I want a software written TME

How hard is it to write simple software? How much does it cost to hire someone? Phone Post

Define simple.

If I lay out what my final idea is would that help? Phone Post

theINFAMOUScarpe - If I lay out what my final idea is would that help? Phone Post
Yes what do you want this software to do? Phone Post 3.0

Desktop, mobile, web?

My vision is to run a wrestling management software that will streamline tournament processes such as bracketing, seeding, assigning bout numbers and matches. Create queues that can be send to each table on the corresponding mats Phone Post

I can write some pretty mean softwares. My best work is getting "hello world" to print out on the screen Phone Post 3.0

Aaron Becker - I can write some pretty mean softwares. My best work is getting "hello world" to print out on the screen Phone Post 3.0

I would call google and see about a job bro

Okay let's see if I can outline this and give an estimate.

First, you would need a management app.  This would be where you enter all of the tournament information, wrestler data and so on.  It would be stored on multiple internal datatables to be used elsewhere as needed.  The management app will need a tcp listener and client both, the listener would be waiting to receive match information after the fact from a table on the mat.  It would also be waiting for tables to check in so it would know which table is available, or whatever.  The client would be responsible for sending queue information to a table on the mat.

The tables on the mat will have a client app, this client app will also have its own tcp listener and client.  The listener is waiting for the management app to send it queue information.  The client is checking in with the management app and sending out the post-match information.

The management app would have all the routines for logging bout numbers, bracket information, etc.

Probably 2 40 hr weeks.  I would charge $50-60 an hour.  So roughly 4-5 grand.  You would get all rights to resell it as well and free support on the app as it pertains to accomplishing the tasks we would outline on a contract.  Must be able to perform seed process, must be able to create brackets, etc...  

TheVandalz -

First, you would need a management app.  This would be where you enter all of the tournament information, wrestler data and so on.  It would be stored on multiple internal datatables to be used elsewhere as needed.  The management app will need a tcp listener and client both, the listener would be waiting to receive match information after the fact from a table on the mat.  It would also be waiting for tables to check in so it would know which table is available, or whatever.  The client would be responsible for sending queue information to a table on the mat.

The tables on the mat will have a client app, this client app will also have its own tcp listener and client.  The listener is waiting for the management app to send it queue information.  The client is checking in with the management app and sending out the post-match information.

The management app would have all the routines for logging bout numbers, bracket information, etc.

Probably 2 40 hr weeks.  I would charge $50-60 an hour.  So roughly 4-5 grand.  You would get all rights to resell it as well and free support on the app as it pertains to accomplishing the tasks we would outline on a contract.  Must be able to perform seed process, must be able to create brackets, etc...  

In my opinion this is a bit of an outdated architecture. Instead just one webserver backed by database. With clients being web browsers. Add a REST api if you want to be able to access with iOS/android native apps. I'd say your estimate is a bit on the optimistic side. I think this is a 1month project. Phone Post 3.0

NORESPECT - 
TheVandalz -

In my opinion this is a bit of an outdated architecture. Instead just one webserver backed by database. With clients being web browsers. Add a REST api if you want to be able to access with iOS/android native apps. I'd say your estimate is a bit on the optimistic side. I think this is a 1month project. Phone Post 3.0

I would go as archaic as possible because I don't know what it is being run on.

A REST client/Endpoint situation would definitely be the route if data would need to be carried over between tournaments, but if this is a one-off situation I would stick with the 'outdated' method so it would only take the 2 weeks I estimated.

Tournament 360. Phone Post 3.0

tmxapp.com

cvb

Sub for progress. Phone Post 3.0

It would be ongoing need. There's a lot more to it but I can't really get into to much at this point without nda's Phone Post

MarsMan -
theINFAMOUScarpe -  How hard is it to write simple software? How much does it cost to hire someone? Phone Post

Not trying to be a dick, but when that was my business, every prospect that started with a line like that was a huge waste of time.

My vision is to run a wrestling management software that will streamline tournament processes such as bracketing, seeding, assigning bout numbers and matches. Create queues that can be send to each table on the corresponding mats

Now that's a MUCH better way to get things started.

I'm pretty clueless about the process of taking an idea and turning it into a functional app. I have "what I feel" are some really great improvements and a huge vision. Not to mention an undying love for the sport. Phone Post

Kirik, can you please point this man in the direction of some top men? Phone Post 3.0

King Trav - Kirik, can you please point this man in the direction of some top men? Phone Post 3.0

Lol Phone Post

theINFAMOUScarpe - 

My vision is to run a wrestling management software that will streamline tournament processes such as bracketing, seeding, assigning bout numbers and matches. Create queues that can be send to each table on the corresponding mats Phone Post

http://download.cnet.com/Tournament-Bracket-Builder/3000-2136_4-10436272.html