I used to be a cop. AMA

I voluntarily resigned after working for my local PD for a year. If anyone is interested, ask away. There are a ton of radical cop supporters/cop haters on this forum. Anyhow, ask away if you'd like. Phone Post 3.0

Curious why you voluntarily retired?  Budget cuts? 

garythekid -
garythekid - 48/2(9 3)? Phone Post 3.0
Wow the plus symbol still doesn't work on the app. Thanks, top men... Phone Post 3.0
When you write it that way it's 2. Phone Post 3.0

Did you ever let someone go with a warning? Phone Post 3.0

Why did you quit? Phone Post 3.0

kayNEIN - I voluntarily resigned after working for my local PD for a year. If anyone is interested, ask away. There are a ton of radical cop supporters/cop haters on this forum. Anyhow, ask away if you'd like. Phone Post 3.0

hy did you leave?

Mihow - Could you point out the 'radical cop supporters' because you neither don't know what radical means or you're radical yourself in the opposing view. Phone Post 3.0
You're a fucking idiot. Angryinch would fit his description and if you don't think so then you may be just as dumb. Phone Post 3.0

Got a question about those laptops you guys have in your car:

Exactly what kind of information can you access? Is that information shared state wide or is just local within your PD?

Is the data on those laptops stored locally on the machine or do you have a wireless connection to get real time updates? Phone Post 3.0

Axe Murderer 28 -
Mihow - Could you point out the 'radical cop supporters' because you neither don't know what radical means or you're radical yourself in the opposing view. Phone Post 3.0
You're a fucking idiot. Angryinch would fit his description and if you don't think so then you may be just as dumb. Phone Post 3.0
Just kidding, I know AI secretly loves cops. Phone Post 3.0

Were you at the end of your probation period? Were you threatened with getting fired or just your choice to no longer pursue it? Phone Post 3.0

Mihow -
Axe Murderer 28 -
AI is a radical cop SUPPORTER?

Did your mom drink and do Beth when you were in utero ? Phone Post 3.0
It was cop supporters/cop haters. And-or Phone Post 3.0

MdGeist - Got a question about those laptops you guys have in your car:

Exactly what kind of information can you access? Is that information shared state wide or is just local within your PD?

Is the data on those laptops stored locally on the machine or do you have a wireless connection to get real time updates? Phone Post 3.0

You can access...

Criminal History
Wants and Warrants
Driving History
License info
Vehicle Info
All state wide

you can also communicate car to car,
car to dispatch,
car to office

You can use them to

Create citations
Keep notes for those stops

Switch over to the internet

There may be more things you can do these days, I honestly don't remember.

IMO, the computers are nothing but a BIG fucking liability with respect to being a distraction in the car.

Have you ever used handcuffs on a perp? Phone Post 3.0

Yeah you also said "you neither don't know..." so it's hard to focus on anything but that in your post. Phone Post 3.0

MarsMan -
Mihow - WHO THE FUCK IS BETH Phone Post 3.0
Can't blame her for doing Beth.... Beth was hot back in the day... Phone Post 3.0
That ass though Phone Post 3.0

If I am getting pulled over, is your mind already made up if im getting the ticket?

Or will things like being respectful, having drivers l., registration, both hands in clear view and dome lights on help at all? Phone Post 3.0

Typically in an AMA thread, questions asked garner answers to said questions. Phone Post 3.0

Ok, next question- do you know how an AMA works? Phone Post 3.0

mglaw -
MdGeist - Got a question about those laptops you guys have in your car:

You can access...

Criminal History
Wants and Warrants
Driving History
License info
Vehicle Info
All state wide

you can also communicate car to car,
car to dispatch,
car to office

You can use them to

Create citations
Keep notes for those stops

Switch over to the internet

There may be more things you can do these days, I honestly don't remember.

IMO, the computers are nothing but a BIG fucking liability with respect to being a distraction in the car.
Thanks for the info. Really interesting to know.

This may be to techy of a question: But is all of that data transmitted to squad cars that are within range of the radio towers at police stations?

Or do PDs rely on cellular networks to pull that data? Phone Post 3.0

So this is one one of the ama with only questions. Phone Post 3.0