If Bisping beat Maia by any means possible...

Then I think he deserves a title shot.

I'm not a fan, he lost me a LONG time ago right after the Hamill fight, but he has earned his keep and has taken every fight the UFC has made him take and with the exception of Hendo (  best eva ko) he has won in typical Bisping fashion.<br />

I don't like his dance+ peck + poke style. I don't like his attitude.  I don't even like his accent, and I'm still mad about the taxation without representation bullshit a couple hundred years ago, but......

He deserves his shot if he wins.

Comments?

Give him Paul Harris if he beats Maia. Winner gets the shot. Phone Post

i lol'd at the taxation without representation

but yeah should he beat Maia i think hes next in line

should he lose feed him to Paul Harris

Munoz beat maia also, if he wins would you still consider Bisping higher on contender ladder?

I agree. He's definately up there and he improved alot. Not the biggest fan, but..

If he wins impressively he gets a shot probably after Sonnel/Munoz winner.

OneGloveJimmerson - Munoz beat maia also, if he wins would you still consider Bisping higher on contender ladder?

I think that Bisping has had a much harder road to travel than Mark.

I have a gut feeling that Munoz is just waiting for the right opponent to " expose' him so to speak, like Hendo did to Mike. I think that Chael is going to do that to Mark and just like Bisping, he will be a better fighter for it, after he loses.

If you look at their collective records, Bisping has had a much tougher and longer list of opponents, dont you think?

No. Maia is awesome, but yet again Bisping is allowed to avoid a top ten opponent. You should beat at least ONE top ten opponent before getting a title shot. There are plenty of top guys for him to prove he deserves it like Belfort, Palhares winner of Sonnen vs Muñoz, Okami or heck even Brian Stann would be a fun fight.

Alistair Overstream - i lol'd at the taxation without representation

but yeah should he beat Maia i think hes next in line

should he lose feed him to Paul Harris
Glad someone got that ;)

I mean, wtf did Maia do to get his shot at ANderson SIlva? Bisping has done a LOT more in the UFC than Maia has done and he got his shot what was it...2 years ago or something?

I don't think he really has a very good chance of getting through Maia. But then again, Maia confused me in his last outing and if he comes in again looking to showcase his new standup evolution and gets outclassed the Bisping deserves the shot if he asks for it. Looser should get Paul Harris.

Can't stand the guy myself, but fair is fair. Phone Post

If he beats Maia give him a contenders bout. But make that bout against a top 3 contender not a top 25 guy. Phone Post

Dana had already stated the winner of Sonnen V Munoz gets silva and the winner of Mike and Maia gets the winner of that Phone Post

Blazing Knees -   I mean, wtf did Maia do to get his shot at ANderson SIlva? Bisping has done a LOT more in the UFC than Maia has done and he got his shot what was it...2 years ago or something?

He got it because sonnet got chewed up by marquardt s elbow and couldn't take the fight. Nobody else was available at the time. Phone Post

anderson only has so many fights left and i dont want them wasted on weak contenders like bisping. No one in their right mind thinks bisping has a chance, thats a waste of a fight.

If anderson fights chael or munoz or palhares people will actually pick anderson to lose, no one will against bisping. Rematch hendo at 205. fight shogun at 205. jon jones, sonnen rematch, munoz, palahares, BUT BUT BUT BISPING?

superCalo - 
Blazing Knees - 
OneGloveJimmerson - Munoz beat maia also, if he wins would you still consider Bisping higher on contender ladder?

I have a gut feeling that Munoz is just waiting for the right opponent to " expose' him so to speak, like Hendo did to Mike. I think that Chael is going to do that to Mark and just like Bisping, he will be a better fighter for it, after he loses.

If you look at their collective records, Bisping has had a much tougher and longer list of opponents, dont you think?

I'd have to agree with this, I think Munoz has over ahieved the one opponent where I thought he would show he was the real deal was against Okami, not being able to impose his wrestling there suprised me and just about being beaten by Kendall Grove before taking out the win also lowered his stocks somewhat, likewise he was not impressive against Maia and Maia lost that fight himself in the last two rounds without ever being in trouble.
I hope Munoz has improved on his weaknesses but I don't really see him troubling Sonnen despite having better wrestling credentials and having superior gNp, indeed Munoz's best weapon is is the huge power he generates in his gNp, something he really needs to achieve if he is to win.

I don't really see for instance Munoz troubling Bisping that much in a fight, and Munoz would be a easier matchup style wise for Anderson than Bisping, the fact is Munoz has been derailed at several points and Bisping has done more in the uFc not only in the number of wins but in terms of profile should mean he gets a fight before Munoz.

By all means if as expected Munoz loses put him against Paul Harris for the next in line to the title shot after Bisping?maia winner, that would be fair.

Correct

superCalo - 
Blazing Knees - 

I'd have to agree with this, I think Munoz has over ahieved the one opponent where I thought he would show he was the real deal was against Okami, not being able to impose his wrestling there suprised me and just about being beaten by Kendall Grove before taking out the win also lowered his stocks somewhat, likewise he was not impressive against Maia and Maia lost that fight himself in the last two rounds without ever being in trouble.
I hope Munoz has improved on his weaknesses but I don't really see him troubling Sonnen despite having better wrestling credentials and having superior gNp, indeed Munoz's best weapon is is the huge power he generates in his gNp, something he really needs to achieve if he is to win.

I don't really see for instance Munoz troubling Bisping that much in a fight, and Munoz would be a easier matchup style wise for Anderson than Bisping, the fact is Munoz has been derailed at several points and Bisping has done more in the uFc not only in the number of wins but in terms of profile should mean he gets a fight before Munoz.

By all means if as expected Munoz loses put him against Paul Harris for the next in line to the title shot after Bisping?maia winner, that would be fair.

Correct

Maia is real hard to figure out to me

He goes 3 rounds with Kendall Grove to a decision? ( wat?)

Chokes out Sonnen in the 1st

Turns around and gets choked out by Marquet?

Takes Miller to a 3 round decision

and gets tooled by Silva,.

Munoz takes him to a decision and then the guy that Bisping destroyed,,,, Santiago, he goes 3 rounds to another boring decision.

When he got his shot, he had beat Ed herman, Chael, Jensen and MCdonald, then Title shot.( the other were noobodies)  I like Nate Quarry but he don't count, he was hurt and should not have been fighting ( sorry Nate)

superCalo -
buchu8oolong - I don't think he really has a very good chance of getting through Maia. But then again, Maia confused me in his last outing and if he comes in again looking to showcase his new standup evolution and gets outclassed the Bisping deserves the shot if he asks for it. Looser should get Paul Harris.

Can't stand the guy myself, but fair is fair. Phone Post

Technically and going on their records Maia is the superior fighter, but its a case of style wise Maia is the perfect matchup for Bisping, probably the easist in the top 10 for him, he can keep Maia at bay and at arms length with his reach and footwork, most of Maias takedowns are judotype ones where he needs the clinch to take his opponent down, if he takes Bisping down I believe Bisping can out muscle Maia, its sad but true that superior athletisism and strength is a huge factor in mMa fights nowdays, technique is not the be all and end all it used to be, and Bisping has sufficent if only adequat technique to get up or avoid the takedowns.

On the feet Bisping while not having knockout power does have the skill set to frustrate and outpoint Maia regarless of Maias standup improvement, Bisping only gets troubled on his feet by agressive big punchers who can force him on the back foot, Maia is neither of those really.

Point taken.

My thought is that Maia's standup could help or hinder him against an opponent like Bisping depending on if he has figured out a way to use it to get the fight to where he has the advantage or if he puts too much emphasis on it and gets picked apart.

I am actually pretty interested in seeing this one because it's honestly a head scratcher to me as to why Maia decided to focus on standup while Silva has the strap. Phone Post

Bisping/Palhares for a title shot