I wish GSP had gone Aoki on Hardy

kitzsu - I don't think some people realize how flexible some people's shoulders are... i can reach that way and touch the back of my head and im not double jointed all weird.. kimuras take A LOT of cranking on people that flexible.. hardy is probably very similar.. the arm bar he obviously did a good escape and toughed it out

hardy is no doubt tough, but gsp's submission attempts were not tight...

IT really did look like he was looking for the ref to stop the fight without a tap on the kimura, and when he wouldnt he let it go

In the heat of the battle technique is not always perfect. GSP's sub attmepts were a little sloppy. That is the only reason Hardy was able to keep going.

BanTheUKmmaNoobs - 
CarlosFerrao - 
JustPeed - GSP said he was trying to finish but couldn't. He is asked at the post fight press conference if he gave up on either one of those submissions because he thought Hardy wasn't going to tap and GSP said know it was a matter of technique.

The fact that you actually wish that GSP had broken Hardy's arm shocks me considering your a green name, how often do you actually fight? Maybe next time someone catches you in an arm lock they'll decide to take your arm off.

First, no fighter will ever admit he carried his opponent. It's just bad form to say so.

Second, next time someone catches me in an armlock I will tap, gracefully conceding that I lost and letting my opponent have his rightful win.
If he 'carried' Hardy, then why is there a video of him on the net, backstage after the fight, asking his coaches why he couldn't finish the armbar and kimura? 
Why would you ask a rational question?  There is nothing that any rational person would be able to say that would get them to have an honest assessment or critique of their hero.

BanTheUKmmaNoobs - If he 'carried' Hardy, then why is there a video of him on the net, backstage after the fight, asking his coaches why he couldn't finish the armbar and kimura?

Post the video then. Id like to see this.

Well that was an amazing escape that Hardy did on that Kimura that somehow made GSP's arms unclasp and let his arm go. One of you JuiJitsu experts will have to explain to me how that's done.

Robin.

YourDumbFace - It cracks me up that we have posts like this and others claiming GSP didn't try to finish, then you have the other 8 million posts about how Palhares needs to be banned from the sport.

FieryErmine - Well that was an amazing escape that Hardy did on that Kimura that somehow made GSP's arms unclasp and let his arm go. One of you JuiJitsu experts will have to explain to me how that's done.

Hardy was tickling his bum during the Kimura. GSP is very sensitive down there. No, really, I don't know either.

FieryErmine - Well that was an amazing escape that Hardy did on that Kimura that somehow made GSP's arms unclasp and let his arm go. One of you JuiJitsu experts will have to explain to me how that's done.

Robin.
it wasnt an amazing escape...but he was able to alleviate pressure by angling his body and circiling his whole body counterclockwise to go with the pressure of the kimura...but hardy was able to do all this because GSP's tech wasn't tight...instead of leaning forward and lifting up his leg, gsp should have put both knees down and stabilized hardy's body while posturing up to bring the arm further away from the body

Why is no one talking about the fact that Hardy fake tapped during the Kimura and the Arm Bar?

GSP "gave up" or "eased up" on the subs only after cranking as hard as he could and not getting the tap. He certainly did NOT go easy, he didn't have his technique tight enough to get a tap from someone who was a little extra flexible or knew they had a little more to go; or to get a snap from someone who didn't care. Most people just tap well before their threshold as far as actual injury.

When I trained I had a very good idea of my limits and didn't tap at the same point as other people did. Now we are not even talking about sparring, it wasn't an ego thing. It was just drilling technique. At first my partners would be a bit frustrated, but soon they liked doing the drills with me better because they HAD to get the sub correct with tight technique.

If you dont tap in training you are really an asshole.

Please don't force me to have to injure you to get a tap.

HereWeAre - If you dont tap in training you are really an asshole.

Please don't force me to have to injure you to get a tap.

If you are talking about me, I don't think you understood. I WOULD tap... when the sub was good enough to make me. The years I trained no one ever injured me and I tapped plenty. My resistance made the people who trained with me better technically.

The worst thing that ever happened was bruises around my jaw from not tapping to a "choke" that wasn't cleanly under my chin. Really do you WANT someone to tap in training if you don't have the sub on "perfectly"?

The more I watch the Aoki replay the more I agree with Aoki flipping the bird...."Fuck you, you don't tap, you deserve to get your arm broken.. Now go fuck yourself asshole"

PiousDevil - 
BanTheUKmmaNoobs - Hardy escaped just in time.

He didn't escape the kimure. GSP just let it go, clear as day. He obviously took pity on him, but it was a dick move by hardy not to tap when he was obviously going to get his shoulder ruined if GSP had the guts to pull the trigger.

yup

YourDumbFace - It cracks me up that we have posts like this and others claiming GSP didn't try to finish, then you have the other 8 million posts about how Palhares needs to be banned from the sport.

There is this thing called tapping.

When someones taps, you stop. If the individual refuses to tap then it is THEIR decision to have a broken limb. Big difference, and if you can't see it then go watch something else.

BanTheUKmmaNoobs - 
MMA Girls - 
PiousDevil - 
BanTheUKmmaNoobs - Hardy escaped just in time.

He didn't escape the kimure. GSP just let it go, clear as day. He obviously took pity on him, but it was a dick move by hardy not to tap when he was obviously going to get his shoulder ruined if GSP had the guts to pull the trigger.

yup
Nup.

From Shitdog:

St. Pierre blamed his lack of technique, particularly with his angle and leverage on the kimura, which allowed Hardy to counter the move with his body movement.

“I forgot the technical element of it,” said St. Pierre. “Sometimes those technical details make the difference... I wanted to go 100 percent. I trained to break. I want to finish him, you know what I mean?"

Lol at you buying the backstage video......it's meant to do just that, make idiots believe.  GSP is a fucking blackbelt.  You don't get a blackbelt by not knowing how to finish two of the simplest moves in JJ.  sheep.

he did try to break the arm with an explosion in the kimura