I wish GSP had gone Aoki on Hardy

That way we wouldn't hear all this BS about Hardy being a worthy challenger. He did nothing in that fight and GSP toyed with him. Not tapping is a lack of respect, like the jerks who say they were flash KO'd.

I did find it odd that GSP went for the kimura and went for it strong then gave up and just started looking to his corner.

that was an odd move.

not sure if he was tired or what happened there.

pc mma = game over

Sportsmanship is what happened there.

It cracks me up that we have posts like this and others claiming GSP didn't try to finish, then you have the other 8 million posts about how Palhares needs to be banned from the sport.

YourDumbFace - It cracks me up that we have posts like this and others claiming GSP didn't try to finish, then you have the other 8 million posts about how Palhares needs to be banned from the sport.

Big difference between finishing a sub when a guy won't tap and making a ref pry your hands off with a crowbar after you've already shredded the guy's knee/ankle.

he couldnt...aoki is light years beyond gsp in terms of technique...not everyone can break a guys arm from an armlock..u need good technique... 

<blockquote>Crush Crawfish - <br />Big difference between finishing a sub when a guy won't tap and making a ref pry your hands off with a crowbar after you've already shredded the guy's knee/ankle.</blockquote><br /><br />

Is the basis of the argument that Palhares intended to harm his opponent? Because that's what this is advocating.

The palhares thing got blown way out of proportion and he didn't hold it for too long afterwards. If you really want to get into the banning thing, how about Hendo, BJ penn, or Rampage? They did it and bragged. Palhares apologized.

Personally, I think GSP should've wrenched the sub and I don't think Palhares's sub is that big of a deal. I will admit he held if for a second, but I think it was more time of him releasing than anything malicious

The only logical deduction is Aoki is a Martial Artist and GSP is not.

< / sarcasm > 

Zamiel - You're trolling right?

You don't think GSP (rightfully) tried to break Hardy's arm? It sure looked like it to me.

No, not trolling and I've grappled before (3 stripe blue in BJJ w/ 1 submission win in MMA). I genuinely think that GSP was so far ahead that he took it easy on Hardy.

Massa - Sportsmanship is what happened there.

I agree. The Uk fans need to stop the shit talking and thank gsp that he didn't destroy both of Hardys arms. Now he can come back and fight instead of having surgery.

Not tapping when you are caught in a submission is bad sportsmanship. GSP had every right to break it. Hardy is very lucky that GSP is merciful

I genuinely hope Hardy looked at the fight replay and realized that GSP didn't pull the trigger on that Kimura.

When Hardy made the post-fight statement about not tapping, I cringed. He's a tough SOB, but a lot of guys would have ripped that arm the hell out. Palahares (different weight, I know)would still be cranking it.

yeah..hes not trying to break it...LOL

GSP said he was trying to finish but couldn't. He is asked at the post fight press conference if he gave up on either one of those submissions because he thought Hardy wasn't going to tap and GSP said know it was a matter of technique.

The fact that you actually wish that GSP had broken Hardy's arm shocks me considering your a green name, how often do you actually fight? Maybe next time someone catches you in an arm lock they'll decide to take your arm off.

JustPeed - GSP said he was trying to finish but couldn't. He is asked at the post fight press conference if he gave up on either one of those submissions because he thought Hardy wasn't going to tap and GSP said know it was a matter of technique.

The fact that you actually wish that GSP had broken Hardy's arm shocks me considering your a green name, how often do you actually fight? Maybe next time someone catches you in an arm lock they'll decide to take your arm off.

First, no fighter will ever admit he carried his opponent. It's just bad form to say so.

Second, next time someone catches me in an armlock I will tap, gracefully conceding that I lost and letting my opponent have his rightful win.

I agree, look at GSPs leg position during the armbar... he just doesnt have Aoki's level of technique when it comes to subs (and does not need it to win fights), or else hardy's arm would be broken right now.

Well... his arm is vegetable anyways today... any of you who fought at tourneys know how the next 2 days are, after you refuse to tap to an armbar....

At last - someone who knows what actually happened.

I would love it if GSP turned heel.

Screw this "toughest fight of my career" crap. I want him to start calling out his opponents as scrubs, saying they aren't worthy to be in the same cage as him.

"Dis guy 'e sucks. I will turn his face into 'amburger and den steal his girlfriend heh heh heh"

Let him hold onto a choke for too long.

Taunt his opponents mid fight like Nick Diaz does.

Get on the mic and say the fans are drunken idiots... then boo them as loud and annoyingly as possible

I don't think some people realize how flexible some people's shoulders are... i can reach that way and touch the back of my head and im not double jointed all weird.. kimuras take A LOT of cranking on people that flexible.. hardy is probably very similar.. the arm bar he obviously did a good escape and toughed it out