IA Challenge 30 SAT- 9-9

Good luck to John Halverson and Mickle. Also to Ryan Hass and Victor Moreano, who are fighting in the Council Bluffs VFC tonight as well.

John is still fighting right?

yes! see you up here...

Who's in for Kalvig?

Good Luck with the show Chad!

Good luck w/ the show Chad! I was planning on coming...stuff came up! cya next time!

MC

good luck on the show and to all the fighters.ttt for john halverson, mickle and fulton.

Good times. Travis and John both won. John in a most impressive (read: fast) fashion and Travis in a slower but still dominating fashion as well.

However, my big question of the night deals with the ladies that were fighting. Who was the second girl? She walked out and I just laughed. I thought she was going to get killed. After the fight started she very quickly threw a most impressive hip toss and looked very solid. It was awesome. Made me feel like an idiot for judging her so quickly. However, a bit later they were standing again and up against the fence. I couldn't see what happened but she suddenly quit. I was wondering if anyone knew what had happened because she completely won me (and probably most of the audience) over real fast.

Did you happen to see the 3rd fight of the night? What a slam!!!!! ;)

Oh yeah, I saw it all. Good slam indeed. What about the 2 second knockout? Cheap or no? Sure it was low, but since the fighters touch gloves before the fight begins then I see no reason to do it again after the fight begins.

I hate when that happens. There is a unwritten code of conduct between fighters and that shit shouldnt happen IMO.

Thanks to GoBott for the results:

Amateur
Andy Stock v Andre Case – Andre Case by tapout from RNC 1:22 rd 2
Josh Stamp v Mike Kofoot – Jos Stamp by tapout RNC 1:43 rd 1
John George v Karima Bennett – John George by tapout RNC 1:04 rd 1
Steve Hoffman v Ted Reynolds – Ted Reynolds tapout RNC 1:47 rd 2
Joe Slaten v Jake Brown – Jake brown by KO :02 rd 1
Derek Mahmen v Jeremy Norwood – Derek Mehmen by TKO :53 rd 2
Chris McDaniel v Mike Plazola – Mike Plazola by choke 2:21 rd 1
Mike Jacobs v Dan Bach – Mike Jacobs by unanimous decision
Denise Stacy v Shannon Carter – Denise Stacy by tapout strikes 2:13
rd 1
Jeff crumley v Jeff Burger – Draw by Judges Decision

Pro
Ken Sargent v Donnie Shea – Ken Sargent by tapout ankle lock 1:51 rd
Dan Loman v Shawn Nolan – Dan Loman by tapout strikes 1:21 rd 1
Juan Bendrickson v John Halverson – John Halverson by tapout
strikes :15 rd 1
Bryan Breasler v Chris Mickle – Chris Mickle by tapout RNC :1:57 rd 1
Ben Thoma v Travis Fulton – Travis Fulton by Tapout Strikes 3:55 rd 1

Brooks/Fulton would have been interesting....Rashad has been training hard and really improving and everyone knows Fulton is no joke.

MC

Nice work Dan...

Rashad broke his thumb last week in Winterset and had to back out

First off just wanted to say thank you to all that attended, helped with and supported this show... It has been 2 years since there has been a pro show in Waterloo and I was happy to get the welcoming back home on this event...The fights were very good and the attendance was great...Now to answer a few comments:
The female fight started out slow and then they really got into it....I saw Shannon go down and just quit and I didnt know what happened either..I asked the referee (Josh Neer) what was going on and he said she just said she was hurting and very tired....

The Bunger/ Crumley fight was another really good fight that ended up being a draw...Reynolds and Hoffman may have been the fight of the night VERY entertaining and a huge come back after getting dropped and coming back to win the fight while getting cut badly....Speaking of getting dropped, the Mickle/Bressler bout was unreal...They both swung and dropped each other and it was very intense and was another fight I was very happy to have in the Iowa Challenge history books....Kalvig pulled out and Bendickson stepped in to fill his place on very short notice.. Juan actually wants to fight John again with more time to prepare...Anyways, thank you again for supporting the show....Chad

good show

One more thing, someone had asked about the fighter winning in 2 sec....We talked at the rules meeting about the referee bringing both fighters to the center and going over the rules one last time, touching gloves at that point and coming out fighting....Josh had every fight doing this and still some wanted to touch gloves again...Well, Jon Slaten came out to touch gloves again and got drilled with a huge KO....That is what happened in that fight...

ttt for the Iowa Challenge. Sounds like it was a good one, Chad.

Good show Chad, looking forward to maybe fighting in one of yours some day. Congrats to Johnny and Mickle in winning their fights. I am sure Johnny will be happy to give the kid a rematch, he didn't even mess up his make-up during the fight.

giboo, it was nice meeting you this weekend and the after party was a blast....I do look forward to having you on a show sometime soon....The guy JH fought truly did feel he was "winning" until it hit the ground....So I think a rematch is in mind....Later,Chad