Identify this chainsaw (vid)

Looking for a good chainsaw to scare the neighborhood kids who are trick or treating. I would obviously take the chain off so no danger to anyone. Love the sound and look of this chainsaw. Thinking it must be electric (maybe) or something as I don’t see any exhaust or anything like that and I don’t think it’s a prop as you can see him rip start it a few times. I know this is a weird request but someone identify this chainsaw. 

https://youtu.be/46NYu9mQmPc

Prob a huskavarna, maybe a stihl. Just get an echo. Loud and cheap and very useful tool.

If you want a big fuckin blade like that then get the stihl but it will be $$$$$ plus you may not get a lot of use from a blade that big unless you wanna cut some big fucking oak trees.

Why are these people screaming over an actor in bright light that they can clearly see standing there?

1 Like

Not Stihl. They are gray with orange trim. Husqvarna is all orange.

Stihl makes a great saw. I bought a 271 “Farm Boss” earlier this year. While it is more than I will ever need, I actually wish that I bought a 261 (full pro saw).

While larger than what most homeowners saws come with, the bar in the saw above is not all that large. Appears to be 20" at most.

Stihl bars go up to 59".

Also, if you do buy it for anything more than a prop, get the Stihl 9 layer chaps with it.

While most people think that kickback is the main danger from chainsaws, it is not. Cutting your legs is #1.

1 Like
Nitecrawler - 

Looking for a good chainsaw to scare the neighborhood kids who are trick or treating. I would obviously take the chain off so no danger to anyone. Love the sound and look of this chainsaw. Thinking it must be electric (maybe) or something as I don’t see any exhaust or anything like that and I don’t think it’s a prop as you can see him rip start it a few times. I know this is a weird request but someone identify this chainsaw. 

https://youtu.be/46NYu9mQmPc

Husqvarna, not electric as that wouldn’t make any noise, he just leaves it running on idol and revs it up when people are coming out.

Plus the dumbass still has the chain on , which is safe so long as the chain brake is on, but why.

![](upload://hY79nxhaTe5i0hGrIjvlFsek5Tw.jpeg)

dont leave it on idle

1 Like

Why would you buy a pro saw just to scare kids?

Gforce - Not Stihl. They are gray with orange trim. Husqvarna is all orange.

Stihl makes a great saw. I bought a 271 “Farm Boss” earlier this year. While it is more than I will ever need, I actually wish that I bought a 261 (full pro saw).

While larger than what most homeowners saws come with, the bar in the saw above is not all that large. Appears to be 20" at most.

Stihl bars go up to 59".

Also, if you do buy it for anything more than a prop, get the Stihl 9 layer chaps with it.

While most people think that kickback is the main danger from chainsaws, it is not. Cutting your legs is #1.

Depending on how much you use it the farm series is okay.

I got hooked on the magnum series and can't go back. Love my ms460 with and original oregon 32 inch bar. I have a few different bars include the carving bar but I find the 32 is perfect for general use.

Dolmar pro saw short bar looking thing

Shugum - 

Why would you buy a pro saw just to scare kids?

chain isn’t moving

not even sure it has any exhaust

He/they bought a prop saw

I used to be on the saw at a top haunt some years ago. Any gas powered saw should do the trick if you just want the sound.

Husqvarna it is. I love mine.

Yeah, that’s a Husquevarna.  Good saw but pales in comparison to a Stihl.

1 Like

Sounds like a lawn air blower thing.  Just take off the front hose part and put a fake blade.  The wind blowing out with the sound will scare them.

Gforce - Not Stihl. They are gray with orange trim. Husqvarna is all orange.

Stihl bars go up to 59".

I have the farm boss. It’s a good saw but I agree with you on the size.

A guy that used to work for me used to work, and now does again, way up in maine at a saw mill. He swears by a brand called Jonsered., I think the big 3 are Jonsered, Stihl, and Husq.

It is a gas powered chainsaw. There is exhaust. But it looks like he is in a fenced area that is open to the outside. It’s making that noise in some of the shots. And some of the shots that noise has been added in after in editing.

It might be a Husqvarna. It could be an older saw. Because I don’t see a chain break leaver. Unless it was taken off. Instead of taking off the chain they probably just took the clutch and drive socket off. That way there’s no risk of the chain moving.

It looks good with the chain on.

But if you just take the chain off. You are able to swipe at them and even touch them with the bar. And scare the hell out of them.

It looks good having the chain on. But the chain is still sharp would snag on their clothes. And slightly scrape and cut skin.Even When not moving

That saw in the video I think it has a 20 inch bar. And it’s probably around a 50cc engine. It doesn’t really matter the size of engine if you’re just using it to scare someone. But around a 42cc engine and larger makes for a nice size chainsaw. Similar to the one he has. The higher CC of engine the bigger the Saw will be. Just stands out more in better for scaring.

I mentioned the bar looks like it’s a 20in. I would say you don’t want anything shorter than an 18 in bar. And if you can go with a 24 inch bar. The longer the better.

Not sure if you have the Princess Auto in your area. But you can buy really cheap saws that have been refurbished. And if you really don’t want to spend the money. You can take it back a couple days later just tell them you don’t like the way it starts or something. They take everything back. You could probably do the same thing with any big store. Cuz you will have zero scratches on it. And they will see it hasn’t been used for cutting wood.

Husqvarna is good cuz because it is orange. But there are a ton of bright colours. Cheap cheap brands that have bright colours. You want something bright that stands out. And again just take the chain off. Nobody even has time to notice that the chain isn’t on. They hear it screaming at Max RPM while you lunge at them and you can swipe the bar at them. It’s awesome I’ll have to write a post of one year that I did it.

Years ago one Halloween it started by just scaring some kids that were coming to my parents house. Then I was at a Halloween party in a bar at a small town actually got the saw inside and started it up caused Mayhem.

Ended with police almost pulling their guns on me at the end of the night LOL

If you have any other questions you can just shoot me a message Nightcrawler. I think you helped me out years and years ago posting some dirty pics or vids of something :slight_smile:

There will be no trick or treaters this year so go around the neighborhood and cut up shit

1 Like