Idiots talking about females in MMA...

I was down by a local gym recently, this is gym that has a small room where I believe they offer a bjj class but for the most part this gym is weight lifters etc.

I was distributing some posters when I hear two large guys (obviously spend a lot of time in the gym) discussing female MMA, specifically Gina vs. Cyborg. I assume by the way they were talking they haven't seen the fight or ever seen Cyborg fight. It was hilarious hearing these 2 guys who most likely do not train talking about how they think female mma is a joke and how they could easily beat Cyborg or Gina.

It is crazy how foolish some people can be...

We (Tuff-N-Uff) are first and foremost fans of the sport and have been for a long time. We have always tried to put the women on our cards to display their talkent and have had 1 all female card. It is sad to think how there are some people out there still who obviously know a little about mma, watch it, but still think this way.

I think Cyborg could beat a lot of men w/not much problem and these girls should get the respect they deserve.

They probably post here...

TUFF-N-UFF - 

I was distributing some posters when I hear two large guys (obviously spend a lot of time in the gym) discussing female MMA, specifically Gina vs. Cyborg. I assume by the way they were talking they haven't seen the fight or ever seen Cyborg fight. It was hilarious hearing these 2 guys who most likely do not train talking about how they think female mma is a joke and how they could easily beat Cyborg or Gina.

I'd bet on the male bodybuilder. 

Unless he's particularly susceptible to sloppy boxing or failed throw attempts, that is.

TS, does it bother you that much? Who cares what they think. You're right Cris and Gina could probably beat most guys asses here. They also think they can beat Faber and Mike Brown too.

lol i had this same conversation with my buds and we all came to the conclusion that both cyborg and gina would prolly kick our asses and we were not afraid to admit it. im 6 ft 230 and 1 of my buds is 6'2 like 300 big boy and we are 100 percent sure they destroy us. oh well it would be fun to get pounded by them i supposed!1

LOL @ YOU DISTRIBUTING POSTERS

GO GITCHA SHINEBOX!

i would agree that they would beat most guys their own weight, but once you start adding a weight advantage it becomes less and less of a "sure thing" when they can be overpowered.

The WNBA thought they were going to rock the house too.

It's not an uphill battle, it's just not going to happen.

XFL, Arena football, WNBA, WMMA. just not going to work.

Sweet Daddy Bear - WMMA, remains to be seen. Carano/Cyborg proved that women CAN headline and get asses in the seats,
Was it Carano and Cyborg or just Carano that put the asses in the seat? I bet that Gina will still out sell more tickets in her next fight than Cyborg. Losing didn't hurt Gina in anyway, and the commentators made it pretty clear that Gina wasn't the favorite heading into the fight. Sad truth.

the only reason that gina/cyborg was even noticed, or any gina fight for that matter, was because she was hot.

So it boils right back down to sex appeal, and had nothing to do with the fighting aspect of it.

Also, Sweet Daddy Bear, I mis spoke. i meant the USFL, not arena

Fenix - 
Sweet Daddy Bear - WMMA, remains to be seen. Carano/Cyborg proved that women CAN headline and get asses in the seats,
Was it Carano and Cyborg or just Carano that put the asses in the seat? I bet that Gina will still out sell more tickets in her next fight than Cyborg. Losing didn't hurt Gina in anyway, and the commentators made it pretty clear that Gina wasn't the favorite heading into the fight. Sad truth.

I am with you on this one. Carano will get more seats and viewers against a nobody than. Cyborg vs. big name fighter defending the belt.

Sweet Daddy Bear - I really don't believe there's a woman on the planet who could beat me up. Bodybuilders, Cyborgs, what have you, there's just something in my brain that doesn't think it's possible.

I agree. That being said, I enjoy womens MMA. There are some great woman fighters, and I find most of the fights exciting and entertaining. Womans MMA deserves more respect than it gets. Give em a boost, they deserve it.

Tara Larosa beats Cyborg. Heck, she beats a lot of good guy grapplers.

But there's a lot to be said about an enormous weight advantage. Esp. if Cyborg pulls them directly on top of her.

"
im 6 ft 230 and 1 of my buds is 6'2 like 300 big boy and we are 100 percent sure they destroy us
"

you guys must be piss weak lol

inf0 - The fact that they were even talking about Women's MMA is the most important thing.

Besides, what guy at a gym is going to say to his buddy, Gee I think that purdy lady could up and kick my ass, Billy..... !?!?!

^^^

Gotta keep your audience in mind. It's somehow necessary for some of us guys to pretend like we are tougher than we really are. I would also keep in mind that there's a reason that nature chose women to bear childbirth: most of us men couldn't endure that much pain.

No doubt they'd beat my ass, but it's still not interesting to watch them fight. But that's just my opinion.

TUFF-N-UFF -  It was hilarious hearing these 2 guys who most likely do not train

Just enjoy it. I do every time I watch UFC at the sports bar.

Arm bar/kimura him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inaction Jackson - No doubt they'd beat my ass, but it's still not interesting to watch them fight. But that's just my opinion.

Weird. I think the exact opposite. I enjoy watching skilled women fight, though I doubt any of the top women fighters could beat a large, fairly athletic man.

I could probably KO the world's best 115-pound boxer, too, but I'd much rather watch him fight.

I think women fighting for sport is a sign of degeneracy in our culture. And I would say that even if all the women fighters could beat me.