I want to learn BJJ in Fort Worth

Does anyone know of a good place to go in the North Fort Worth area?

I checked out Marcus Santos' gym online but they didn't offer a beginners no gi class. Phone Post 3.0

Lutter?

Lutter's school is a bit of a drive. The closest ones to me are Peak Performance (Paul Halme) and Gracie Barra (Alejandro Siqueira Doudement).

Doudement has some legit credentials.
I'd assume it is expensive since the Gracie name is attached. Phone Post 3.0

Ttt Phone Post 3.0

Ttt, as I also live in the FW area. Phone Post

TempestPrime15 - Lutter's school is a bit of a drive. The closest ones to me are Peak Performance (Paul Halme) and Gracie Barra (Alejandro Siqueira Doudement).

Doudement has some legit credentials.
I'd assume it is expensive since the Gracie name is attached. Phone Post 3.0

Alejandro is a great instructor and also a great competitor.  He always has lots of tough blackbelts coming in from other barra schools.  Mostly begineers since the school recently opened up and a few tough upper belts.  It might be pricey because it's in South Lake.

Thanks for the advice. Yeah I can't image what his overhead is being right there in Southlake.

I live in Roanoke but work out of downtown.

Where do you guys live?

<---laziest stalker ever Phone Post 3.0

I live in North FW and train at Peak Performance and I love it. Highly recommend. Phone Post 3.0

ive heard good things about all these places. Ironside in Bedford is another one to check out if its close.

Genesis with Albert Hughes and tony Tipton Phone Post 3.0

https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&q=rcj+jiu+jitsu&fb=1&gl=us&hq=rcj+jiu+jitsu&ei=lIJqUqyLBpLQkQeb-oCQAQ&ved=0CKYBEMgT

They are all pretty good schools. If you work in downtown Ft. Worth, Travis Lutter actually has 2 gyms (different locations) if i'm not mistaken. One of them iirc, was by La Grave Field (where the Cats play baseball) right by downtown Trinity River. Phone Post

jasonhightower - I live in North FW and train at Peak Performance and I love it. Highly recommend. Phone Post 3.0
What their prices like? Would you recommend it for someone with no experience?

Lutter is south of I-30 I really have no desire to go that far south since I started my new job. Phone Post 3.0

TempestPrime15 -
jasonhightower - I live in North FW and train at Peak Performance and I love it. Highly recommend. Phone Post 3.0

Lutter is south of I-30 I really have no desire to go that far south since I started my new job. Phone Post 3.0
I'm not sure what the standing rate is for an adult. I believe my teenage son is about $170 per month and I pay an "add on" of $70 per month. What I love is I can do the MMA class and get some No Gi practice while also attending the Gi classes. They have Muay Thai, Boot Camps, etc.

I started as a 40 year old white belt 10 months ago and there is a class specifically called "white to blue" which is growing by the week it seems.

Then when your ready you can dive into the next level if BJJ Classes and the competitive class. It's all up to you how far you want to take it. Several belts of all ranks in the classes with time available in early morning, mid day and evening classes. Phone Post 3.0

jasonhightower -
TempestPrime15 -

I'm not sure what the standing rate is for an adult. I believe my teenage son is about $170 per month and I pay an "add on" of $70 per month. What I love is I can do the MMA class and get some No Gi practice while also attending the Gi classes. They have Muay Thai, Boot Camps, etc.

I started as a 40 year old white belt 10 months ago and there is a class specifically called "white to blue" which is growing by the week it seems.

Then when your ready you can dive into the next level if BJJ Classes and the competitive class. It's all up to you how far you want to take it. Several belts of all ranks in the classes with time available in early morning, mid day and evening classes. Phone Post 3.0
Thanks for the info! Phone Post 3.0

Not a better gym in Texas than Next Generation in Frisco, Tx.

- Chris "The Westside Strangler" Brennan / UFC, Pride, KOTC and ADCC vet.

- Master Thong former Alpha Male head Muay Thai coach. Also, he was a coach on this seasons tough.

- Kendall Cross freestyle wrestling Olympic gold medalist.

Can't even compete with their line up. Phone Post 3.0

Blackbeard - Not a better gym in Texas than Next Generation in Frisco, Tx.

- Master Thong former Alpha Male head Muay Thai coach. Also, he was a coach on this seasons tough.

Frisco I too far of a drive as well. Takes about 45 mins with light traffic.

I wondered where Thong went to after Bang took over. Phone Post 3.0

Blackbeard - Not a better gym in Texas than Next Generation in Frisco, Tx.

If I was in that area I would absolutely be there as well. Phone Post 3.0

Blackbeard - Not a better gym in Texas than Next Generation in Frisco, Tx.

True story that's why I moved from PA here.

Genesis Jiu Jitsu in River Oaks. I'm the office guy there so mention the UG and I'll give you 10% off tuition. We have two black belts, Albert Hughes and Tony Tipton, train 7 days a week with classes ranging from 630am to 730pm, and a fun team. Check out our Google reviews.

www.genesisbjj.com Phone Post