If Colby wins the rematch convincingly

Luque would probably fight Usman next. Or they do the Burns rematch.

I could also see the UFC doing Luque-Khazmat for #1 contender.

2 Likes

It would not happen. Fight 2 was understandable because short notice, but mas got finished. Your suggested circumstance could actually end up being how ole fucky lip sneaks into his early title shot tho.

Who knows. A lot of interesting happenings.

1 Like

i am not going to lie or exhadurate… if he beats usman convincingly, i think he is probably goat at any weight. dude is impressive as hell. usman is impressive as hell, a real wizard, and colby probably would have won the first fight despite the material size deficit, that was how close that fight was going into the final round. if colby can overcome that… WOW…

“Exaggerate” jajajaja

2 Likes

Usman probably wins this one but to answer the op I think Usman gets a shot regardless unless Mas wins like a couple people said.

No, let Usman work his way back with 2 fights. If Colby loses again he shouldn’t get a rematch for a very long time. These Mcgreggor rubber matches need to end

3 Likes

Unlikely. Instant rematches are only for extremely dominant champs (silva, aldo which didnt happen) or controversy.

Dillashaw vs Cody 2, stipe vs dc 2, fig vs Moreno 3, the list goes and on, shouldn’t have happened

He won’t.

1 Like

just like Aldo

1 Like

Aldo was fucked over royally

1 Like

Plus Usman beat Colby at his own game. If Usman fights his own game, he could likely finish Colby much earlier.

1 Like

The ref beat Colby.

1 Like

It’s the UFC. They always promote instant trilogies and tell you that’s what you and your friends want to see.

2 Likes

Kamaru “the ref” Usman. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The only way I could see them not giving a rematch is if Colby straight dominated him like 50-44 or something like that. If there is a knockout or Usman even looks competitive for just a round or two they will give it to him. They have given rematches to people who have done much than Usman has.

I hate instatrilogies.

2 Likes

Zhang is getting a rematch against Rose when Carla is the CLEAR contender and Rose destroyed Zhang

3 Likes