If Bisping beat Maia by any means possible...

SO.............Bisping mushed RIvera into retirement, Maia barely beat him

Bisping beat Dan Miller too ( maia won agaisnt him as well) Bisping beat the shit out of Day ( where is HE now?) He dances to a V with Leben, whips Kang pretty good. " Kinda" lost to Wand ( I think it was a draw)

Crushes Jason Miller, chases Akiyama around for 3 rounds to a win.

Loses to 'Rashad, drops to mw, gets knocked into bolivian by Hendo.

Christ, I'm confused with my own mmmath.

Here:

Win Jason Miller UFC - The Ultimate Fighter 14 Finale 12/3/2011 3 3:34
 Win Jorge Rivera UFC 127 - Penn vs. Fitch 2/27/2011 2 1:54
 Win Yoshihiro Akiyama UFC 120 - Bisping vs. Akiyama 10/16/2010 3 5:00
 Win Dan Miller UFC 114 - Rampage vs. Evans 5/29/2010 3 5:00
 Loss Wanderlei Silva UFC 110 - Nogueira vs. Velasquez 2/20/2010 3 5:00
 Win Denis Kang UFC 105 - Couture vs. Vera 11/14/2009 2 4:24
 Loss Dan Henderson UFC 100 - Lesnar vs. Mir 2 7/11/2009 2 3:20
 Win Chris Leben UFC 89 - Bisping vs. Leben 10/18/2008 3 5:00
 Win Jason Day UFC 85 - Bedlam 6/7/2008 1 3:42
 Win Charles McCarthy UFC 83 - Serra vs. St. Pierre II 4/19/2008 1 5:00
 Loss Rashad Evans UFC 78 - Validation 11/17/2007 3 5:00
 Win Matt Hamill UFC 75 - Champion vs. Champion 9/8/2007 3 5:00
 Win Elvis Sinosic 4/21/2007 2 1:20
 Win Eric Schafer UFC 66 - Liddell vs. Ortiz II

oops! I shit the bed on that post.

He beat Pointon ( love that guy! " I'm a gladiator mate! ) Beat Josh ' Blue hair " Haynes ,Eirc the Red Schafer, Elvis, the king of rocknrumble... Hamill the hammer ( HE stole that nick from Cleman he should give it back!) lost to Rashad, made him drop to MW, 9 Rashad should too btw)

He beats the hell out of the Chainsaw McCarthy, Whips "lights out" Day, Beat the Cat Smasher Leben, ( argggh!) Gets rightiously clocked by Hendo and brought down to earth, Comes back and handles Kang pretty good ( where is he?)

loses to Wand (a draw IMO) Beats sexyama, crushes RIvera into retirement, and tkos Jason Miller at 3:34 in the 3rd.

WHEW!!

I think he's had a harde road than Maia. But Maia was certainly mnore deserving than Cote ( wat?) of Travis Lutter!. But looking at it, maybe their roads are about equal but I just don't know why Maia got that shot ( that had to be the strangest title fight I've ever seen)

Munoz got KTFO by Hamill for Christ's sake! Lost to Okami......... Beat Grove. then they made him fight CNB Dolloway? wat? But he did whip my boy Leben pretty good. He just wasnt; himself that night i guess.

superCalo -
buchu8oolong - I don't think he really has a very good chance of getting through Maia. But then again, Maia confused me in his last outing and if he comes in again looking to showcase his new standup evolution and gets outclassed the Bisping deserves the shot if he asks for it. Looser should get Paul Harris.

Can't stand the guy myself, but fair is fair. Phone Post

Technically and going on their records Maia is the superior fighter, but its a case of style wise Maia is the perfect matchup for Bisping, probably the easist in the top 10 for him, he can keep Maia at bay and at arms length with his reach and footwork, most of Maias takedowns are judotype ones where he needs the clinch to take his opponent down, if he takes Bisping down I believe Bisping can out muscle Maia, its sad but true that superior athletisism and strength is a huge factor in mMa fights nowdays, technique is not the be all and end all it used to be, and Bisping has sufficent if only adequat technique to get up or avoid the takedowns.

On the feet Bisping while not having knockout power does have the skill set to frustrate and outpoint Maia regarless of Maias standup improvement, Bisping only gets troubled on his feet by agressive big punchers who can force him on the back foot, Maia is neither of those really.

This. Zuffa have found a reasonably high profile opponent that Bisping can beat and when he does, they will cram it down our throats trying to sell the fact that he has earned a title shot. Phone Post

OP- I don't think Bisping deserves a title shot, the winner of Sonnen-Munoz does.

But the taxation line had me laughing, good job.

Not a fan of the dude but at some point if he keeps winning he becomes undeniable. If its already decided that the sonnen/munoz winner gets the next shot, I would have zero prob with him getting the next shot after the sonnen/munoz winner if he were to beat maia handly.

But WHY does Munoz get the shot? I just don't get it, but I guess Zuffa does

He lost to Hamill,  lost to akami !        Split decision with Catone ( who?) Took a 3 rd close decision with Aaron SImpson ( where is he now?) and barely beat Maia....

Chris Leben TKO (Corner Stoppage) UFC 138 - Leben vs. Munoz 11/5/2011 2 5:00
 Win Demian Maia Decision (Unanimous) UFC 131 - Dos Santos vs. Carwin 6/11/2011 3 5:00
 Win C.B. Dollaway KO (Punches) UFC Live 3 - Sanchez vs. Kampmann 3/3/2011 1 0:54
 Win Aaron Simpson Decision (Unanimous) UFC 123 - Rampage vs. Machida 11/20/2010 3 5:00
 Loss Yushin Okami Decision (Split) UFC Live 2 - Jones vs. Matyushenko 8/1/2010 3 5:00
 Win Kendall Grove TKO (Punches) UFC 112 - Invincible 4/10/2010 2 2:50
 Win Ryan Jensen Submission (Punches) UFC 108 - Evans vs. Silva 1/2/2010 1 2:30
 Win Nick Catone Decision (Split) UFC 102 - Couture vs. Nogueira 8/29/2009 3 5:00
 Loss Matt Hamill KO (Head Kick) UFC 96 - Jackson vs. Jardine 3/7/2009 1 3:53

Blazing Knees -   I mean, wtf did Maia do to get his shot at ANderson SIlva? Bisping has done a LOT more in the UFC than Maia has done and he got his shot what was it...2 years ago or something?

Damien beat sonnen Phone Post

Alistair Overstream - should he lose feed him to Paul Harris

Why have a guy who's a draw in the UK risk losing a limb?

I was operating under the impression we were talking about after Munoz/Sonnen winner...

I expect the UFC is betting on Sonnen for obvious reasons. But for arguments sake say Mark barley squeaks out a decision while Bisping puts on a dominate performance against Maia. In that scenario Anderson could basically pick between the two...

Fans would be probably split or even up in arms. But it would be the more marketable fight in that hypothetical situation. Phone Post

Since Dana already said winner of Sonnen/Munoz get next shot and Bisping is fighting on the same card, he'll probably need a fight in between anyway. I think a Palhares vs winnner of Maia/Bisping would be good.

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -  Give him Paul Harris if he beats Maia. Winner gets the shot. Phone Post

i like this

Sure. I wouldn't mind seeing bisping get high light reel KO'd again. Its been a while. Phone Post

GoldMedaLInTapping(R) -  Sure. I wouldn't mind seeing bisping get high light reel KO'd again. Its been a while. Phone Post

I don'[t think he circles to the right any longer

"  But WHY does Munoz get the shot? I just don't get it, but I guess Zuffa does"

Because in this scenario, he beats Chael who is #2.

Bisping gets coddled by the UFC, he always gets favorable match-ups. After his cheap win against Rivera, I think that if he beats Maia a fight against Paul Harris would be perfect. If he were to somehow magically beat Paul then I'd be ok with him getting a title shot. However as was proven against Hendo, when he fights a contender he gets exposed. If he gets by Maia I'd love to see a rematch with Hendo, it would make me smile.

Salt the Snail - Bisping gets coddled by the UFC, he always gets favorable match-ups. After his cheap win against Rivera, I think that if he beats Maia a fight against Paul Harris would be perfect. If he were to somehow magically beat Paul then I'd be ok with him getting a title shot. However as was proven against Hendo, when he fights a contender he gets exposed. If he gets by Maia I'd love to see a rematch with Hendo, it would make me smile.
WHO has Harris beat exactly to earn this prestigious level?

greenseed - 
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -  Give him Paul Harris if he beats Maia. Winner gets the shot. Phone Post

i like this

Bisping dominates dan millar

Palhares struggles with dan, Gets dropped in the process.

Honestly i think if bisping can keep it off the floor he can beat palhares over 5 rounds.

And i feel i should mention even as a brit, Palhares is my favourite fighter and i would be routing for him.

THis was a good thread, but the WHOLE thing has changed now.

ttt