ICE: International students must leave..

Brockback Mountain -

I am usually pro ICE, but there seems like more pressing shit like rapists and cartel members.

the democrats protect those immigrants

1 Like

JohnanthanDoe -

Why does this guy say "this is bad"?

Who gives a fuck?  If you don't need to be here for school, then you need to go home because that was the reason you were allowed to stay.  It makes perfect sense, and there is no universe where it is "bad" unless you are here for other reasons besides school.  So it's "bad" for people who are abusing our visa system.  Is this guy concerned about losing Democrat voters?

True dat.

At least they’re not being locked in cages. 

1 Like

Jaqen H'ghar -

You mean DHS. ICE does not make these rules, nor would they enforce them at the border or ports of entry.

The link in the OP is the ICE website. Regardless, you seem mistakenly under the impression that ICE only operates at the border and ports of entry, which is false. 

choadler -
JohnanthanDoe -

Why does this guy say "this is bad"?

Who gives a fuck?  If you don't need to be here for school, then you need to go home because that was the reason you were allowed to stay.  It makes perfect sense, and there is no universe where it is "bad" unless you are here for other reasons besides school.  So it's "bad" for people who are abusing our visa system.  Is this guy concerned about losing Democrat voters?

True dat.

He says it's bad because he's an immigration lawyer that gets rich pumping foreigners into our country's educational and economic systems.

Not sure why we'd do this. I want every foreign-born college student enrolled in a STEM/finance program to stay here as long as possible and to plant roots in the US. Don't send the Chinese advanced math student with a perfect SAT score back to China. We need to keep that guy or girl (just kidding, it's a guy).

4 Likes

They can attend virtual from their own countries.

1 Like

Isn't it in the best interests to try to keep the best and brightest. If that means keeping bgraduating uni students from other countries, then why make it harder for them to stay. What happens if part of their course involves vocational training on nsite at a local business? Hard to do that online. Lots of students do extra curricular work that is part of their degree, whether it's research or freelance, vwhatever.

The whole idea of kicking intl students out seems ill thought out. Ask yourself, would you rather keep graduating intl students or take in economic refugees? One has a higher net benefit to a country

1 Like

Sort891 -

I teach at a Uni, and had to go online last spring. This fall, if a has 50+ students, it must be taught online.  We are encouraged to teach asynchronous, so that the students can access the lecture and material at their convenience, instead of a scheduled meeting.

Congratulations on your new career as a youtuber. ;)

walbjj -

Isn't it in the best interests to try to keep the best and brightest. If that means keeping bgraduating uni students from other countries, then why make it harder for them to stay. What happens if part of their course involves vocational training on nsite at a local business? Hard to do that online. Lots of students do extra curricular work that is part of their degree, whether it's research or freelance, vwhatever.

The whole idea of kicking intl students out seems ill thought out. Ask yourself, would you rather keep graduating intl students or take in economic refugees? One has a higher net benefit to a country

Their visas don't allow them to stay once they've graduated, so there's no real connection that I can see.  If there was some commitment to stay in the US and work or emigrate, then I would see your point, but it's not the case. 

The Mat Pimp -
walbjj -

Their visas don't allow them to stay once they've graduated, so there's no real connection that I can see.  If there was some commitment to stay in the US and work or emigrate, then I would see your point, but it's not the case. 

In Australia, graduating students have the option of going home, continuing study, apply for a working visa, or if they have done a degree that is on the "desired occupations" list (medical, accountancy, nursing, bengineering, etc) them they can apply for temporary residency which leads to a pathway to permanent and then citizenship. They have plenty of time to apply

Either way, I prefer a country to prioritise immigration based on these criteria-skills, etc, over refugee. But I do see the need for humanitarian intake 

PAX -

Different time zones will be a hindrance.  

Any online course I've ever taken did not have live at structured times that you HAD to attend. You could but generally speaking they could be opened at any time

Smilin like Rashad -
FingerorMoon -

Seems insane to me.

I get it maybe for new students just starting but if students are already here and studying, why make them go home?

Are international students a problem in some way?  I don’t think there is an issue with Harvard refugee gangs.

Uhhhhh....maybe because they can attend online in their country of origin? Maybe?

And besides...why would a foreigner want to stay in this rotten to the core...disease ridden racist country anyway?

Yeah sure, but why go to the trouble of removing them if they’re already here on temporary visas and aren’t causing any sort of problem. Who gives a shit if they’re studying from their rented apartment close to whatever campus they should be on. I didn’t think immigration and law enforcement were so ahead of the curve and flush with resources that this is an issue they’d find important to focus on.

gtownhoya -

Not sure why we'd do this. I want every foreign-born college student enrolled in a STEM/finance program to stay here as long as possible and to plant roots in the US. Don't send the Chinese advanced math student with a perfect SAT score back to China. We need to keep that guy or girl (just kidding, it's a guy).

For those wondering that we should be keeping foreign students here... it has been speculated that it is a political ploy by Trump, who WANTS schools to be open and back in business (i.e. mentioned in recent speeches). Whether this ploy works in forcing opening of schools or not  is up in the air, but having schools back open gives the impression that country is operating at near 100% and that Trump restored normalcy. Having things closed down, employment down, etc works in Democrats favor and helps them push their political narrative.

Jaqen H'ghar -

You mean DHS. ICE does not make these rules, nor would they enforce them at the border or ports of entry.

actually according to the Twitter user (who is a lawyer), ICE does set the rules and regulations for student visas.

What if they don't have internet in my mud village.

JiuJitsuHeyZeus -

Well then you should give them internet. And houses built of something other than mud.

Cheap bastard.

FingerorMoon -
JiuJitsuHeyZeus -

Well then you should give them internet. And houses built of something other than mud.

Cheap bastard.

I'm trying I'm trying! I'm going to school for architecture! But I don't think I'll be able to continue since we're still on dial up in Bangladesh.