if and when Fedor vs Overeem happens...

...in SF, would you buy it as a PPV?

...how many PPV buys do you think it would it generate?

...and would it generate enough income to keep SF afloat another 18-24 months?

ItalianRottie - they do a 24/7 job on it and air it on cbs. it could be HUGE.

as tough as things are for them, i think its interesting that Rogers vs Overeem generated almost 500,000 viewers on premium cable. and that happened basically without any ad campaign whatsoever.

Thunderlips The Ultimate Male - Streams are really hurting the PPV industry, still think it would do a very good number though.

no way man

if you got friends you're gonna buy it or go out to the bar, nobody gonna huddle around a little monitor watching a crappy stream

you really think somebody who has no one to split it with is going to pay 45 bux, whether or not they can watch a stream?

doesn't cost them a cent. though i'm sure anytime the PPV industry does poorly, they'll try to blame their failures on streams

It's going to be great.

Thunderlips The Ultimate Male - I would like to see them give Overeem one more guy to smash in the U.S. Maybe have Fedor crush someone on the same card as well, slight risk but perfect for promoting the fight between them.

You want to see Fedor have three fights in Strikeforce before fighting for the title?

And Rogers/Overeem had the second worst ratings of a Strikeforce show; why would you want to keep postponing the biggest fight they can make?

Less than 100k buys. When did Fedor become a ppv draw again?

D_S_A - 
Thunderlips The Ultimate Male - Streams are really hurting the PPV industry, still think it would do a very good number though.

no way man

if you got friends you're gonna buy it or go out to the bar, nobody gonna huddle around a little monitor watching a crappy stream

you really think somebody who has no one to split it with is going to pay 45 bux, whether or not they can watch a stream?

doesn't cost them a cent. though i'm sure anytime the PPV industry does poorly, they'll try to blame their failures on streams

I actually agree.. the only time I ever used streams is when the fight was in progress and or I didnt have anyone at the moment to watch or split it with.

Nonlinear - When did Fedor become a ppv draw again?

this was the popular phrase going into and coming out of the Pride USA and Affliction events. but havent things changed since then? he's been a part of a major mainstream media and network TV campaign and was seen by 5 million+ on CBS since then.

i would guess this PPV performs about the same as an average to below-average UFC event...which would still net millions of dollars for SF.

Fuck yeah I would order it. Did any of the Overeems ever fight for Super Brawl?

D_S_A - 

no way man

With all due respect, what decade do you think this is? Diligence is usually rewarded with a near HD stream at flawless bitrates. HDMI to the flat screen and me and my friends get to spend the money on kick ass food.

Cletus Redpecker III - 
D_S_A - 

no way man

With all due respect, what decade do you think this is? Diligence is usually rewarded with a near HD stream at flawless bitrates. HDMI to the flat screen and me and my friends get to spend the money on kick ass food.

so you love a sport so much that you are willing to steal money from the fighters. you're a great fan.

UFC would counterprogram with the biggest SPIKE show ever.

No. I wouldn't watch the UFC if I had to pay for it.

billcosbiguez - 
Cletus Redpecker III - 
D_S_A - 

no way man

so you love a sport so much that you are willing to steal money from the fighters. you're a great fan.

I can't order PPV's on TV since I'm in Holland. It doesn't help that the online UFC / Strikeforce paid streams are far worse than free streams. I'm not going to shelf out 50 bucks for a youtube quality stream, when I can watch it in HD for free.

Give me some good quality streams and I'll buy them every time.

I'd pay whatever they want to see that fight. The reinging worlds greatest fighter [perhaps the best ever] vs the next generation smashing machine who has become a monster with great skills after a transformation more incredable than the Hulk went through. What fan doesn't buy this ppv? Hard to believe this is real and not a comic book fanatsy.

I wouldn't buy it, but I'd say it would do around 250,000 buys if they promote it HEAVILY.

BanTheUKmmaNoobs - I wouldn't buy it, but I'd say it would do around 250,000 buys if they promote it HEAVILY.

you really wouldn't buy it?

why?

i would think that it is THE most relevant HW fight out there right now.

PatrickFreitas - 
ItalianRottie - they do a 24/7 job on it and air it on cbs. it could be HUGE.

as tough as things are for them, i think its interesting that Rogers vs Overeem generated almost 500,000 viewers on premium cable. and that happened basically without any ad campaign whatsoever.
It was my understanding that Rogers/Overeem only did 300K and was considered a failure.  At least those are the numbers I saw already.  Did something change?

K-1 on HDNet, Strikeforce on Showtime, and Moosin on PPV! Good day for sure