ass.

I remember my brother went out of town for a couple of weeks in the summer and left it at my mom's house. we'd go cruising for chicks in it.

Everyone would have bitched a lot more about how uncomfortable it was if were weren't running into so many girls that wanted to ride around in it.

Do it phaggot Phone Post 3.0

45 is prob one of the strongest trucks ever built , huge following here in Aus. Phone Post 3.0

This camper box is glorious!

Hard-sided pop top.  Sooooo sweet!

Stupidnewbie -

4-door wagon version

I have one of these, rust monster ate a lot of its roof structure, id have to do a chop top at this point. Thinking of selling it , i dont appear to be getting it going any time soon. Mine is a 69 fj55, more similar to the bottom pic. Phone Post

Rather, its looks nothing like either as its heavily rusty, the top one looks strange to me, is it a 55? Phone Post

Actually, both are 45's, that's why they don't look the same as your 55. The top appears to either be a full custom 4-door or a govt/military/mining surplus vehicle that was a factory one-off. The 55's are pretty cool, though. Cheaper and easier to find, but no pick-up version.

Good eye, i was thinking maybe they were earlier years or something, the fenders looked odd. Phone Post

Stupidnewbie -

I've been thinking of finding a little pick-up truck to haul stuff around when needed.  It wouldn't be an everyday driver, just the occasional trip to Home Depot or move a couch, etc.  Originally, I thought of just grabbing an 90's Toyota mini truck but now that I've seen these...my wife is gonna be pissed!  I already have a '68 Firebird in the garage in a million pieces.  The good news is these are pretty rare in the U.S. so it'll take me a while to find the right one.

FJ45 Landcruiser

I likes Phone Post 3.0

nice! i want an orig. fj40 someday

If you don't buy it, the terrorists will. Never forget that. Phone Post 3.0