I Used to Be Happy

I remember there was a time when I was always happy. Had a kick in my step, a smile on my face, never would feel a tear come down my face. Now it’s daily crying. Sad at all of the loss. The isolation. The insanity of everyone around me.

I remember the parties, the friends, the family. The girls and hook ups, I remember meeting my fiance. I remember losing everything. I remember when it all went to shit. I remember when this lockdown and right and left (moreso the left) split everyone into these factions of hating each other.

I’ll never forget what these last couple of years have done to me. I used to be happy.

2 Likes

Anyone else feel like this?

1 Like

No. I don’t live in a blue state so there hasn’t been as much social isolation for me to affect my happiness

1 Like

A penis is hard to find

I know exactly how you feel my man. I’m still trying to put myself back together. Had a lot of traumatic events happen all at once. After struggling with lot’s of depression, it is like I am trying to figure out what my personality is all over again.

I’m not happy and don’t get a ton of enjoyment out of life. Anything that use to make me happy or provide a way out, I have an extremely hard time summoning motivation to do.

1 Like

Keep you head up. Turn the news off and go outside. Don’t let them win.

3 Likes

Nobody who was being chased by a tiger through the jungle ever thought ab iout whether or not they were happy.

2 Likes

Keep your chin up. It will get better.

I sent you a PM.

2 Likes

Same here. It seems life has been kicking me in the balls from every direction and I’m stuck in it with no way out. I should probably go see a therapist or something. Every so often I actually feel like I’m in a good mood and without fail something immediately happens to kick me back down again and ruin it. It’s uncanny. It’s been brewing for a while but the last 5 years or so it’s been the worse.

1 Like

The lock down bullshit isn’t what makes me hate everything in the world but I’m right there with you.

government and leftists destroyed everything

I’m getting happier every day!

Things are looking up!

2 Likes

Learn to cultivate a condition to enjoy life’s simple pleasures. Every moment does not need be some amazing adventure. Meditate/Pray…take a daily walk/jog/bicycle ride…coffee with pastry/cookies, a book and some music are a cheap entertainment and usually how I start/end my day(scotch/whisky/cocktail in the evening)

I read a book about books and the author made some marvelous comment about how she only had one life to live but through reading books she could live a thousand lives

2 Likes

There is no such thing at “finding happiness” or a “joyful life”. Truth is, most of the time we spend on this rock is an uphill battle but it’s those instances of joy that makes the trip worth it.

3 Likes

I am happy.

There are people I never want to see again though. Some people who just dove right in to a sea of negativity and woe is us and acting helpless. The same people then started lecturing and I have nothing to do with them.