If Chuck beats Shogun..then what ?

I was thinking if Chuck beats Shogun which he probably will. Would he then face an undefeated Lyoto if he dismisses Tito ??? I think that would be logical as the win over Tito would popularize Lyoto with the american fans....winner gets title shot ???

Opinions please ???

I know this sounds stupid, but I think Shogun is going to knock Liddell out! I just have that feeling. I think then Liddell should fight Lyoto, and when he loses that fight he retires. Just my opinion.

I would say so - the winner of Chuck/Shogun vs the winner of Machida/Tito makes the most sense..

Chuck is a bad matchup for Shogun...  Shogun is wild and charges straight forward, exactly what Chuck likes and where he does his best work (countering and backpeddling)!  Chuck will catch Shogun and he will go down, with Chuck finishing him with a little GNP before it gets stopped and Chuck wins via TKO!

Where does Jardine fit in ???

I agree with Brasco. What about Jardine? If he beats Wandy he should be next in line for the title. Forrest deserves his shot, but Jardine did beat Chuck and should of got a crack at the title first.

If a hyped up Shogun shows up im curious to see if he can get any sort of clinch game going. I feel he's better suited for Chuck in this area and is more effective early in the fight than Vanderlei.

Little B if Tito wins and does indeed leave the UFC then the winner of Chuck/Shogun will face the winner of Jardine/Wand, the winner gets the Title shot.

Just trying to show Jardine some love because of his wins over Chuck and Forrest. If Wand and Chuck were to win in that scenario then Chuck would face the winner of Evans/Thiago for the Title shot.

Sorry dude but Gouveia is not in the mix just yet..

It will be interesting to see who Wilson will face next.

The bottom line even the top contenders Chuck, Machida, Jardine, Shogun will have to win their next respective fights and then one more to earn a Title shot. This division is much like LW so many contenders vying for that next Title Shot it will take some time before a new number one contender emerges to face the winner of Rampage/Forrest. My money is on Shogun or Machida; leaning towards Machida.

can you imagine Jardine defeating Chuck, Forest, and Wand and still not getting title shot ? unreal scenario a year ago....

Jardine loses to Houston Alexander! Oh yeah it already happened!

If Chuck beats Shogun, I predict his next fight will be for the title. It's a very marketable fight where fans will want Chuck to win the title back.

Though its still somewhat of a 'superfight,' i think this is gonna kill Shogun's career. Ive always thought he does not matchup well with Chuck.

He's gonna get KTFO if he doesnt come back as the cardio machine he used to be. He's gonna need his size back too against a guy as big as Chuck.

"Chuck is a bad matchup for Shogun... Shogun is wild and charges straight forward, exactly what Chuck likes and where he does his best work (countering and backpeddling)! Chuck will catch Shogun and he will go down, with Chuck finishing him with a little GNP before it gets stopped and Chuck wins via TKO!"

Yup, always thought this.

However, he did manage to drop a technical striker in Rog who is about the same height as Chuck too iirc.

I also think its possibly that Shogun's wild and aggressive style could set up the td on Chuck. Tito never ever set up his attempts on Chuck but Chuck would have to be weary of Shogun's strikes and even clinch if Shogun gets some muscle back (he is/was bigger than Wand) and he's got a good ground game too.

However, i got to favour Chuck big time at this point.

I think that it's easier to train for a conventional boxer type guy such as Rog than for a guy like Chuck, who has a very peculiar style of punching and odd timing.

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira a.k.a Lil' Nog.

The brother of HW champ Big Nog.

ttt

I just like to see fights. I want to see shogun and chuck punch each others lights out, then other top ten fighters. This is all great as far as I'm concerned.

That would just be wrong if Chuck got a Title shot by beating Shogun.

If Machida wins and Jardine wins they would still be very much in the mix.

That is why I maintain all top contenders must win two fights in a row to get a Title Shot. Plus all top contenders have time to get these two fights in; Forrest/Rampage are not fighting until July, so your talking October (if no injuries) at the earliest before the winner will be ready to defend.