If Omigawa Wins It All ?

Considering how much people have counted him out in his last 2 fights. And his 2 great wins. If he faces Sandro next then Hioki in the finals and wins

Would he be the Slumdog story of MMA this year ?

I have him as the #1 Comeback Fighter for 2009 thusfar:

Comeback Fighter of the Year

1.  Michihiro Omigawa

2   Mauricio Rua

3.  Hayato Sakurai

4.  Jeff Monson

5.  Vitor Belfort

6.  Toby Imada

7.  Vitor Ribeiro

8.  Carlos Newton

9.  Paul Buentello

10.  Josh Neer

If he wins it all, it would be one of the best comebacks ever in MMA.  Mark Coleman winning the Pride 2000GP certainly up there.

gif courtesy of smoogy

JoseyWales - Considering how much people have counted him out in his last 2 fights. And his 2 great wins. If he faces Sandro next then Hioki in the finals and wins

Would he be the Slumdog story of MMA this year ?

This tourney = Omigawa's "Jai Ho"...It would indeed by the story of the year. In fact "Jai Ho" should be his entrance music for the remainder of the tourney.

double post

Jai Ho as his entrance music would be hilarious

even if he doesn't win it, the total reversal of attitude towards him is awesome

I've been singing his praises for along time; he just fought some really tough guys early in his career when he had zero experience.

once he got to the UFC, he was out-sized clearly. I think 145lbs suits him well.

I still don't see him beating someone like Brown or Faber, but he'd hang for sure.

tough guy.

He's a Yoshida Judo guy, no ?

yup

It would be a crime to mention that Toby Imada may steal this title by beating Eddie Alvarez next month to win the Bellator Tournament.

This is why I love tournaments.

Omigawa b*tches!

"Jai Ho" Omigawa... I haven't forgotten.

Mad Xyientist - It would be a crime to mention that Toby Imada may steal this title by beating Eddie Alvarez next month to win the Bellator Tournament.

This is why I love tournaments.

A win over Alvarez would put Toby on top of that list for sure.