I would like to be a Deacon

With the Catholic church.I do however have many tattoos from my Navy/Heavy metal days.Can anyone tell me if this would disqualify me.I would be willing to cover them.I have nothing on my hand or neck,face.

well biblically it shouldn't

i can't say anything about the Catholic by laws since i dont know them.

Nope, tattoos shouldn't disqualify you at all. They could even be a benefit in some ways. At a mass, though, they would all be covered.

You might be interested in looking into a Deacon Formation program at a seminary. Good luck!

Even the 'revs' here got tats!

what do deacons do in catholic masses?

1 Timothy 3

8 Deacons likewise must be men of dignity, not double-tongued, or addicted to much wine or fond of sordid gain,

9 but holding to the mystery of the faith with a clear conscience.

10 These men must also first be tested; then let them serve as deacons if they are beyond reproach.

Mitch was that for me?

I still don't know what their role is during the mass...

The tattoo thing shouldn't matter...that was the past, unless you did it contrary to the advice given by your priest and he remembers...

No, just posting some biblical info about them. I don't think their role in mass is in the bible.

the biblical role for deacons is to carry out the daily functions of the church, care for the elderly, and orphanned.

we don't have deacons...we have elders

elders are different than deacons...

using the Jesus example...

the elders would be like the twelve...the deacons are the one who are elected later to aid the elders.

yes I know...we do not have deacons though

heathen!!!!

got this from wikpedia regarding deacons: they seem to be quite high in the rank? also it states that they do not directly report to priests but bishops...WOW

can anybody confirm or deny...

"The diaconate is one of the three ordained offices in the Roman Catholic, Anglican, Eastern Orthodox, and Oriental Orthodox churches. The other two offices are those of priest and of bishop.

In Roman Catholic, Anglican, and Orthodox churches, deacons assist priests in their pastoral and administrative duties, but report directly to the bishop. They have a distinctive role in the liturgy, their main tasks being to read the Gospel and assist in the administration of the Eucharist."