IBJJF and Steroids

I haven't seen a tread about it and I really wonder why the IBJJF does not even ask for a simple test from all Black Belt Champions?

I am not saying it would stop all doping but it would make the point that Carlos Gracie Jr. and the IBJJF does not stand for it and probably would help BJJ to gain a little more respectability when it is showcased in the next Olympics.

It would be a lot better than the current state where they are silently tolerating the obvious don't you think?

I don't think its against their rule book. Phone Post

instead of testing for PED's the IBJJF spent their money on very nice jackets and ties for the judges...just saying.

HolyAvengerP5 - 
Don Whitefield - I haven't seen a tread about it and I really wonder why the IBJJF does not even ask for a simple test from all Black Belt Champions?

I am not saying it would stop all doping but it would make the point that Carlos Gracie Jr. and the IBJJF does not stand for it and probably would help BJJ to gain a little more respectability when it is showcased in the next Olympics.

It would be a lot better than the current state where they are silently tolerating the obvious don't you think?

yeah, this fucking thread has never been made a 100o times.

so, you want to test the guy who wins the BB gold?

if he fails, what happens?

does the 2nd place guy get the gold now? was the 2nd place guy tested?

please, think stuff out before posting the same shit thread that has been made a 1000 times.

Wow, sorry for not checking every week. I haven't seen a tread regarding it. Of course the second choice could have been to simply ignore it...

I didn't claim to have all the answers but I guess the Runner-up would win providing that he passes the test next.

It may not be prevent all doping but would close the obvious loopholes. Besides at this point anything but just pretending it doesn't happen will help built credibility and at least let competitors know where you stand as an organization.

IBJJF refs on crack is a bigger issue than the athletes on steroids imo.

I think when it comes to the Olympics and the perception of the general public steroids and their rampant use are a big problem.

I think that too many people try to argue the issue away on details but it's kinda like condom use. Sure there are risks and drawbacks but it's still a lot better than nothing...

I remember reading "Everyone up on that podium [at the Olympics] is on GH." from Rhadi Ferguson. In context, it wasn't out of spite or jealousy or anything, he practically admitted doing some form of PEDs himself.

Even if BJJ gets into the Olympics or starts testing, athletes aren't going to stop using PEDs, they're just going to use them smarter.

And now onto the next question: the basket of good reasons why we should NEVER let BJJ get into the olympics.

double post

I am sure that this is not correct since I know several top BJJ World Competitors including one Black Belt World Champion that categorically decline to take any PED's. Considering the training methods, nutrition and supplements available, they don't feel that they have to.

I do agree that many Olympics athlete's are probably using PED's despite the IOC testing for them. But are you saying that the Olympic Committee should not bother testing anymore and just allow anyone to use whatever they want?

That is exactly what the IBJJF is doing right now. They are not even asking for the most basic test giving their silent consent to rampant PED use.

PED testing would cut too deeply into profits.

Black Belts Champions Only to start? That wouldn't be bad. A basic test only runs $100-150 each and they probably negotiate a deal easily.

I agree with op. they need to start testing. Phone Post

El Refe - 

I don't think its against their rule book. Phone Post

This.. If its not in the rule book then its not against the rules...If thats the case then shouldnt step 1 be make it against the rules and 2 testing

I can see them doing this if you have to qualify to get into an ibjjf event, but it's open to anyone. The testing is going to drive people away, and they won't make as much money.

Lol at excuses for keeping the sport dirty Phone Post

And if its not cheating cause its not in the rule book then why are most people hush hush about it Phone Post

Don Whitefield - Black Belts Champions Only to start? That wouldn't be bad. A basic test only runs $100-150 each and they probably negotiate a deal easily.

Thats a really good idea.

I was under the impression that "testing" implied that all competitors would be tested and thought it just wouldn't be worth the cost when there are yet ways for competitors to avoid detection.

This is a good compromise.

In Phone Post

bgup619 -
El Refe -  I don't think its against their rule book. Phone Post

This.. If its not in the rule book then its not against the rules...If thats the case then shouldnt step 1 be make it against the rules and 2 testing

I would like to see them start testing, and not random testing, everyone at a certain point, like quarter finals black belt adult, you simply can't test 3000+ guys.

But until its in the rules, it isn't ibjjfs job to test.
No one there competing gets payed for it, its still an amateur sport. Phone Post

Don Whitefield - I haven't seen a tread about it and I really wonder why the IBJJF does not even ask for a simple test from all Black Belt Champions?

lol bjj is not being showcased at the next Olympics, what have you been smoking? They are not adding any more sports to the games, they are actually trying to eliminate. And any demo sports that are added are always decided 4 years before the next one and bjj def is not on the list for the Rio games.