If Colby wins the rematch convincingly

Do you do the rubber match right away, or do you give the winner between Leon vs Masvidal the next title fight?

Me personally I’ve always hated instant rematches unless the prior fight had something controversial happen in it (ex. Machida Shogun 1)

So I’d rather see Colby fight the winner of Leon and Jorge. But only if he very convincingly won. Specially if Jorge wins cause that’s a legit grudge match and Trump would definitely be in attendance as he is a fan of both lol

2 Likes

If it is as good as their first fight I’d watch them rematch for the rest of their careers. These two were made to fight each other. Marty wins 6.5/10.

2 Likes

I feel like the instant rematch is generally a waste. It’s super common for the winner of the first fight to win the immediate rematch, like I’m pretty sure it’s statistically in the 70%+ range. Unless there’s something real screwy, it just feels like there’s no reason to burn up that rematch when it’s ALWAYS gonna be on the table for down the road. It holds up divisions and generally leads to the same outcome.

I don’t have numbers to back this up but I would almost guarantee that rematches with several fights in between are far more likely to produce differing outcomes.

6 Likes

Yeah that first fight was incredible and I’m actually with that judge who scored Colby winning going into that 5th round

1 Like

In that scenario I think have cumshot fight Jorge/Leon winner. This Leon title picture shit for beating nobody near the top is annoying.

1 Like

Kermit GIF

4 Likes

If Colby wins, yeah they’re going into 3 next, IMO. Barring a Usman injury that puts him on the shelf for a year+ which I would wager is unlikely but who knows.

If Colby wins, they’ll likely have to do it again.

orgasm jizz GIF

Sport Mma GIF by UFC

6 Likes

Flip the gifs next time lol

4 Likes

If Masvidal beats Leon and Colby wins the UFC likely matches them up. That fight is too much $ for them to pass up. Especially as a title fight.

4 Likes

Champions who have had a good reign like Usman usually get an immediate rematch. The fact that he also already has a win over Colby leaves no doubt that would be the case IMO.

3 Likes

100 percent.

Plus, these guys have legitimate heat. Why waste all of the fights now when you potentially have a legendary rivalry?

1 Like

I dont understand the odds on this fight. First fight was very close prior to the finish. Usman is -320…I know he’s on a streak but Colby matches up really well.

Also if Colby wins they are crazy to not do him Vs Jorge if he wins as well. That will be a huge PPV. Jorge is a bigger PPV draw than Colby or Usman…

The perception is that Usmans striking has exponentially improved

3 Likes

The fact that Colby isn’t an active fighter doesn’t help either. He could easily be on a 3 fight win streak right now with how much time has passed since the first fight.

3 Likes

Fake nut shot made a difference IMO. Terrible reffing.

4 Likes

Just hit you and the post under you, but damn you’re right that could make sense. However. I think Usman is allowed to have the 3 before, under correct circumstances…

Hopefully he just beats Colby and we can still have mas/colby .

No one in the race for me here. I enjoy watching all of them except I enjoy disliking Leon for whatever reason. Sorry.

Colby WAS winning the first bout. And he is right to cry about the suspect “time outs” by Usman for eye poke and groin shot. But even in that bout you could see Usman had more power, and his striking has indeed gotten better. And he is one of the few that can keep pace with Colby, cardio wise.

So yeah, I get why the odds favor Usman. I’ll likely root for Colby though. Usman is soooo arrogant, and a Colby Champ will surely obnoxiously entertain ha ha.

3 Likes

I want Colby to win because if Jorge beats Leon who the fuck wants Usman Jorge 3 lol

3 Likes

Colby vs Chimaev will be huge.