I want to see Carwin vs Lesnar

I think Lesnar is no doubt an up and coming talent. He proved that at some level size, strength, and athletic ability account for a lot in a fight against Randy. I want to see him fight a guy his size, with similar skills that he cannot bully around the cage.

they need to give carwin some better opponents. then we'll see.

Me too, Late 2009 IMO

TTT for Carwin!

ChokedOnBrocksSwock - they need to give carwin some better opponents. then we'll see.

You're right, but obviously that's not a pre-requisite for a title fight. What's fair is fair, right?

Beninger - 
ChokedOnBrocksSwock - they need to give carwin some better opponents. then we'll see.

You're right, but obviously that's not a pre-requisite for a title fight. What's fair is fair, right?

im just saying that i like carwin, and i want to see him fight someone of a much higher caliber then neil wain. give him kongo, or herring, or someone in the division thats pretty well known and a game opponent.

^I agree. I know he can prove himself the right way.

Wait...
Carwin vs. Lesnar?!?!?!
What a mind blowing possibility. I think that idea might just catch on with the UG.

I would prefer Cain. I think he's a better overall fight at this point and would do well vs Lesnar!

TTT for Shane

I agree. That would be a good fight.

Like Brock, Carwin used to be around 300lb ripped up, great wrestler, and heavy hands.
Advantage Brock, he is putting the wood to Sable

Could we stop making these threads until Lesnar's next fight against Mir/ Nog is over?

Seriously that fight will be happening, its not a rumor.

Maybe it would be a good idea to have Carwin fight a legitimate opponent on the same card? That I would like to see.

Saku12 - Could we stop making these threads until Lesnar's next fight against Mir/ Nog is over?

Seriously that fight will be happening, its not a rumor.

Maybe it would be a good idea to have Carwin fight a legitimate opponent on the same card? That I would like to see.

True that fight has to take place before anything else. Shane is learning everyday and the more fights before a big title shot the better for shane and the worse for whomever.

Shanes boxing is not a fluke, the guys first fight was in the WEC 1st round finish. His boxing coach is behind some of the better strikers in the game today. he trains regularly with Jardine, Rashad, Marquart and more. The guy is a naturally gifted athlete and he vs any of the top HWTS is going to be FOTY candidate.

Cain's future hangs in the balance but Cain, Shane, Brock,and Nog anr huge powerful guys. The UFC better reenforce the cage for any of these match-ups. Also these big HWT fights that loom in the near future will be the nail in the coffin for boxing. Boxing will never have the hype and excitement that will be generated by these giant Warriors going at it for 25 minutes. Cain and Shane have deep gas tanks and these guys move like middleweights.

Ok, for all you trolls who decide to sit behind your keyboards and all the smart ass remarks, I have been with this forum since 99' whe it was mixedmartialarts.com, respect your elders! I realize the thread has been made before, but I guess in your world we can only talk about things once. I know who he trains with as I have also trained with Marquardt and Bang here at T's Ko gym, and Carwins boxing is legit. Vernon Forrest comes in a lot to train for wheh he fight. I just personally think Carwin is getting screwed. He has never lost a fight and cannot crack the main card, and Lesnar fights twice going 101 and gets a shot a Randy?

Shane Carwin is legit, and he can, and should contend for the title. His is bigger than Brock, has better boxig than Brock, has a WAY better submission game, as well as I do not think the difference in wrestling will be that tough for Carwin to neutrailize what Brock does. I think the UFC is taking advantage of Lesnar, which I cannot blame, but I remember the good old days where you actually had to have talent to get exposure. The UFC needs to begin to hype him due the fact they hopefully have figured out rhey a guy who could potentially be one of the great heavies in the sport. Standing, the edge goes drastically to Shane, ground game goes drastically to Carwin, and while I think Brock is the better wrestler I think Shane can hang with him. Basically what I am saying is I understand Lesnar is a paycheck, I think the UFC would be smart to start promoting a guy who can, and I think will beat Brock Lesnar.

carwin seems pretty legit, and i have been on the bandwagon so long my ass is starting to hurt.

but he has been getting some cans in the process. put him against some better competition and see where he is. i think he has what it takes to hold the belt, but we don't really know yet.

I do not see anyone in the heavy weight division giving him problems other than Nog and that is simply because I think Bog has the best BJJ in MMA. He is deserving of at least a main card. Put him against Cain, and I truthfully think Cawin will dominate him.

No disrespect (I've been here forever, too) but when I posted that, this thread was literally the 4th thread in a row with the exact same topic.

carwin vs kongo