I want to start cooking with more types of veggies

When I'm in the produce section I get lettuce, tomato, cuties, sweet potato, bananas, onions... Sometimes I get other stuff, but I want to expand. Give me good recipes that include veggies I normally don't cook with. Because of health and stuff.

the_b00ts -

Zucchinis.

There's a good zucchini lasagna recipe on Fit Men Cook   

Sweet. I just made cabalacitas the other night. Zucchini, squash, curb, chilis, cheese, with pork chops. Made it twice recently actually.

Also, any his FB pages with healthy stuff would be great.

fresh beet greens are pretty good... and so are beets

Op you don't need more veggies. What you need is spirit cooking. Some period blood and semen and you will never want Russian dressing again. 

Steamed broccoli. Mashed cauliflower. Toss asparagus and sliced peppers in EVO, salt, and pepper and grill or pan fry in a cast iron. Do the same to cabbage (either grill a slap or quickly pan sear in a hotpan til just soft. Sliced squash brushed with Italian dressing and grilled.

Preheat oven to 450

slice Brussels sprouts in half and coat them in a mixture of olive oil, fresh ground pepper , salt and some garlic seasoning(I use a roasted garlic steak  seasoning). I will throw everything in a Tupperware and toss it around to coat the brusselsprouts.   Lay Brussels sprouts cut side down on a foil lined pan and bake for 10-15 mins depending on size of sprouts.   The outside should have a nice dark roasted look.    

You're welcome. 

Take a zucchini, cut it in half horizontally and hollow each size out a bit. Fill it with whatever you want (chicken with Franks hot sauce and blue cheese is a good one) and bake that fucker

Do you have a Chinese grocer in your area? If so, go there, and you will find greens and veggies you've never heard of.

Ttt

IN

Wild rice and quinoa brand is called seeds of change.

Cook in skillet and sit aside

Put butter in skillet with a bag of frozen vegetables and cook. Now add montreal seasoning and throw rice and quinoa into the vegetables for 1-2 minutes and enjoy

Wife and I have this for dinner all the time

Healthy and cheap. No can defend

BispingDecisionedDesperateDansDreams -

First, pre-order OGer Bobby Lupo's new vegetarian cookbook: http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/OtherGround/I-Wrote-a-Cookbook-Pre-Order-for-12-Price:2626460?pc=261.

Second, are you looking for simple ways to incorporate veggies into your normal diet, or do you want to expand quite a bit more?

For simple things, here are some suggestions.  Instead of mashed potatoes, steam some brocolli or cauliflower or both, then do a half-and-half mix of potatoes and broc/caul.  Replace pasta with spaghetti squash.  To cook, you just need to split a spaghetti squash down the middle long ways.  Put it "cut down" (skin facing up) in a baking pan with 0.5-1cm of water and maybe some olive oil.  Bake until it can be shaved out with a fork. 

Replace some basic grains with more nutritious ones.  White rice is bad.  Replace with things like lentils or quinoa... or at least do a mix with the regular rice.

You can easily add nutrient-dense greens to lots of stuff... for normal foods, think about adding finely chopped spinach or kale to a pasta sauce and letting it simmer.

Speaking of easy and nutrient-dense greens.  Sautee your preferred green in olive oil with fresh chopped garlic and maybe a tiny bit of salt.  Simple.  Delicious.  Healthy.

For more traditional "healthy" dishes, you can do a lot with salads.  Again, use the nutrient-dense greens alongside or in place of plain lettuce.  Start thinking of doing "main dish" or "entree" salads... basically, a main dish without focusing on the carb.  You can always include carbs, too, but they just don't need to be the main focus.

Helpful?

Yeah

This man knows

Spaghetti squash are fackin amazing. Cut in half cook in oven. Salt pepper garlic straight up or use with pasta sauce for spaghetti

Delicious

this is probably one of the healthiest leafy greens. one of the highest levels of magnesium. Chinese water spinach. get it at the asian supermarket

EVILYOSHIDA - this is probably one of the healthiest leafy greens. one of the highest levels of magnesium. Chinese water spinach. get it at the asian supermarket

It looks good, but how the fuck do I cook it, you mongoloid?

you have to eat veggies with oil to be able to absorb the nutrients.

Also many Chinese veggie dishes have more fat and oil content than big macs. but still healthy.

Icy Mike - 
EVILYOSHIDA - this is probably one of the healthiest leafy greens. one of the highest levels of magnesium. Chinese water spinach. get it at the asian supermarket

It looks good, but how the fuck do I cook it, you mongoloid?

very easy.

heat vegetable oil in pan.

throw diced garlic in the oil.

When the garlic starts to brown a little bit, throw the chinese water spinach into the pan.

the water spinach will start to excrete water and will start to shrink.

add some salt and a dash of rice wine.

In China this is called SUAN RONG KONG XIN CAI

which means Garlic cooked Empty Heart vegetable

it's called empty heart because the stem is hollow. very unique and good texture

cauliflower rice has changed my life

In.

Wayne Shamrock -

fresh beet greens are pretty good... and so are beets

This man knows. It feels like you are drinking nature. Also, cool coloured pee.

Sub