Iaquinta puts White on ice. Out of FN Nebraska

Ariel HelwaniVerified account @arielhelwani 1h1 hour ago
More

Al Iaquinta has informed the UFC that he is not fighting Justin Gaethje on the 8/25 card in Lincoln, NE, Iaquinta told @espn. Undisclosed reasons. UFC is actively looking for a replacement to fight Gaethje in the main event, sources say.

Direct message

Well. I'm not fucking surprised. And I wouldn't be shocked if either side is to blame. This is certainly not the first time.

White has to go

James Vick Retweeted Ariel Helwani

That punching bag Gaethje don't want these problems!!

#11 ranked 13-1 James Vick (9-1 UFC) has stepped up, he was already preparing for a fight on July 14 against Paul Felder

You may remember Gaethje and Vick do not get along at all.

Justin Gaethje goes off on “turd” James Vick, vows to “slap the f**k out of him”

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/justin-gaethje/justin-gaethje-goes-off-on-turd-james-vick-vows-to-slap-the-fk-out-of-him/
By
 Tom Taylor
 -

April 12, 2018

At present, all of Justin Gaethje’s focus is directed at his Saturday night opponent, Dustin Poirier. That being said, the former World Series of Fighting lightweight champ also has some very real beef with rising lightweight contender James Vick

Gaethje went off on Vick in a recent interview with MMAjunkie, veering off topic to share his thoughts on the towering Texan.

“I’m very thankful for this opportunity [to fight Poirier],” he said. “I could be fighting some turd like James Vick—fucking crybaby that never shuts up.”

Gaethje then elaborated on his beef with Vick, explaining that it all stems from Vick’s previous comments about him.

“That dude needs to get slapped,” the former WSOF champion said. “He called me a bitch on the Internet, so when I do see him, I’m going to slap the fuck out of him. I am not happy with him.

“It’s like seeing a little kid that just won’t shut up because their parents won’t spank him. It gets old.”

ames Vick is currently one of the fastest rising contenders in the UFC lightweight division, having won nine of his last ten bouts. The Texan recently cemented his place as a top-15 talent with a unanimous decision defeat of dangerous Brazilian Francisco Trinaldo.

Gaethje, meanwhile, enters his bout with Poirier having recently lost for the first time as a pro. This loss was dealt by former Bellator and UFC lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez, who turned him off with a third-round knee. This loss was preceded by a flawless, 18-0 start to his professional career.

lol^

Well that fucking sucks shit

rMar89 -

White has to go

Shut up. You have to go. 

Al is gone from the UFC within 12 months.

Real Muthaphuckkin G -
rMar89 -

White has to go

Shut up. You have to go. 

So does Dana he is literal human waste

I assume it’s not an injury, so Iaquinta has zero fucks, but when you agree to something, you should be a man of your word. 

My money is on a promotional duty as the reason, or something like that. Al going hard on negotiations. He doesn’t impress me much, but I worry most how this will affect Matt, the Terror, Serra’s VIP status with BLAF. 

Would love to see Cowboy make the move back down and take the fight. Even if they ask agree to a catchweight that would be a great fight. 

shaqitup -
Real Muthaphuckkin G -
rMar89 -

White has to go

Shut up. You have to go. 

So does Dana he is literal human waste

Okay bro. 

Real Muthaphuckkin G -
rMar89 -

White has to go

Shut up. You have to go. 

You like him? He sucks, he did great but he's hurting the ufc now. 

Saltine American - 

I assume it’s not an injury, so Iaquinta has zero fucks, but when you agree to something, you should be a man of your word. 

My money is on a promotional duty as the reason, or something like that. Al going hard on negotiations. He doesn’t impress me much, but I worry most how this will affect Matt, the Terror, Serra’s VIP status with BLAF. 

This probably has to do with the morning weigh ins that Iaquinta contractually agreed to and White said they were going to get rid of. So in terms of who was upholding their word, it wasn’t White.

Well this sucks. Didn’t Al say on Ariel’s show that they renegotiated his contract? Guess that was still ongoing…

I won't hate on Al if this is over the weight cut issue. He spoke out against the recent UFC decision to eliminate the early weight cut, saying it was worse for fighters' health. If he had some back and forth with the company and couldn't get any satisfaction and finally said, "Fuck it," then he's within his rights, IMO.  

RKing85 - Al is gone from the UFC within 12 months.

I suspect either Dana cuts him quickly or just doesn’t give him another fight.

Al just scared to get beat up

Saltine American -

You side with management over labor. Cool, bro.