I think I might have ADD

Does any struggle with this?? As an adult??

Can you sit and watch tv or play a video game for more than an hour?

Yes but I was reading about being hyper focused on one specific thing or multiple things.. Also, sometimes I zone out and get restless

I do, but I'm in my early twenties. Tried medication throughout highschool, stopped because it made me a zombie. Now I just smoke alot of pot.

I have been using Onnit's Alpha Brain for the past two weeks and I can honestly say that I focus better with it. Maybe not enough to justify the price, but I do notice a difference.

I do. I have trouble focusing on tasks for a long time. That includes watching tv and video games.

There's very few tasks I can stay on without distraction. Reading for pleasure, working in my yard and martial arts are about all that comes to mind. Also watching my kids' activities. I could watch my youngest dance at recitals for hours.

King Trav - I do. I have trouble focusing on tasks for a long time. That includes watching tv and video games.

There's very few tasks I can stay on without distraction. Reading for pleasure, working in my yard and martial arts are about all that comes to mind. Also watching my kids' activities. I could watch my youngest dance at recitals for hours.
So if you can focus on some things...how is this different from just finding things that the world tells you to focus on boring?

Is it not just a relative thing? You don't focus on a task for as long as others do. Less than the norm. I've never heard a good explanation of why, more just people assume that everyone needs to have a similar amount of focus. It's always been a strange diagnosis IMO.

Idk but I have trouble turning my brain off most the time. I get side tracked all the time. I start a project and before I know it I'm doing something else. Forgetful as fuck too.

I have it  --What's up with the whole Wonder Woman/Batman romance --is that still a thing or did they drop that???

First day on the meds, vyvanse 50 mg... holy shit I was super focused and felt better.. motivated.. Fuck I felt like Superman..

Took meds for many years. Don't take them anymore, and instead use a natural regimen.

Cleaned up my diet (Paleo) and meditate at least an hour a day, and my focus is better than that of the average person.

Exercise, get out in nature, stay off internet too much and your phone. Get good sleep.

Phillip Smith -

First day on the meds, vyvanse 50 mg... holy shit I was super focused and felt better.. motivated.. Fuck I felt like Superman..

"Felt like superman"

That's because it's basically meth lol

Going to see if it helps, thanks guys for sharing.. I think I like the meditation and healthy lifestyle more

If u get adderall, send them to me and I'll make sure they are the right kind

im pretty sure I do. I have an extreme hard time watching tv or movies, among other things. went to a doctor for it, and they tested and said i was borderline. Since i do fairly well for myself, they would not give me meds. I have tried aderall 5 or 6x, and feels like a miracle to me, so it was kind of a bummer when I couldn't get anything. Hope it works out for you.

KickAssMcRad - AKA Idon't Portal -

I'm amazing at watching tv and playing video games for longer than an hour. This is a sign that I don't have adhd? What about add?

I always wondered if I had a bit of one of those but I can game or Netflix for eternity.

Canooke -

I'm amazing at watching tv and playing video games for longer than an hour. This is a sign that I don't have adhd? What about add?

I always wondered if I had a bit of one of those but I can game or Netflix for eternity.
The only real difference between the two is the "H" in ADHD stands for a hyperactive disorder. You can have ADD and still be calm as a cucumber.... like me for instance. I can't focus on shit, ever. Movies, games, reading, studying, work, I can only focus for so long. But I'm also not a spaz that seems like he always just finished drinking 36 cups of coffee.

When it comes to bjj however, for some reason I am 100% focused and in the zone. Idk what it is. But the healthy lifestyle and bjj really help me more than any medication ever has, and I've pretty much tried them all at some point.

Canooke -

If you can sit and do something you enjoy doing, for long periods, but not force yourself to focus on things that aren't immediately gratifying, you have a lack of self discipline, not any kind of disease or disorder. 

An ADD or ADHD diagnosis  is bullshit in most cases. 

I look forward to rebuttals from shitty parents and lazy turds. 

ClutchTheBear -
Canooke -

The only real difference between the two is the "H" in ADHD stands for a hyperactive disorder. You can have ADD and still be calm as a cucumber.... like me for instance. I can't focus on shit, ever. Movies, games, reading, studying, work, I can only focus for so long. But I'm also not a spaz that seems like he always just finished drinking 36 cups of coffee.

When it comes to bjj however, for some reason I am 100% focused and in the zone. Idk what it is. But the healthy lifestyle and bjj really help me more than any medication ever has, and I've pretty much tried them all at some point.
Thanks for the explanation. Glad the bjj is meshing well with you. Incidentally, after doing bjj many years ago I haven't done martial arts for years. I'm about to start boxing. I hope I get as much out of it as you with your bjj. I've done a bit of boxing years ago, but not a ton.

KickAssMcRad - AKA Idon't Portal - 
Canooke -

If you can sit and do something you enjoy doing, for long periods, but not force yourself to focus on things that aren't immediately gratifying, you have a lack of self discipline, not any kind of disease or disorder. 

An ADD or ADHD diagnosis  is bullshit in most cases. 

I look forward to rebuttals from shitty parents and lazy turds. 

"you have a lack of self discipline, not any kind of disease or disorder."

I'm afraid this might be the correct diagnosis.

I've been meaning to reply to this thread... I'll finish later