ibuprofen: b4 or after practice?

the fish oils youll find at Kmart/Walmart and stuff gave me crazy fish burps.

switched over to a bit more expensive nordic stuff and no fish burps.

If ibuprofen makes your back feel better, then your back is hurting due to inflammation. Inflammation of any kind is very bad for the body, which makes ibuprofen good.

I take it everyday. It's not hard on the stomach, that would be aspirin. Even so, most tablets are coated these days so your stomach lining never comes in contact with it anyways.

The thing that large amounts of ibuprofen is hard on is your liver. The way I look at it is, I don't drink very often anymore, nor do anything that's particularly stressful on my liver, so it should be able to handle a daily dose off ibuprofen no problem. On top of that, I take milk thistle every day as a liver tonic anyways, so it should more than balance out.

Besides. My liver is a moke, it can take it. It laughs at ibuprofen...and my back looooves it.

I had a doctor prescribe 800-1200mg every eight hours everyday, from now until forever. I said, "Are you sure? That sounds like a hefty load for my liver." He gave me one of those looks like, "Dude, don't be one of those pussies who believes all the hysteria in magazines. I wouldn't steer you wrong."

So as it is, I just take 800mg just once a day, which should be well within the safety margins no matter how you look at it.

Speaking of fish oil, I was having CRAZY fish burps at practice this week...poor Mark.

lol. just ran the woods and biked the hills. looks like i'm gonna need more ibuprofen. :(

Fuck yeah. Think of it this way...it's a trade-off. A little work for your liver vs the benefits of reducing inflammation. Chronic long-term inflammation has been linked to all kinds of diseases all the way up to cancer.

bring on the advil!!!

btw, as far as the before vs after thing, I think in general, people take it after to relief general post-workout inflammation. But if you're like me and have a chronic problem that you already know is aggravated by and during training, then taking it right before is good.

This is what I've tried recently, and my usual low back pain after class just doesn't get a chance to show up now. That shit is hitting my bloodstream as I'm training and keeping shit relaxed and not letting it swell in the first place.

This is my theory anyway.

swift next time you copy me you goin catch cracks brah, and den some boto in da okole

I am worried about taking that stuff no matter if a doc says that. Viox (sp?) was ok a few years back. Get a lot of sleep, soak in a hot tub, eat good, and listen to your body. By the time you figure out that it is bad for you, it may be too late.

Viox was new and via prescription only though. Ibuprofen has been around and over the counter forever.

True that, but still non-natural IMO.

ibuprofen is has ben around forever and is an inhibitor of cox 1 and cox 2 pathways, VIOX was a selective cox 2 inhibitor. cox 2 specific inhibitors dont have the same gastric irritaion but have increased prothrobic proporties which can lead to strokes or myocardial infarctions(bad shit to da heart).

that is why all slective cox 2 inhibitors have been pulled from the market except for celebrex which is a 1st generation and relatively weak selective cox2 inhibitor.

wutang is a stupid mahu, nsaids dont thin your blood they just inhibit coagulation of platelets. one more false remark from him and hes catching cracks in the boto

if it weren't for vioxx, i would drowned myself when i had teh c5/6 pinched nerve and all that fuckin atrophy through my left arm. vioxx 50mg FTW!

Dude, Vioxx fucken ROCKED. And you only needed one pill a day!

Damn ambulance chasing lawyers.

totally. saved my life.

Fuck natural........VIOXX FTW!!!!!I miss that shit.

As for Ibuprofin, people think I'm nuts when I whack down 800-1600 during the course of a day if I'm fubared. Fukin standard solution issued by mil docs like candy.