I (well, wifey) just had a baby boy! AMA & TME!

8 lb's and 15 oz!  and 22" long....will most definitely be the next LHW champ! ;)

With the wife being only 4'11" and 110 lbs on a non-pregnant day, there was no way she was delivering w/out having to undergo a C-section (although she definitely tried).  Thankfully, I took no pics (sorry).

So...any advice/tips on how to care for her while she's recovering from surgery, or random info I should know about the recovery process?  We have a 2 y/o daughter, so it's going to be a challenge, but even moreso now w/the wife trying to come back from surgery.

Also, what should I expect over the next few months from the little guy?  Besides the obvious: "watch out for the pee in your face while you change the diaper!"  Thanks OG....

oh, and somebody bump the Crockpot thread...i'm getting hungry!

Congrats to you and your wife. Phone Post

Thanks man! VU Phone Post 3.0

Phone Post 3.0

Congrats mate!
What did you name him? Phone Post

Congrats to you and the Mrs.!!! Phone Post 3.0

No kids here but vtfu and congratulations Phone Post 3.0

Congrats bro! My advice? watch out for the pee in your face while you change the diaper! Phone Post

congrats to you and your wife

Phone Post 3.0

Was the sex worth it? Phone Post

sillypants - Was the sex worth it? Phone Post
Depends on who you ask ;) Phone Post 3.0

congrats!!!

boys are so much easier to raise than girls.

Sippi Boy - No kids here but vtfu and congratulations Phone Post 3.0
Back at ya! Phone Post 3.0

thedogofdogs - congrats!!!

Thanks man. You think? Why? My daughter (only 2) has been easier than I thought it'd be. Of course, I am dreading 10 years from now Phone Post 3.0

CONGRATS!
I had a c section and I recovered rather quickly! However, that is not the case for all women.

My one big no-no is don't make her laugh! My husband and sister were killing me the week I gave birth and I thought I tore a stitch! It was terrible! I cried from laughter and pain simultaneously.

Be supportive, get her pain meds if she needs them. Clean up so she doesn't feel tempted to. Cook and do the normal mom chores so she can relax and recover.

If she is going to breastfeed baby, make her take naps in between feedings so she can function. And buy her a good breast pump so she can pump milk for when she has to be away. Phone Post 3.0

....in the interim Phone Post 3.0

mjeezy - CONGRATS!
I had a c section and I recovered rather quickly! However, that is not the case for all women.

My one big no-no is don't make her laugh! My husband and sister were killing me the week I gave birth and I thought I tore a stitch! It was terrible! I cried from laughter and pain simultaneously.

Be supportive, get her pain meds if she needs them. Clean up so she doesn't feel tempted to. Cook and do the normal mom chores so she can relax and recover.

If she is going to breastfeed baby, make her take naps in between feedings so she can function. And buy her a good breast pump so she can pump milk for when she has to be away. Phone Post 3.0
Thank you! How long was your recovery? They are saying not to do anything strenuous (which includes driving?) for 6 weeks. True? Phone Post 3.0

Chick on bottom has midget hands. ^^^^ Phone Post 3.0

BeeTrain - 
thedogofdogs - congrats!!!

Thanks man. You think? Why? My daughter (only 2) has been easier than I thought it'd be. Of course, I am dreading 10 years from now Phone Post 3.0

I've raised both and found boys to be predictable with their actions, while girls tend to flip flop.

My daughter is now 24, and her teen years aged me greatly, while my sons were very predictable, sports, girls, cars.

Best wishes when the two hit the teen years, make sure they have a separate bathroom, or get good ear plugs :)