If anyone didn’t believe in the death penalty yet

Saw this this morning.   Comment section said she may have been holding a baby when shot......

![](upload://7i8LTh3nBZC8TeJyrhDvNrnePIu.jpeg)

![](upload://mAuIcxMoRrPbAaXL0xDVCJ9i8h0.png)

![](upload://wUvbAbj0AgiWowON4rgFLEHR4ut.png)

Still not on board. Against it in all cases.

2 Likes

Im for it. Especially with dna testing. I'm also for it if you have 2 or more rape convictions. 

Never understood why people are against it but they are for state sponsored kidnapping and imprisonment. 

8 Likes

Against it.  The state makes mistakes.  It's too expensive.  It's immorale for the state to have the right to end a citizen's life intentionally.

3 Likes
BarkLikeADog - Still not on board. Against it in all cases.

100% supports abortion.

5 Likes
VHStapefan - 

Im for it. Especially with dna testing. I'm also for it if you have 2 or more rape convictions. 

Never understood why people are against it but they are for state sponsored kidnapping and imprisonment. 

Yep.

But I do have a problem with how it's implemented.  I think the burden of proof needs to be higher but it should also be expanded to crimes other than murder.  There are worse things a criminal can do to someone than murder them. 

2 Likes
Samoa -

Against it.  The state makes mistakes.  It's too expensive.  It's immorale for the state to have the right to end a citizen's life intentionally.

I know it's silly hypothtical, but if they caught a man murdering a family, it's on film, and the dna matches, still a no? Zero chances there was a mistake. 

“It’s immorale for the state to have the right to end a citizen’s life intentionally.”

There’s nothing immoral about it.

1 Like
Samoa - 

The justice system is too flawed to allow a punishment that cannot to undone to any degree. If that was not the case, I would be for it.

1 Like

The only argument against it that gives me pause is the wrongful convictions. Otherwise, if you committed the types of crimes that are punishable by death I am fine with you being killed by the state and your peers.

Canooke - 

The only argument against it that gives me pause is the wrongful convictions. Otherwise, if you committed the types of crimes that are punishable by death I am fine with you being killed by the state and your peers.

Many of those wrongful convictions are based on circumstantial evidence and after-the-fact eyewitness testimony, which is inherently flawed.

That's why I think the burden of proof for death penalty cases needs to be higher than it is. 

1 Like

So the other option is house and feed the person until their natural death ?

Fighting - 
Samoa -

I know it's silly hypothtical, but if they caught a man murdering a family, it's on film, and the dna matches, still a no? Zero chances there was a mistake. 

Hypotheticals are really not valuable to discuss.  The legal measurement is "beyond reasonable doubt" and the state has made mistakes again and again.  Many times INTENTIONALLY.

Samoa - 
Fighting - 
Samoa -

Hypotheticals are really not valuable to discuss.  The legal measurement is "beyond reasonable doubt" and the state has made mistakes again and again.  Many times INTENTIONALLY.

Which is why there needs to be a different standard for the death penalty. 

But it also needs to be expanded beyond just murder cases.

Canooke - 

Wrongful convictions are the most important factor.  They exist and they will continue to exist.  Some of them are intentional and willful.

RhinoHog - 

So the other option is house and feed the person until their natural death ?

You mean life in prison?  Yes.

BarkLikeADog - Still not on board. Against it in all cases.

Being a moron has disadvantages