"If Ferguson declines" already means Khabib x McG

Lets get real. This "if Ferguson declines rematch" line wouldn't even be spoken had the narrative not turned internally.

2 Likes

And also, if this needs to happen quietly because Khabib is so intent on fighting Ferguson, they can spin that narrative too. In the end, money talks.

Tony may have fucked up. He should have flown his ass to Abu Dhabi on his own dime if needed and done a proper call out. Post fight in cage, out of cage, at the media events, anywhere. The optics would be such that he couldn't be denied.

supersonic - Tony may have fucked up. He should have flown his ass to Abu Dhabi on his own dime if needed and done a proper call out. Post fight in cage, out of cage, at the media events, anywhere. The optics would be such that he couldn't be denied.

Exactly. You are 100 on the fact he should have flown out there. However, maybe they are already keeping him quiet.

Nah I can't blame Dana for saying this. These two have been lined up to fight a few times already and it's fallen through.

I agree they need a back up plan but I also agree that if fit and healthy, Tony deserves that fight above everyone else.

But........

What if Tony can't fight say in January due to injury  but can make  February or March and they make Conor v Khabib and then make Tony v GSP? Win-win for all I reckon.

1 Like
crudz -

Nah I can't blame Dana for saying this. These two have been lined up to fight a few times already and it's fallen through.

I agree they need a back up plan but I also agree that if fit and healthy, Tony deserves that fight above everyone else.

But........

What if Tony can't fight say in January due to injury  but can make  February or March and they make Conor v Khabib and then make Tony v GSP? Win-win for all I reckon.

GSP isnt going to come back to fight Tony, you havent paid attention the last times GSP talked.

3 Likes

Thought the exact same thing OP. Lowball the fuck out of Tony, say Tony declined the fight, do rematch. Sucks but watch it happen... we all know it's about that green. 

1 Like
KirkBJJ -

Thought the exact same thing OP. Lowball the fuck out of Tony, say Tony declined the fight, do rematch. Sucks but watch it happen... we all know it's about that green. 

Tony is under contract and will be offered the fight as per the terms of his contract. What do you mean low ball him?  

1 Like
Real Muthaphuckkin G -
KirkBJJ -

Tony is under contract and will be offered the fight as per the terms of his contract. What do you mean low ball him?  

Tony will renegotiate for this fight, if he's not already getting PPV points. This should be a $3+ M payday for him and if not, he should turn it down. Even $3m isn't nearly what he should be paid. Especially if Khabib is getting $6-7m like his old man said and PPV points. 

1 Like
pidgey -
crudz -

But........

GSP isnt going to come back to fight Tony, you havent paid attention the last times GSP talked.

Yes I have.

I don't think Khabib would accept a rematch with Conor.

The Assassanator - 

The only people I ever see talking about the Connor vs khabib rematch are Connor and Dana. Is there anyone else who even wants to see this rematch? The first fight was extremely one sided and had a pretty definitive finish. 

If the Ferguson vs khabib fight isn't booked for any reason other than injury that's just a joke.

This.

I'm a big McGregor fan and look forward to watching him crush Khabib in the inevitable rematch. 

But it would be very corrupt if Dana gave Tony an insulting pay offer then made it seem as if he were scared when he declined. He already did the same to Colby and Cyborg.

WME-IMG UFC is becoming the most corrupt entity in sports. 

Freguson didn't seem to be particularly enthused about fighting Khabib on Helwani's show just the other day. Almost said he'd prefer Justin.  And if it is Khabib it's like whoever man.  IF he's not really interested, then neither is Khabib or Dana or anyone else. This Tony "El Cucuy" Ferguson is not doing anyone any favors here. Have that man in the wall explain that to him carefully.

"Hopefully Dustin [Poirier] gets a piece of him, throws him on his back, and puts him away, so we can have a good ole' f*****g American battle, battle royale," Tony Ferguson said on Ariel Helwani's MMA Show, per BJPenn.com. "Like I said, if push comes to shove me and Khabib, we'll go out there and we'll handle this s**t, in December.

I suspect a lot of the time when these fighters "decline" a fight it's more about the UFC not wanting to pay more to the fighter.

Not the fighter not actually not wanting to fight.

**edit** - This is regarding fighters not under a current contract.

If scumbEgg gives the fight to Conor I will quit MMA.