If Cro Cop could last one round with Carwin

By evading, being quicker on the feet, or just being the better defensive and offensive striker, I'd have Cro Cop winning either in the 2nd or 3rd.

If Carwin couldn't knock Cro Cop out in round 1, I think that the odds favor Mirko. I really would have no objections to the UFC putting this matchup together. Carwin should win according to the odds, but if Cro Cop won, they could do Cro Cop Vs. Lesnar/Velasquez. I've seen worse things happen.

We've all seen how favorable matchups can help a fighter or unfavorable matchups hindering a fighter.

What if Cro Cop had fought Heath Herring a second time, Tim Sylvia for an interim title, and then Frank Mir for his first 3 UFC fights? I think Cro Cop might even had done Nog one better and beaten Mir. I can't actually say with confidence that Big Nog would have necessarily beaten Gonzaga, Kongo, or Eddie Sanchez in his first 3. He'd at least have a loss.

On a different note: Do you guys think that Carwin or Velasquez could have beaten Werdum, Struve, Cro Cop, Yvel, and Gonzaga without at least losing one of them? I am honestly the most impressed with Dos Santos at this point.

Carwin would take CroCop down and finish him in the first or at least win a decision.

I dont think there is a shot in hell that CroCop could beat Carwin.  Ya Shane gassed out a bit with a 280lb Brock Lesnar after holding him down and pounding on him for 4 minutes.  He would take down Mirko with ease.  Mirko's stand up has is wack these days, all he throws is a right, barely even lets his kicks go.  And if he didnt let one of his famous kicks go, he would be taken down immediately.  Mirko is way passed his prime, the stars would have to align perfectly for him to beat any of the top 5 guys.  

PS-I too am impressed with JDS.

Cro cop can go all 3 against a much better striker in JDS but cant go a round with Carwin? Cmon now. I think Carwin has a better all around game with his wrestling though.

Do not want to see Mirko curled up with his eyes rolled back again, so no.

I GOT FRATE TRANED -  Do not want to see Mirko curled up with his eyes rolled back again, so no.

Carwin wins this with ease.

K-Dub-"T" -  Yeah... Cro-Cop is know for his great double leg and super duper head & arm choke.........

He also isnt known for running away, curling up and going fetal.

Carwin will be fight the notion that he has no gas tank for the rest of his career!

Easy win for Carwin.

It's too bad we never got to see prime Cro Cop on the feet. That Cro Cop vs Carwin would have been a real thing to see.

That is the biggest IF i've seen in a while

If this stays standing CroCop wins.  He will see Carwin's haymakers coming a mile away and will outland Carwin 10 to 1.

K-Dub-"T" -  Yeah... Cro-Cop is know for his great double leg and super duper head & arm choke.........

He showed that he was a better grappler than Barnett atleast...

I agree w/the OP that Junior Santos has the most impressive resume.

I like Carwin but even in the twilight of his career, Crocop is a stylistically tough match up for him.

I think Crocop decisions Carwin for a win.

-mmarkrobinson

"if" c.c. can get thru the 1st round. i see him stuffing the rest of the takedowns and embarrasing carwins stand up. k1 striker vs carwin ? child please....he destroyed a shot barry, he can destroy a shot carwin.

Carwin via TKO.

Caught_clean - Cro cop can go all 3 against a much better striker in JDS but cant go a round with Carwin? Cmon now. I think Carwin has a better all around game with his wrestling though.

Maybe JDS is a better boxer than Carwin, well def is......But Im not talking about the boxing, Im talking about him putting CroCop against the fence and smashing his face in like he did to a much bigger Mir. 

And for whoever said he will see Carwins haymakers from a mile away, I havent seem him throw anything but short punches in all his fights...

Lastly, Mirko has ok TD defense against ok wrestlers.  There isnt going to be anyone in the whole HW division aside from Brock and Cain who will stop his TD. 

with all this being said, I really dont even like Carwin just stating facts.

Cro Cop has good takedown defense but Carwin's size will be the determining factor. Gabriel Gonzaga, who is a much worse wrestler than Carwin, was able to takedown Cro Cop off a kick. All Carwin would have to do is time a kick with a takedown or a counter and it would probably be all over.

I thought the fight to do was Cro Cop vs. Nog 2 but now that's off. So he may face Carwin next but it's not a favorable match up.