If Anderson fought Machida's battles...

NarlyPersianDude - I am in no way saying the op copied from my thread, just that I agree with him, I made this exact thread, maybe over a year ago, my entire point was, Anderson is every bit as good as you think, but Lyoto is right there with him, and he is. They are essentially the same size, yet Lyoto fights a compition that is exponentially better. Sonnen, the toughest fight for Silva, would be a walk in the park for Lyoto. Sonnen would either not take Lyoto down, or would have to put a lot of effort into it, Chael is not even in the ballpark of a finisher, he could hope to only last until Lyoto tko or ko'd him. Randy and Rashad and Tito and Shogun never took Lyoto down, Chael would not, and even if he did, would not win the fight, just get to a later round and then Lyoto takes over.

Let's be real

My bad, I got the idea from seeing recent pics of Machida training with Silva. Don't mean to copy other threads Phone Post

mijo - Machida would slaughter Chael Sonnen.

Slaughter is a strong word. Chael ain't no bitch. Machida would probably win though Phone Post

Sephiroth -  lol at the Machida nuthuggers. Right Chael couldn't take Machida down but David Heath, BJ Penn, Rampage Jackson and on could? Jesus if you listen to Machida nuthuggers he has bjj like Roger Gracie, Kicks like Manhoef, takedown defense like King Mo,  and hands like Anderson.

Anderson is the absolute worst match up for Shogun in the universe. A precise striker with laser like accuracy and underrated power? Uh yeah he'd murder him. The only guy out any Ts mentioned who had a chance at beating Anderson is Rashad because of his wrestling but Chael is a better wrestler than Rashad and he failed on more attempts than he completed.

Still at this piont it's pointless to discuss this on message boards. Any of the big time popular fighters like JOnes, Anderson, Gsp and on have so many haters and so many nuthuggers that every thread about them turns in to a competition to see who can slurp the most GOAT dick and who can fighter bash the most.

I mean come on just read Skarhead and Narlys post. Really Skarhead did you just say Rampage and Randy could outwrestle Anderson because Chael did? Right so what's next Brian Stann KOs him because Chael landed a couple good shots standing? Really Narly Rampage can beat Lyoto by clinching and controlling him but the far superior grappler and wrestler Chael can't?

I do agree Rashad has the best chance at beating Silva. Rashad lost Machida due to a bad gameplan. Rashad did beat the guy that beat Machida. So before anyone says Silva would win cuz Machida beat him, MMA math never works Phone Post

SKARHEAD - Anderson Silva was absolutely 1005 HELLESS against Chael Sonnen for an entire fight...So we know guys like Rashad, Randy, and Rampage would easily outwrestle, toss, control, and rape Anderson on the ground.

Anderson Silva was also owned and dropped on the feet by Chael Sonnen...so we know Anderson has absoltely no chance on the feet agaisnt Lyoto, Shogun, or Rampage.

lol @ all of this

Let's be real

you sayin Let's be real? Jones is gonna fuckin murder machida.

Floppy Divac -  I think Shogun would have a shot at controlling Anderson and roughing him up on the ground.  I really don't see Anderson subbing him.

Those hammer fists on Forrest were scary as fuck. Phone Post

Honestly I feel for Machida. Even though Silva is better IMO, Machida is just unlucky to fight at LHW. Seriously would Anderson still be considered the greatest by some if he got mauled by Jones too Phone Post

LOL at questioning whether or not Anderson would beat a 46 year old Randy Couture. haha it would embarrassing to watch that beatdown.