I think Tony is still fighting Khabib, here's why

BJ Penn Forever -
Winston Wolf - either way im not buying it now

Well Khabib beating the shit out of short notice injured FW Max don’t really mean shit.

Taisumov vs Dunham was one of the best fights on the card and its been cancelled.

Why

And for Dana to make a video would be dumb trying to sell his product. 

UNLESS

this how u build even bigger hype. Lol. 

Ask yourself this.....

If there is no injury, and there was no April fools joke, would this fight have been talked about and hyped up as much today?

If it is actually legit they picked the dumbest day to announce it on

ya this is starting to sound more like the April Fool's joke everyone hoped it would be.

To recap-

#1-IT'S APRIL FOOLS

#2-March 20th Max Holloway was 30 days out from being cleared to train.  Now he can fight 155lb Khabib on 6 days notice

#3-IT'S APRIL FOOLS

#4-Dana White has joked on April Fools in the past-see examples in this thread regarding Alexsander Gustafsson/Mousasi/Wanderlei Silva

#5-IT'S APRIL FOOLS

#6-High level elite athlete known for his dancing outside the cage and footwork inside the cage, "tripped and fell" when he saw someone he hadn't seen in a long time

#7-IT'S APRIL FOOLS

#8-Tony Ferguson was actively working out during his phone conference call with Khabib days ago.  In addition to that, Tony mocked Khabib for previously having to have pulled out of a fight due to injury

#9-you guess it, IT'S APRIL FOOLS

#10-Announcing that Tony Ferguson is injured, would drastically hurt ticket sales and hype for this card.

Announcing Tony is injured, but at the same time saying UFC star, rising ppv draw(arguably moreso than Tony Ferguson) will be replaing Tony, adds intrigue and mystery to "is this story real", while not affecting ticket sales as many/most would still enjoy a hypothetical match up of Max vs Khabib

Khabib made a comment on social media.  If his words are words he wouldn't say if it was a joke, that'd be eyebrow raising, but that's not the case.  Tomorrow when they announce it's a joke, Khabib's words will not have done any harm.

Tony has made a comment on social media.  Tony has purposely joked around and scared Dana multiple times on stage.  I wouldn't put it past him to be in on a joke especially due to all the past cancelations.

Its been confirmed by alot of sources now. All the top mma reporters are confirming that tony is out.

Sir Psycho Sexy - 

Its been confirmed by alot of sources now. All the top mma reporters are confirming that tony is out.

Is there source the Dana White video?

D241 -
Sir Psycho Sexy - 

Ferguson has already released a statement on tiwtter

Max Holloway talks Ortega/Edgar, Khabib superfight, and UFC Hawaii - YouTube

Max Hollaway stating if he recovers from his injury, he hopes to fight on the Stiipe/DC card in JULY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=413&v=oMJao4K_hB8

Sir Psycho Sexy - 
D241 -
Sir Psycho Sexy - 

Ferguson has already released a statement on tiwtter

Is there anything he said that would conflict if he was to say tomorrow it's an April fools joke?

Meaning if it comes out tomorrow it's a joke, will Tony have to eat his words in any way?

If it's a joke, tomorrow they say "it's an April fools joke, the fight is still on", but then fans are like, "bullshit, Tony tweeted himself that the fight was canceled, he even apologized as if it was".

I don’t see it.

Does Dana White have credability to lose if it’s a joke? No, he doesn’t. He’ll laugh and I can see people on ESPN applauding him for his sense of humor and abilitly to get people talking about a fight without even spending money.

Why would they take it this far to make a joke? You really think dana called up tony and convinced him to issue a statement that hes pulling out?

D, for what it’s worth, Max and I have a close mutual friend. I asked and he told me it’s legit. 

D241 -

If it's a joke, tomorrow they say "it's an April fools joke, the fight is still on", but then fans are like, "bullshit, Tony tweeted himself that the fight was canceled, he even apologized as if it was".

I don’t see it.

Does Dana White have credability to lose if it’s a joke? No, he doesn’t. He’ll laugh and I can see people on ESPN applauding him for his sense of humor and abilitly to get people talking about a fight without even spending money.

stop dreaming, Tony is out. Dana hasn’t enough faith to pull this stunt off.

Sir Psycho Sexy -

Why would they take it this far to make a joke? You really think dana called up tony and convinced him to issue a statement that hes pulling out?

"(laughing/chuckling before he answers)TONY, It's Dana.  Listen, I've got a genius way to hype the fight, it will maybe take up 10 minutes of your time.  We know the history of this fight being cancelled, and how much hype there is for it.  I'm going to state that you got injured and have to pull out of the fight, but 145 champ superstar Max Hollaway will be filling in.  I just need you to go along with it until tomorrow.  If you can make a little apology tweet to add legitimacy even better. Trust me, all day people will be talking about UFC 223 and believe me Tony, people will tune in and the only one who will get shit for this is me as it's my idea, you were just in on it".

Yes, I very much can see that happening.

I don’t think Brock is actually coming back to be Mighty Mouse’s next opponent either, here’s why

D241 -
Sir Psycho Sexy -

"(laughing/chuckling before he answers)TONY, It's Dana.  Listen, I've got a genius way to hype the fight, it will maybe take up 10 minutes of your time.  We know the history of this fight being cancelled, and how much hype there is for it.  I'm going to state that you got injured and have to pull out of the fight, but 145 champ superstar Max Hollaway will be filling in.  I just need you to go along with it until tomorrow.  If you can make a little apology tweet to add legitimacy even better. Trust me, all day people will be talking about UFC 223 and believe me Tony, people will tune in and the only one who will get shit for this is me as it's my idea, you were just in on it".

Yes, I very much can see that happening.

Its over bro. We need to accept that this fight is cursed. Let it go. We are all here for you. I know its fucked up, im devastated too, but its not good to live in denial.

Hope you're right, but this has gone too far now.