if fedor criticized barnett's performance

do you think barnett would be as quick to call him a punk-ass-bitch as he was kenny florian?

what about sterling?

JimmersonzGlove - If trane A leaves Chicago traveling 100MPH and trane B leaves New York traveling 150MPH and the distance between the two cites is 600 miles how far from New York will it be when the two tranes meet?
Fixed

JimmersonzGlove - If train A leaves Chicago traveling 100MPH and train B leaves New York traveling 150MPH and the distance between the two cites is 600 miles how far from New York will it be when the two trains meet?

I use to know the formula for word problems.Unfortunately my memory has failed me miserably since High School. :-(

Ensanity - 
JimmersonzGlove - If trane A leaves Chicago traveling 100MPH and trane B leaves New York traveling 150MPH and the distance between the two cites is 600 miles how far from New York will it be when the two tranes meet?
Fixed

No mention on the trane being frated or not.

crowbar - 
JimmersonzGlove - If train A leaves Chicago traveling 100MPH and train B leaves New York traveling 150MPH and the distance between the two cites is 600 miles how far from New York will it be when the two trains meet?

I use to know the formula for word problems.Unfortunately my memory has failed me miserably since High School. :-(

it's called logic

This thread has become a nightmare for nrallen. I'd be surprised if he ever frate trained from Chicago traveling at 100MPH again.

i think that barnett overreacted to ken-flo's comments.

360 miles, assuming they are heading towards eachother.

Power Paw - 
crowbar - 

it's called logic

Not really. It depends on whether the two leave at the same time and whether they're on the same line.

BlueFlamer - 
Not really. It depends on whether the two leave at the same time and whether they're on the same line.

oh...

how embarrassing

what was I thinking?

the solution to word problems is never derived from logic

only formulas

If Roger Ebert criticized barnett's performance do you think barnett would be as quick to call him a punk-ass-bitch as he was kenny florian?

Fedor has. Does no one remember the thumb down gif?

Power Paw - 
BlueFlamer - 

oh...

how embarrassing

what was I thinking?

only formulas

Logic concerns the structure of statements and arguments. Where was the inference that the two trains left at the same time?

BlueFlamer - 
Power Paw - 
BlueFlamer - 

oh...

how embarrassing

what was I thinking?

only formulas

Logic concerns the structure of statements and arguments. Where was the inference that the two trains left at the same time?

The tense used does kind of suggest that they are both are occuring at the same time, although agreed it is not specified.

BlueFlamer - 

do you also have only one definition for the word 'tire'

also, at what point did I talk about trains?

let me simplify this for you:

crowbar says "I use to know the formula for word problems.Unfortunately my memory has failed me miserably since High School. :-("

to which I reply

"it's called logic"

clear?

In the future, I suggest using google's "define: " feature when you're confused about the definition of a word

Power Paw - 
BlueFlamer - 

do you also have only one definition for the word 'tire'

also, at what point did I talk about trains?

let me simplify this for you:

crowbar says "I use to know the formula for word problems.Unfortunately my memory has failed me miserably since High School. :-("

to which I reply

"it's called logic"

clear?

In the future, I suggest using google's "define: " feature when you're confused about the definition of a word

And you could have let it lie:

Wittgenstein's Tractatus:

4.121 Propositions cannot represent logical form: it is mirrored in them. What finds its reflection in language, language cannot represent. What expresses itself in language, we cannot express by means of language. Propositions show the logical form of reality. They display it.
5.132 If p follows from q, I can make an inference from q to p, deduce p from q. The nature of the inference can be gathered only from the two propositions. They themselves are the only possible justification of the inference.

Frege:

One of Frege's stated purposes was to isolate genuinely logical principles of inference, so that in the proper representation of mathematical proof, one would at no point appeal to "intuition". If there was an intuitive element, it was to be isolated and represented separately as an axiom: from there on, the proof was to be purely logical and without gaps

BlueFlamer - 

And you could have let it lie:

In other words...yes you only have one definition...

I guess you missed some lesson about context somewhere along the way

Suppose there was only definition for 'logic'

by your definition of logic, I gave crowbar the right answer to begin with

Where did anyone, ANYONE, other than yourself, mention 'tire'?

Context? You've got to be kidding me.

You could have let it lie at:

"The tense used does kind of suggest that they are both are occuring at the same time, although agreed it is not specified."

wow...

do you really not understand that the world 'logic' can have different meanings in different contexts?

that's sad

P.S.

thread successfully deRAILED

haha