I’ve changed my stance on PEDs

I used to be gung-ho about a “clean sport”and totally pro-USADA.  Now I just don’t give a damn.  I want to see good MMA and if that means there’s a little steroid use, so be it.

we talk about fighter safety.  Well maybe a little bit of PEDs will prevent injuries so these guys don’t have to pop pills all day for the rest of their lives.  I like Luke Thomas’ stance on it.  Test for health.  Make sure they’re not walking around like a ninja turtle but don’t ignore science that can help you.

Good idea. May the richest fighter who can afford the best chemist win.

FibonaciGilly -

You're ridiculous. 

Yomarashi -
FibonaciGilly -

You're ridiculous. 

How so?

never cared. Let people do whatever they want.

I’ve softened my stance a little.

Let guys use in order to recover from injuries and training and be able to show up to events in the best shape possible.

Allow trace amount detections to be noted without automatic suspensions.

I"m not sure how that could be policed. I don’t have the answers.

Random testing would still be of value to stop high levels of abuse.

The current

TRT Vitor needs to return

I’m ok with roids if the athletic commissions start denying licenses for old guys who have too much head trauma like Chuck. PEDs allow older fighters to stick around and get a lot of brain damage they wouldn’t have received if their bodies were allowed to naturally give out.

Easters -

I used to be gung-ho about a “clean sport”and totally pro-USADA.  Now I just don’t give a damn.  I want to see good MMA and if that means there’s a little steroid use, so be it.

we talk about fighter safety.  Well maybe a little bit of PEDs will prevent injuries so these guys don’t have to pop pills all day for the rest of their lives.  I like Luke Thomas’ stance on it.  Test for health.  Make sure they’re not walking around like a ninja turtle but don’t ignore science that can help you.

And in other news, nobody gives a fuck.

hubris - TRT Vitor needs to return

If you think TRT (200mg/ test. per week or less) is all it took to turn Vitor into that fucking animal then you really don’t know athletics and you especially don’t know a damn thing about PED’s.

IHeartBoobies -

If you think TRT (200mg/ test. per week or less) is all it took to turn Vitor into that fucking animal then you really don’t know athletics and you especially don’t know a damn thing about PED’s.

You seem like you're in a bad mood :(

Gartlin -
IHeartBoobies -

You seem like you're in a bad mood :(

You'll have to forgive his short temper, explaining shit to know nothing fucks such as yourself can be painfully tiresome.

Steroids are great!

Bring back PRIDE days.

FibonaciGilly -
Yomarashi -
FibonaciGilly -

You're ridiculous. 

How so?

Because your short sighted argument of "the richer man wins" ignores the fact that the money the richer fighter has affords him much more than just "a better chemist". It gives him more time to train (doesnt have to maintain a job), better trainers, better equipment and gym, etc. Using your logic why dont we just make sure every single fighter comes from the same economic background.

Inspired by FibonaciGilly, I propose we get rid of weight classes all together and instead introduce salary classes!

Legalize It -
FibonaciGilly -
Yomarashi -
FibonaciGilly -

You're ridiculous. 

How so?

Because your short sighted argument of "the richer man wins" ignores the fact that the money the richer fighter has affords him much more than just "a better chemist". It gives him more time to train (doesnt have to maintain a job), better trainers, better equipment and gym, etc. Using your logic why dont we just make sure every single fighter comes from the same economic background.

Inspired by FibonaciGilly, I propose we get rid of weight classes all together and instead introduce salary classes!

Considering all UFC fighters now have access to world class facilities and resources and nutrition at Zero cost, there is no reason any UFC fighter can't afford to train at the highest levels. 

History also proves having money doesn't guarantee success when testing is in place. For instance the best Muay Thai fighters usually come from Thailand despite fighters like JWP being far better off financially. 

If you sanction doping you are literally sanctioning those with the best chemist to be the most effective e.g. Lance Armstrong when he beat 18 other dopers  

Easters - 

Lol a “little steroid use” yeah I’m sure everybody will play nice and not abuse them

Easters - 

Seems like PED use might cause more injuries as it allows athletes to push harder. Look at the fighters who have been known to use peds and how shot they are now. Sure it could be because it allowed them to also extend their careers and take more damage. With PEDs it seems to be an all or nothing approach so you won’t get fighters using it safe manner.

Make that shit legal and fighters can buy pharma level stuff. You don't need high doses to get the maximal effects, there's most likely a point where extra shit is just detrimental, I mean look at the Hammerhouse Fighters for example.

The major problems with PED use:

1) an enhanced fighter going against a non-user is essentially committing assault and battery it could be argued.

2) testing and banning causes fighters to try to get by using 'off label' and strange substances to get a boost which is probably not good for them.

3) banning keeps the fighter from working under the care of a doctor.

4) use of enhancers probably increases the incidence of TBI since they are hitting harder and if using things like Nubain (Nalbuphine hydrochloride), what Mark Kerr used, are not feeling the pain.

5) females using it on female opponents who are non-users are committing assault and battery, it could be argued.

FibonaciGilly -

That’s actually closer to how it is now.