IBJJF introducing medical tests for competitors?

Signs of things to come?

http://ibjjf.org/championship/paris-international-open/

Attention:
All athletes registered for this tournament must have specific medical tests and a doctor’s certification, dated less than one year before the date of the competition, indicating the absence of any medical objections to taking part in a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu tournament.

Phone Post 3.0

Why don't they just make you turn your head and cough when they check your gi? Phone Post 3.0

May be a local requirement for athletic competition.

Tyler Bishop - May be a local requirement for athletic competition.

Yeah. I don't see the financial benefit to IBJJF on this one, so not sure why they would implement this for all of their events.

Liability issue probably Phone Post 3.0

You have to be kidding  that would not be beneficial to the bottom line and more important who the hell wants to

give there medical records to the ibjjf the vast marjority of people that compete are just weekend warriors I could

see if your a top level athlete but if that is the direction they are going people with vote with there wallets and

other tournaments will spring up

This happens for high school athletes around the country. The doctors are used to this. It's just a basic blood pressure test and a stethoscope to the chest , as well as feeling for hernias and bone breaks. Many doctors will do it for 50 bucks.

I don't think adults should have to do it but I see why they would from a liability perspective

They are trying to get more and more professional. Makes sense Phone Post 3.0

It's not an IBJJF requirement, it's a French regulation. Sport is highly regulated there, but basically all you need is a letter from a doctor confirming thatthere is no medical reason you should not take part in the competition.

The Naga comp in Paris didn't have this Phone Post 3.0