If Aldo, Bendo, GSP, or JDS were in Jones' shoes..

If any of the current champs Cruz, Aldo, Bendo, GSP, or JDS were in Jones' shoes, do you think they'd take the fight?

I honestly would be surprised if any of them would take it if they faced the same situation.

GSP is the only one that maaaaaaay pull out but I doubt it.

Cruz isnt a bitch

Aldo is a monster

Bendo is a warrior like a motherfucker

JDS is a beast that is far too nice to tell dana NO

Yes...RT  would you ever turn down a fight like Jon did?!

Damn...I was wrong about Bendo

Look, he had a full training camp and was going to fight a 185 pounder who is a bigger draw than his original opponent and is also an easier fight for him.

There is no real logical excuse here other than his own fame is getting to his head.

Ensanity - Damn...I was wrong about Bendo

Don't worry, Nate won't turn down fights. Phone Post

daba - If any of the current champs Cruz, Aldo, Bendo, GSP, or JDS were in Jones' shoes, do you think they'd take the fight?

I honestly would be surprised if any of them would take it if they faced the same situation.

You mean take a fight with a guy from a lower weight class who recently got his ass kicked, isn't in fighting shape and they would have just finished a 90 day camp? No way they accept lmao

JJ had absolutely nothing to gain by facing a guy moving up who just got beat up in his last fight. Unless he killed Chael in 10 seconds he would look bad.

Zuffa fucked up big time with an awful card built around one fight and no plan B once the injury bug struck once again.

Tardiolli - JJ had absolutely nothing to gain by facing a guy moving up who just got beat up in his last fight. Unless he killed Chael in 10 seconds he would look bad.

Zuffa fucked up big time with an awful card built around one fight and no plan B once the injury bug struck once again.

An easy 7 figure pay day is nothing to gain?

LOL @ you.

Tardiolli - JJ had absolutely nothing to gain by facing a guy moving up who just got beat up in his last fight. Unless he killed Chael in 10 seconds he would look bad.

Maybe he had nothing to gain but he lost a lot by turning the fight down. His career earnings probably drop 50 percent based on 1 dumb ass move. No way the UFC pays him what he is truly worth, they have a monopoly on MMA and they will exercise their power come contract time.

fighting a guy with no training camp and who fights in a lower weight class should be a no brainer and an easy paycheck.

The problem shouldnt of been on Jones end... the problem should of been finding a guy willing to fight a fully trained Jon Jones on 8 days notice.

I hope Nate beats the crap out of bendo.

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - 
daba - If any of the current champs Cruz, Aldo, Bendo, GSP, or JDS were in Jones' shoes, do you think they'd take the fight?

You mean take a fight with a guy from a lower weight class who recently got his ass kicked, isn't in fighting shape and they would have just finished a 90 day camp? No way they accept lmao

he'd be fighting at 205 and not 185 so that lower weight class stuff seems a bit ridiculous to bring up. he's also a southpaw which seems like a pretty big change to train for on top of things.

I think a lot of you guys are getting blinded by your hatred of Jones and cult like love of Dana.

I bet if you ask any of those guys and they answer truthfully that most of them would do the same.

It's nonsense to say he's fighting a 185er because Chael was going to come in at fight at 205. He's not a small 205 either. And what about the fact that Chael is a southpaw. They've been prepping for an orthodox guy known with a monster right hand and now they're going to spend 8 days to fight a southpaw?

It's 2012 and the sport is a lot different now. It's not just about showing up and fighting as great as that sounds. It's a science from the weight cutting to the training camp that leads up to a fight.

It's not Jones fault that Zuffa had no contingency plan. If nothing else they should've had a clause that would have him fight a replacement or face a stiff penalty.

We would never know until it happened asking a fighter something now means nothing when he is good friends with Jon Jones

Genius...when you're already the undisputed champ of your division and have already beaten all of the best guys in it...you have "nothing to gain" from ANYONE you fight other than more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ which Jones himself has been running his mouth for weeks declaring it is his prime motivation and factor for who he wants to fight.

MMALOGIC -  fighting a guy with no training camp and who fights in a lower weight class should be a no brainer and an easy paycheck.

The problem shouldnt of been on Jones end... the problem should of been finding a guy willing to fight a fully trained Jon Jones on 8 days notice.

Ansari -

Yes...RT  would you ever turn down a fight like Jon did?!

well well well that's odd another champ said he would do the same Phone Post

slamming - 

LOL @ you.

Jones doesn't need Chael to make money. How many PPVs did Chael sell against Bisping again?

Tardiolli - 
slamming - 

LOL @ you.

Jones doesn't need Chael to make money. How many PPVs did Chael sell against Bisping again?

That would be 0.0, stupid.