I want B.J. in my corner

B.J. visibly through Cole off of his game like i've never seen a cornerman do in mma, while Jens seemed pretty damn silent.

Not to take anything away from Joe ('cause Joe is a damn good fighter), but I think B.J.'s cornering got inside Cole's head as every move he was about to potentially make was getting loudly pointed out.

Yeah, no question BJ is a prodigy. He knew what Cole was going to try before even he did.

BJ visibly threw Cole off his game, too.

on a serious note, i agree.... BJ was a great cornerman in that fight.

lol everyone knew cole has a great triangle, all BJ did mostly was yell "watch the triangle, watch the armbar"...not revolutionary stuff IMO. I am not saying BJ isn't a GREAT cornerman, I am just saying this isn't a great example

gunnz...
clarify this one for me if you will..
so you're saying that if your corner in a fight is quiet the whole time instead of shouting instructions..you disregard their comments because you already know what the guy is going for?

or are ya just trying to quietly justify jens not sayin a word.
thanks

according to Jens blog, the coaches were suppose to be in nuetral corners and not coach.

BJ Could do a Ken Shamrock style of coaching and people would still love him.

I agree Deadspook. It is especially important for a fighter like Joe, who seems like a fighter who will go into a rage fighting at any moment. The only downside to that is if you are fighting someone who has great submissions on the ground, you will get caught.

according to Jens blog, the coaches were suppose to be in nuetral corners and not coach.

Why...

One was TEAM PENN the other was TEAM PULVER....

They should have got rid of the colours too...

I understand if it was Team vs Team... this wasn't

I just want a bj in the corner.

this is edited tv shmucks. you may hear only what they want you to hear, doesnt mean that jens wasnt coachin his guy just cuz you couldnt hear it. cheese and rice.

besides, just yellin about obvious triangle and armbar attempts does not equate better coachin. good lord.

"this is edited tv shmucks. you may hear only what they want you to hear, doesnt mean that jens wasnt coachin his guy just cuz you couldnt hear it."

Ummm...yeah it does. Both coaches have mics on the entire time in every fight. You can hear everything both of them say each fight.

well, count me in as a racist too k11 cuz i'll echoe pulsy's sentiments.

Its more about WHEN he said watch the triangle, watch the left arm, not just that he said it.

"pulsar's racism shows its ugly face again."

LOL.. It's been a while, but ah thanks for the memories k11a.

Actually, this has more to with Hughes' and everyone hating him, but Penn doing the same stuff is just 'cool'...

bj was good at what he doesn he knew everything i was going to do before i did it...great job

"bj was good at what he doesn he knew everything i was going to do before i did it...great job"

End of thread?

ok. are you sayin that mics cant be edited then? lol. one not played and one edited? that would be impossible! or yet one mic used durin the fight and the closest corner was the one that got caught on tape... perhaps you can let me know since you were there at the fight and in the editing room.

yeah warfrog, you are right. It's all a conspiracy to get BJ over.

"according to Jens blog, the coaches were suppose to be in nuetral corners and not coach."

I think he was refering to during the injury-timeout only.