I think Tony is still fighting Khabib, here's why

The joke, or, report, is that Tony was injured days ago.

Well, I'm sure not many people go out of their way to listen to phone conference calls, but I'm sure there are some people here besides myself who caught the one a few days ago with Tony and Khabib, lots of shit talking....

Well, those who listened, can verify that Tony was literally working out the entire call.  You could hear him hitting, breathing heavy, as well as him stating the same.

Tony also went out of his way, to mock Khabib for having to pull out of their previous fight due to injury.  

Do you guys think Tony would be working out during a phone conference call?

Do you guys think Tony would mock an opponent for getting injured, knowing he himself was injured?

Khabib vs Max is a joke, no disrespect to Max but I barely think there are top level 155ers who could have a full training camp and beat Khabib, let alone a 145lb fighter who is taking the fight on one weeks notice.

10 days ago max said he is still recovering.. 

Im sure dana loves trolling the mma media, plus this will bring in tons of free publicity for the event..

its  a crappy april fools if he says its not a joke

Although khabib has been tweeting about it also, 4h ago he asked conor where hes at and 15m ago he told tony to get well and watch his mouth in the future..

It better be the most elaborate fucking prank in mma history. 

Here why maybe not:

https://instagram.com/p/BhC-ehXheWb/

So many MMA media professing this is true especially the nose. What to think? 

AdamBishop - 

10 days ago max said he is still recovering.. 

Im sure dana loves trolling the mma media, plus this will bring in tons of free publicity for the event..

This is why the joke makes sense.

This website, I'm sure others like sherdog, mmajunkie, etc.... have TONS of people chiming in.  Social media is all over this.  I'm part of a UFC fb group and it instantly had over 100 comments within minutes.

This fight is happening and all the hoopla about it not is just going to increase the hype even more.

Who cares, the world still gets Nunes vs Pennington, once in human history PPV main event there, please, please, let me give you $85 for that, $65 is not enough!

LOL at Vitor vs Machida having any value on a 2018 PPV.

Might as well have got Royce vs Shamrock IV on the fucking card.

https://www.cbssports.com/mma/news/report-max-holloway-suffers-injury-ufc-222-featherweight-title-bout-in-jeopardy/

Max has to pull out of a fight he would have had a full training camp b/c he got injured, but 5 weeks later he's going to step up a weight class on short notice to fight the best 155er int he world?

Plus wasn't Max on Ariel's MMA hour show this past week stating he is rehabbing his ankle injury?

April Fools jokes are usually lighthearted in nature. Lots of media carrying this with a believable tone but this is hard to believe:

Brett Okamoto

?

@bokamotoESPN

I’m told the injury to Tony Ferguson was literally caused by a trip. The freak accident of all freak accidents. He was walking, saw someone he wasn’t expecting to see, veered sharply to say hello and tripped.

7:02 PM - Apr 1, 2018

BJ Penn Forever - April Fools jokes are usually lighthearted in nature. Lots of media carrying this with a believable tone but this is hard to believe:

Brett Okamoto

?

@bokamotoESPN

I’m told the injury to Tony Ferguson was literally caused by a trip. The freak accident of all freak accidents. He was walking, saw someone he wasn’t expecting to see, veered sharply to say hello and tripped.

7:02 PM - Apr 1, 2018

Man that sounds fishy to me…

All im saying guys is look into it

AdamBishop - 

All im saying guys is look into it

lol

lurk less, post more

This headline at bloodyelbow gives it away as April Fools to me. So gay.

Report: Ferguson injury caused by simple tripping incident

By Tim Burke

if its a joke its a bad one u dont say this is not a joke then make the joke

Winston Wolf - if its a joke its a bad one u dont say this is not a joke then make the joke

For sure it is in horrible taste if a joke given the fact great fights getting cancelled is a huge flaw in the promotion already and this one has been cancelled 3x. Plus this fight is to crown a champ and fix the shitshow created by Conor/Dana/Floyd.

either way im not buying it now

Winston Wolf - either way im not buying it now

Well Khabib beating the shit out of short notice injured FW Max don’t really mean shit.

Taisumov vs Dunham was one of the best fights on the card and its been cancelled.