If I dont get this Promotion, Im quiting my job.

And here's why.

I work for a company that manages hotels. For the past 3 months I and 2 other people have been working as assistant GMs in training but only one of us will get the spot. They have expressed that They just may split the postion into 2 because the current GM is not very experenced and struggles from time to time.

Out of us three it really is a two person race for the same postion. While I say Im a very good employee, it is not up for me to judge. What I can also say is that the other person is not a great all around employee or a good person really.

He has diabetes, and while I feel bad for the things that has happened to him, he uses it as a crutch to get perfered treatment. He lost his leg due to a construction accident and even lies about how he lost it. He often tells people he lost it in Afghanistan (he is a former marine). I knew him before working together and I knew him the day he was discharged from the military. I know for a fact he didnt lose his leg in war.

So with him having lost a leg and has diabetes he often has medical issues that stops him from working. He also come late to work almost everyday. His work often falls on me but Im fine with this. I like the extra hours I get from his lacking of professionalism.

What normally should have put the nail in his coffin for this promotion is that he has had 2 sexual harrassment complaints against him in the last 30 some day from 2 different women. He has never been suspended once and has only had a verbal warning.

Well today a 3rd women in my department has came forward to tell me that he is also bothering her. This 3rd girl is new to the company. She has never worked with him or the other 2 ladies. She does not feel comfortable going to the GM by herself since she has only been her a week and asked for me to come with her for support.

We will see how this plays out but I dont expect anything to come of this. He is very good at his job when hes actually here. He knows his shit and can run a hotel. His issue is his people skills suck and he likes to go around sexually harrasing the women we work with.

If he gets the job over me then it will be clear that no matter how hard I work for this company. I will not be valued more then him. Must say alot about what they think of me lol.

Cut off both of your legs and show up.

Chopped off the other leg.

Balls Mahoney -

Cut off both of your legs and show up.

Brilliant. I love it.

They really should make you head bellhop, you deserve it bro

I hope the guy who decides on this isn't named Gary.

So what you are really saying is it is you vs Lieutenant Dan?
I vote Lieutenant Dan.

If the company still values you as potential for being gm at some point wouldn't they have option to give you another hotel if you don't get selected?

Not sure how hotel business works but potentially you could still have some good opportunities inside the company?

soshje - If the company still values you as potential for being gm at some point wouldn't they have option to give you another hotel if you don't get selected?

Not sure how hotel business works but potentially you could still have some good opportunities inside the company?

Your on the right track. The AGM is the one who gets the next hotel. Which is like a year and a half away last time we talked about it. Thats why I want the promotion.

I would be in line for the next AGM gig for sure assuming I dont get this one this time but I would have to go through this process all over again for a postion I may get passed up for again. I doubt it, but I also expect to be at person who shows up late everyday and goes around making co-workers feel uncomfortable too lol.

crudz - So what you are really saying is it is you vs Lieutenant Dan?
I vote Lieutenant Dan.

Lt.Dan lost his legs in war. This guy just lies about it.

OP:

BruteDion -
crudz - So what you are really saying is it is you vs Lieutenant Dan?
I vote Lieutenant Dan.

Lt.Dan lost his legs in was. This guy just lies about it.

He convinced me.

RockTheVote - If you get skipped over for this guy you have problems.

"I will not be valued more then him. Must say alot about what they think of me lol."

Jhay -

OP:

The Grand Budapest Hotel touched my soul. Great movie.

So, the guy has health issues and 2-3 sexual complaints?

You really have to Fuck thus up not to get it.

Donkey Hotee -

jesus, wtf is the 3rd person's deal?  blind quadriplegic crossdressing emo?

Oh just a women who folds under social pressures.

You know, typical chick.

Jhay -

OP:

hahaha I knew it was coming

fanat - So, the guy has health issues and 2-3 sexual complaints?

You really have to Fuck thus up not to get it.
He's an obese bellhop, it's kinda hard to carry luggage when you gas out very quickly.

BruteDion -
Donkey Hotee -

jesus, wtf is the 3rd person's deal?  blind quadriplegic crossdressing emo?

Oh just a women who folds under social pressures.

You know, typical chick.

You are one to throw stones. A temper tantrum on the forum about what you are going to do if you fail to beat out a serial sexual harasser. All of this over an assistant gm role at a hotel that probably has a number in the sign....

Maybe your passive aggressive comments started forgetting to be passive.

ABCTT Dos - I hope the guy who decides on this isn't named Gary.

God damn fucking Gary.