If JJ Players Want the Fight

Says who? If a fighter remains on the ground, and the fighter who stood up remains on his feet, then the figther on the ground is dictating where the fight happens. Only arbitrary rules make your statement true. It is just as bad to stand up, as it is to remain on teh ground. Neither fighter can force the otehr to go where they want to go

no, but if fedor had wanted to he could've kickfucked mino's legs with low kicks. and never mind those little stabby kicks that mino poked at fedor's knees, those aren't going to keep someone who likes to low kick away.

bottom line is that the rules dictate what happens, and the rules dictate that mino has to stand and engage if fedor escapes his guard.

mino COULD have tried to dictate where the fight took place by closing his guard.

perhaps your father can tell us why mino didn't use closed guard to try to keep fedor on the ground with him.

Couldn't agree more....

Teaching someone ground skills when they can't get the fight there is like teaching a parapalegic to kickbox.

"The point is, if Mino wants to remain down in order to bait Fedor into engaging him there, then he has every right to do so, just as Fedor has every right to stand up. If you're going to criticize Mino, then criticize Fedor also.

Dude,

1) Exactly how many times have you seen the ref put a standing fighter down into the guard of a fighter that is sitting on his ass???????

2) And as far as Mino and Fedor are concerned, do you think Mino has to figure out a way to beat Fedor, or do you think Fedor has to figure out a way to beat Mino???????

All I asked, was one simple little question.......

(after years of seeing jj players buttscooting)

IF JJ PLAYERS WANT THE FIGHT ON THE GROUND SO BAD, THEN HOW COME THEY DON'T SHOOT?

I ask this question because it is a fact, that even though shooting may be unsuccessful many times, and may hardly ever bring the fight to the ground as desired by the jj player, it would still bring about better results than the buttscoot.

Coleman and Randleman both handily took Fedor down. Did them a world of good too.

"If the fighter on top gets up out of the guard, he dictates where the fight is going to happen. Thats it."

Says who?

• Says the fucking rules for one.

And for two, lets just say that there is no rule or ref telling the butt scooter to standup.

Lets say I was in your guard and I get out and stand up with no ref or rule in the ring.

You can scoot all day for the rest of the fight if you want but to the majority of fans and fighters alike, you will look like a fucking goof.

So, says me, bitch. I'm willing to bet 95% of fans and fighters alike will agree with me.

Yes, but Mino could choose between about a dozen different subs while on top, instead of trying to pound him.

And Wasa-B is absolutely correct!

Of course, im absolutely correct but more importantly, aint it kind of sad that we have to have a thread about this.

You would think it goes without saying....but funny things happen when certain people go into Fedor/Judo/Anything non-BJJ Discrediting Frenzy

Wasa-B is correct... Your Farter should be banned for his misdeeds...

"it's sad we have to make a thread about this"

Yes it it.

I just think that all other fighting styles have adapted to MMA (as we know it today) and that it's past time for JJ to do the same.

Wasn't it Bas who said......

"Now that we have all seen what works and what doesn't, we should throw out what doesn't work. All fighters are now cross-training"

I would just love for Mino to go train shoots with Kevin Randleman for a couple weeks. Just think of the fighter he could be.

The fighter that beats Fedor will have to be a big, strong submission guy who can take him down, keep him there and finish him from the top.

IMO, Mino could beat him if he puts his weight back on and learns to shoot, takes him down and keeps him there.

IMO, Coleman or Randleman could beat him if they learn subs from the top and forget about g&p.

Erikson could beat Fedor. Put him on his back, keep him there and finish him from the top.

IMO, Cro Cop will NOT be able to beat him. He's going to try and knock him out and thats a mistake.

Hopefully, we'll get to find out!

YF is gettin owned asd did Mino

"bottom line is that the rules dictate what happens, and the rules dictate that mino has to stand and engage if fedor escapes his guard."

They don't dictate that he has to immediately stand up and get his head knocked off while he's getting to his feet.

If you have to wait for the ref to force Fedor back to restart the action, you might as well land some legkicks, weak or not, in the meantime.

And what is this blanket statement that JJ guys want to groundfight but don't know how or want to shoot? Arona has no problems with his takedowns. Nog went for about a dozen on Crocop and eventually got one. He went for one or two on Fedor, but Sperry said their strategy was to box more rather than go to the ground.

Except for Busta/Erikson, I can't think of many examples where anyone just hoped their opponent would come to the ground.

"The same goes for Fedor. If he wants to standup with Mino, then pull him up."

• Dumbest post of the year by Troll of the year?

Also claims that on that on the thread where some dude was kind enough to post gif files of all of Fedor's takedowns, that they are all "pushes" with nothing more than power except for one "BJJ style osoto gari."

Also claimed that Fedor's armbar on Coleman was "sloppy."

Also claimed that since Fedor developed a strategy to fight a bjj guy, bjj deserves credit in his wins too.

I claim that he's having Fedor nightmares daily.

"They don't dictate that he has to immediately stand up and get his head knocked off while he's getting to his feet."

• Sure, sure but the point is that:

"Lets say I was in your guard and I get out and stand up with no ref or rule in the ring.

You can scoot all day for the rest of the fight if you want but to the majority of fans and fighters alike, you will look like a fucking goof."

The onus is on the scooter to get up eventually (yes, not right away, obviously).

Its common after a guard disengagement that the standing guy might land some Sak style leg kicks on the guy on the bottom might try to reengage or shoot some up kicks, etc. After the standing guy decides, alright, thats enough, he usually backs up and lets the bottom guy up or signals to the ref for it so it can be done officially.

But the "then pull him up!" statement is so retarded, its not even funny because Our Bitch actually seems to think thats how it should go, lol....