I want to run for Mayor of my city

by Harvey M. Kahn

San Bernardino native and long time mixed martial arts fighter Brian Warren has announced his master plan that includes a campaign to run for the mayor of his "former town of greatness." Warren is considered by peers as a trailblazer in turning the sport of mixed martial arts into a credible business.

Warren is the owner of the Unbreakable Gym in San Bernardino, with another location set for a September 1st grand opening in Yucaipa. Other locations are set to open in the Inland Empire, but are the formative stages. Warren was the assistant to Riverside Poly girls water coach Tom Finwall, where they helped lead the team to the 2009 CIF-Southern Section championship.

Warren said San Bernardino has a great geographic location "with residents that have a lot of heart." He said that the youth-orientated Operation Phoenix was a great idea in theory but never got off the ground. "I tried to offer my services and never got anywhere," said the 35 year-old Warren. He said the city needs to rid itself of the image of guys going around all day asking for money. "I'd like to see networking between the city and private business, with people being employed as coaches to train the local young people. There's a lot of good athletes on the street after school," he said.

Warren lives in San Bernardino with his wife and infant baby girl. He was a All-CIF water polo goalie in 1992 at San Bernardino High School. Then  went on to play at Chaffey College where he became MVP of his team & made All southern California 1st team. He was also ranked 2nd in the state in saves. He has fought for a number of mixed martial arts championships and has had audiences in bouts in Las Vegas including Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson. He has captured numerous professional tournament titles and has traveled to Mexico for unsanctioned "tough guy" bouts with some of the best in that country. During his 15-year MMA sanctioned career Warren has compiled an 11-13-1 record, which he said was misleading since he took half those on short notice. "I'm not sure how many fights I have left in me, but I am not taking anymore fights unless I have two months notice," said Warren, whose past reveals that he will probably not keep that promise since he is known for not turning down a fight, albeit a days notice.

He lost his last fight in June at the Ontario Citizens Bank Arena by decision to Tiki Ghosen. He shed 12 pounds in two days to make the contracted 170-pound limit. "My defense was slow and Ghosen took me down any time he wanted and I ended up with a concussion," said Warren. "I was in survival mode and friends told me I didn't like the same person." 

Warren has a stable of 20 fighters in his Unbreakable Gym, with 12 under a professional contracted agreement with him. He said that Joseph Lewis, Vincent Martinez, Brandon Jennings, and Mark Kempthorne, have all been impressive in recent pro fights. He said that he has had a 12-year verbal agreement with Dan Caldwell, owner of TapOut Clothing in Grand Terrace.

Along with incorporating Christian ethics into his business, Warren established the Unbreakable Kids Program which provides some free mixed martial arts instruction and clothing to local youth. He and Tito Ortiz and Randy Couture helped with a charity golf tournament on Aug. 11 at Sierra Lakes Golf Course in Fontana for the family of MMA announcer Ryan Bennett.

As for his mayoral aspirations, Warren added. "If it never happens, at least I showed I care about San Bernardino." 

Source?

Good luck to B. Warren on his campaign.

Why does the story sound like it was written by a high school student?

Harvey Kahn is Brian's pen name.

M KHAN IS BENT

MACAQUE IS BENT

Wow, that should make the news.

Good luck,

Pitman

Wow, that should make the news.

Good luck,

Pitman

hey brian, this is big george. just watched one of your videos and saw pat on there. thats awesome that you guys are still training together. tell him i said hello. awesome fight too, u always have been a warrior. take care brutha and good luck in whatever you decide to do

San Bernadino is a dangerous town

Dangerous city, i worked at a dominos there as soon as i was hired a driver was killed- shot in the chest ona delivery.

I was mugged myself on a delery and car stolen, i had a gun pulled on me in a seperate time there too.

I was caught in a crossfire on last day of highschool gang shotting in friont of school.

GL BRIAN takes balls to be white and stay in that city !

wreckker -  takes balls to be white and stay in that city !

Sounds like the beginnings of a campaign slogan to me!

Christians don't belong in politics in my opinion. Our kingdom is not of this world, is what Jesus said. He also said not to rule over others.

rev

I would assume membership in this forum would be an automatic disqualifier.

Guilt by association and all

Separation of church and state bro...I agree with the other Rev above.

Good luck B WArren!

Let me be the first to say I think you would be posting in the WRONG FORUM, ASSHOLE!

FightWatcher -  Let me be the first to say I think you would be posting in the WRONG FORUM, ASSHOLE!

At least TRY to tie your joke in with the overall theme or subject of the thread, bro.

notsobigmike - 
reverend john - Christians don't belong in politics in my opinion. Our kingdom is not of this world, is what Jesus said. He also said not to rule over others.

rev

To what extent? Should they vote? Should they engage in political discourse and/or demonstrations?

If a Christian feels that a political philosophy or piece of legislation is morally incompatible with his or her faith, how far can he or she go before "entering politics?"

let me preface by saying again this is my opinion, and one that is not shared by most of the Christian community. I believe that Christians should not take office, that they should not vote, nor campaign for things. What I believe they should be, is a radical example of what is a better way to live. I believe also that we should stand on behalf of the downtrodden, and poor, and alienated. That we should stand in the way of the war machine, and run away capitalism. That we should be radically political, but not part of politics. Calling people to account for injustice, but not taking part in a system that endows people with the power to oppress, to kill, to rule over others.

rev

reverend john - let me preface by saying again this is my opinion, and one that is not shared by most of the Christian community. I believe that Christians should not take office, that they should not vote, nor campaign for things. What I believe they should be, is a radical example of what is a better way to live. I believe also that we should stand on behalf of the downtrodden, and poor, and alienated. That we should stand in the way of the war machine, and run away capitalism. That we should be radically political, but not part of politics. Calling people to account for injustice, but not taking part in a system that endows people with the power to oppress, to kill, to rule over others.

rev

I think you are awesome. And I'm flat out atheistic.

reverend john - let me preface by saying again this is my opinion, and one that is not shared by most of the Christian community. I believe that Christians should not take office, that they should not vote, nor campaign for things. What I believe they should be, is a radical example of what is a better way to live. I believe also that we should stand on behalf of the downtrodden, and poor, and alienated. That we should stand in the way of the war machine, and run away capitalism. That we should be radically political, but not part of politics. Calling people to account for injustice, but not taking part in a system that endows people with the power to oppress, to kill, to rule over others.

rev

+ 1