If Holly Wins Is She The Goat?

Her resume speaks for itself at this point.

She hasnt had a perfect career and has a few blind spots in her game but she beat Ronda at a time when Rondas fights were all shorter than a pee break and has more world boxing titles than you can count on one hand.

IF SHE BEATS CYBORG and we know its a big if does that make her the greatest female MMA athlete ever? I think it does.

Cyborg has been outside of the UFC mirking nobodies for the better part of a decade and Holly will be her first fight in a long time against real world class championship competition.

I'm rooting for Holly and her skill set is on paper how you beat Cyborg.

There's a lot of if's here.  If she beat Cyborg and avenged some of her losses, and eschewed the some of the karate point fighting theatrics, she'd definitely be one of the current cream of the crop.

But realistically we're 10 years too early to be talking about a women's GOAT.  Most of the women fighting in the UFC are slightly better than novice, and not well rounded (I enjoy WMMA, but I'm realistic about it too).

Her win over Bethe clearly put her into that category. 

There is no such thing as authentic GOAT discussions in a sport so young.

GOAT St. Pierre - There is no such thing as authentic GOAT discussions in a sport so young.

When did the GOAT discussions start in male MMA?

Around the time of Andy or Fedor? Before then there was no Goat discussions floating around?

The first ever Female MMA fight happened in 1997 only 5 years after Royce shocked the world at UFC 1

Women in MMA arent the brand spanking new kids on the block everyone thinks... they just havnt been in the UFC.

USADA Cyborg is going to spank Holly

PelosiesPanties - lol...no! A "GOAT" doesn't lose consistently and never 0-3 in their prime.
You know back in the old school days of boxing being undefeated didnt matter as much as fighting the best did. The best had losses coz they were fighting the best. If Holly beats Cyborg and Ronda it puts her right up there as the best.
Snakey89 -
PelosiesPanties - lol...no! A "GOAT" doesn't lose consistently and never 0-3 in their prime.
You know back in the old school days of boxing being undefeated didnt matter as much as fighting the best did. The best had losses coz they were fighting the best. If Holly beats Cyborg and Ronda it puts her right up there as the best.

Such a shame she ducked the best in boxing.

I think it puts her over the top if she KOs cyborg.

If Holly did finish Cris I would think she would need to beat Nunes to be the GOAT after her losses 135.

As female combat achievements go…

On paper it would be easy to defend the goat status.

“Germaine DE randame gave up the title,they were like OK first defense will be against cyborg,she was like fuck it keep your belt I’m not fighting cyborg…dude she fought a man,an actual male fighter and knocked him out…she’s like I’ll fight a man,but I’m not fucking fighting cyborg” -Joe rogan.

Do you realize how insane that is? There is a reason women are terrified if fighting cris…I feel bad for holly,if this was old cyborg just throwing haymalers and rushing in with no fear,i would say cyborg has a huge chance to lose this fight,but that’s not her anymore,since hooking up with Jason parillo her striking and fighting style is very calculated and pinpoint…so yeah I feel bad for holm,I like her but this is a bad fight for her to get…she needs a few more lower tier fighters to bring her star power back up case since joining the ufc she has looked sub par,sans- the Ronda fight,before that fight and after she looked average,so yeah this fight is just bad news I think.

This. First reply. Thread over/
Cococobana1 -

Her win over Bethe clearly put her into that category. 

Not sure if serious....or mentally challenged...or you are making an insanely funny joke...hmmm.
JustAnotherMMAFan -
Snakey89 -

Such a shame she ducked the best in boxing.

Im not talking about her boxing. She may have but shes not ducking anyone in mma is she? Ronda wouldn't fight cyborg, germaine didnt fight cyborg, tate talked about it but never really tried , nunes talked about it but nothing happened. Holly stepped up knowing she has a lot to lose but a lot to gain. People must have a serious problem with Holly if they cant give her that credit.