I want to thank the OG

A few of you guys really lit a fire under my ass.

I am 29 and have a girlfriend of 3 years whom i want to start a family with. While I love my job, it is not a job that I can have a family on.

So over the last few weeks I have made a big decision. I have spoken with a few Ogers, namely DominicVelluso and B17. A thread TheSeanster made a while back about programming stuck with me aswell. While talking about things with these OGers, I was watching Mr. Robot. That show reminded me how much fun I had fucking around with BackTrack back in highschool. That was about when I was speaking to Dom and he informed of the successes he is having in his work. 

So I decided to get back to my IT roots and take a path that I have been too chicken shit to go down. I decided to go into Network Security, specifically Penetration Testing. I have not decided whether I want to go Web-App or Network security yet, but I am leaning towards the latter. I have started studying and I am half way into the first of 4 books. Below is my overall mission plan.

Mission Plan towards CISSP/OSCP (MAKE SOME FUCKING MONEY!)

1)    Introduction to Pen Testing – Georgia Weidman
a.     Expected Completion 10/31
2)    Metasploit Framework
a.     Expected Completion 11/31
3)    Learn some “Dangerous Python” here and there.
4)    Begin doing exercises on Pen Tester Lab.com
a.     Try to get through as many exercises by end of Dec.
5)    Study Network+ and Security+ for January while still doing
pentestlab and other labs throughout January.
6)    Join CTF team.
7)    Continue doing Labs, learning python scripting, and linux.
8)    Depending on Confidence, sign up for CISSP or OSCP Lab time and Exam for Mid March/April.

Thanks OG
Especially DomVelluso, B17 and TheSeanster

When I land my first 6 figure job I will buy 10 Blue Names.

Best of luck to you sir!

jack Nicholson in the departed gif Phone Post 3.0

temujen - jack Nicholson in the departed gif Phone Post 3.0

Jack Nicholson in Anger Management gif IMO

yes animated GIF

Penetration Testing always results in a Ruptured disc. Dangerous field you're entering bro. Penetrate carefully. Phone Post 3.0

I can't say that I support this.

I mean, who wants lo look at awesome pictures of redacted spread sheets?

Change is scary Phone Post 3.0

Go get'em Serge!!!

Best of luck to you comrade. Phone Post 3.0

I love you, you fat russian fuck, I think your girl is a hottie and I hope you crush this next endevour.  BUT I have heard you say this shit time and time again.  About the cataloging shit, about real estate, time shares,  about the gun shit. etc..

Carpe Diem, man!  Fucking get with one thing, own it and stick with it! 

Insert Jeremiah Johnson nodding gif.

Fighting -

I love you, you fat russian fuck, I think your girl is a hottie and I hope you crush this next endevour.  BUT I have heard you say this shit time and time again.  About the cataloging shit, about real estate, time shares,  about the gun shit. etc..

Carpe Diem, man!  Fucking get with one thing, own it and stick with it! 

Yeah you're absolutely right. This has been a pattern I've fallen in to. This is different because this is something I can do and study for in my spare time. The real estate shit failed because I didn't have the money saved up i needed. The gun shit is fine, but it's not enough to start a family on. The timeshare stuff was good money, but it was soul sucking.

This is something I enjoy, something I can study for in my spare time, and I don't have to leave work to do it. Phone Post 3.0

Most importantly it will give you the means to relieve financial stress and participate in things that would otherwise be too expensive. Like vacations.

Ttt Phone Post 3.0

Good for you SergeK.    Make that money!

TFK_Tom O'Bedlam - Most importantly it will give you the means to relieve financial stress and participate in things that would otherwise be too expensive. Like vacations.
he already LIVES where 90% of the OG vacations Phone Post 3.0

Good for you OP. Are you currently working in the IT field or is this a completely new endeavor?

Good luck brother! That's the field I want to end up in as well. I really want to go down the net security path but I'm still working on it. I'm in the technical data field at a really huge electronic component distributer, but my end goal is to end up in our IT department here. Phone Post 3.0

I am curious as to how many people theseanster has directly influenced. I know he has inspired me for sure. Good luck serge. Phone Post 3.0