Ideas to motivate training partners

I go to smaller school and enjoy it greatly. Good attitudes fun/tough rolls. Not many high level belts 1 purple, 8 or 9 blues including myself, and 10 or so whites. The problem I am currently having is no one shows up for open mats( if I am lucky its myself and one other person), and no one ever wants to come in for extra training. Any ideas to motivate people to come train? Thanks Phone Post 3.0

"Do you wanna be a fucking fighter?" Phone Post 3.0

Wow, do we go to the same school! Lol we are having a hard time with people coming for open mat as well. And our open mats are more geared for no gi. So we have maybe two people and myself show up for open mat. Since I'm one of the more experienced guys I always play bull in the ring. Sometimes I'll roll for 30 minutes straight and it helps me tremendously. If you lack the training partners try to change up the training to benefit the few that are there. Drill takedowns back and forth until you want to puke. Drill guard passes. Drill back takes. Or free roll with specific goals like only play bottom game, or do not let them pass your guard no matter what. Hope this helps. Phone Post 3.0

DGC - I go to smaller school and enjoy it greatly. Good attitudes fun/tough rolls. Not many high level belts 1 purple, 8 or 9 blues including myself, and 10 or so whites. The problem I am currently having is no one shows up for open mats( if I am lucky its myself and one other person), and no one ever wants to come in for extra training. Any ideas to motivate people to come train? Thanks Phone Post 3.0
Why do these people need extra training? Phone Post 3.0

Eel -
DGC - I go to smaller school and enjoy it greatly. Good attitudes fun/tough rolls. Not many high level belts 1 purple, 8 or 9 blues including myself, and 10 or so whites. The problem I am currently having is no one shows up for open mats( if I am lucky its myself and one other person), and no one ever wants to come in for extra training. Any ideas to motivate people to come train? Thanks Phone Post 3.0
Why do these people need extra training? Phone Post 3.0
Cause they can? Most don't even make two days a week. They will tell me they want to train extra but never follow through. Phone Post 3.0

Find a drilling partner who will show up on that day and you can drill with. Soon you'll start kicking all their asses and theyll wonder why they're not getting better. Then you can explain it's because you go to the open mat. Phone Post 3.0

CUO is right.

our dojo allows open mat whenever there isn't class.

at times i'll have the judo guys and bjj guys all cross train that day. we bring out crash pads.

if there's enough folks, we have a few rolls going while the other group is going through reps and reps of crash pad throws. timer goes off, 1min break, switch.... now you roll.

what works for guys is your marketing as well. take out your phone, video tape the action and post to your team's facebook page. that motivates people when they see their training partners putting in work.

if comps coming up, show that extra hard training in short vid clips. get creative and have someone tech savvy edit the vids and make short clips w/ music.

men are retarded in that we're visual. if you just talk about meeting up, it doesn't mean shit.

We always drill a few moves, then do some specific rounds, followed by regular rolling. I really like the filming idea! Thanks to all who replied. Phone Post 3.0