If Penn loses.......

Jens was -325 on Bodog a couple of days ago. I am considering a wager. I hope Jens knocks him out. He was training with Spencer and look how sharp and focused he was. Jens by ko.

I agree with EY. I will be routing for the underdog for sure, but I see Bj taking it. If jens wins though all i will say is WOW

Yelm. take the bet if that's what your gut tells ya.
after seeing the shape BJ is in for this week's fight..
i'd highly suggest rethinking...just a bit.
i'll bet anyone on here $100.
email me if you're up for it.
howardROTR@Hotmail.com
i got my boy B.

So what if he loses? If he puts up exciting high quality fights, he should keep fighting.

The winning streak thing is only relevant when comes earning the right to title shots imo.

We need to get more japanese with the records here. A good fighter should fight. Period. (Not to be confused with mediocre fighters with a losing streak...)

This tiresome obsession with not losing is a big hemorrhoid in the ass of MMA. It is what make TUF-fights lackluster most of the time, and good fighters being overly cautious. Who can blame Forrest and Rich for looking out for their future the other night the way things are now?

Dana is not going to get rid of BJ if for no other reason than he just invested a lot of time and money on him on the TUF show.

Penn needs to win.

I don't think it's fair to say 3 loses, show over if he loses to Pulver, it wouldn't be like he lost to 3 bums. Hughes and GSP or at the top of the ww division, and there's no way they could cut to 155. The fight with GSP was a war and a slim decision.

I don't see him losing to Pulver. He's going to feel the pressure to win after losing 2 so he's going to be fired up. After Pulver's last showing, he also will be eager for a win. That on top of a bitter hate for each other should make for a good fight.

BJ will win.

THe reason penn "nuthuggers" say he's the best is because even on his off nights he loses split decisions. (bogus imo) Look at his record. He's never been dominated. He's beat the best. He's fought the best. The guy never fights cans.

He destroyed hughes, gomi. Lost to GSP and Jens in close decisions. Got injured against hughes after mopping the floor with him for two rounds.

The guy is a warrior and he is the most skilled p4p. In a way though, he is like vitor. Sometimes he shows up and sometimes he takes the night off. When he shows up, he's the best.

I bet the farm on Pulver, hope you guys are wrong.

It's very interesting to read everyones opinions. I personaly don't think he should be kicked out of the UFC. He is still a great fighter and can give anyone a run for there money. I also don't think he should get a title shot if he wins. Give him a fight or two after before a title shot.

Dude.. it's BJ Penn!!!! win or lose.. he's the man

BJ nuthuggers will sadly still be strong and say how the outcome was somehow be controversial, just like how they said after his losses to GSP and Hughes. They will make up X amount of excuses and continue to look like idiots.

Penn has the most natural talent of any fighter to every step into the octagon, massively overshadowing Vitor who was a one trick pony.

Penn is an amazing natural grappler and every time I watch him on the mat I end up going slow motion and examining his technique.

He has cardio issues, and I think that sometimes comes with natural fighters that are going for the win rather than pacing themselves.

The UFC would be idiots to let him go.

He dominated Hughes, until he gassed.

He destroyed GSP then gassed.

I don't see him losing to Pulver, but even if he does I would pay for any UFC he is in. The guy is amazing.

Sure he has lost his last two fights, but its not like jens would have even had a chance against GSP our Hughes, either of them would own jens pulver.

"He destroyed GSP then gassed."

All the Penn nuthuggers always say this but they never answer this question. Aside from the clip on the nose, and the accidental eye poke, what did BJ do that constitutes the destruction of GSP? I'll take almost anything! Please don't say that what he did was neutralize GSP's grappling, because that is hardly destroying him...

yeah and what exactly did GSP do to win the fight besides take him down twice and lay on him and defend submissions.

He did zero damage.

Neckcranks.....you my friend have posted the correct....TWICE! When people post obvious observations they will be labeled as "Penn nuthuggers" yet anyone watching his fights who has half a brain can see the same. BJ has never had a fight in which he was ever in trouble....and if any BJ haters can show me a time....please do so. BJ's talent has gotten the best of him. The guy is arguably the best pound for pound fighter in the world and has yet to take the sport seriously. He enjoys life does not make many sacrifices for his carrer..ie partying, playing...etc.etc.etc and still competes at the highest level of this highly competitive sport. I'd say that is pretty amazing!

I mean he went from totally outclassing Hughes to barely moving like a zombie and getting owned...it was pretty clear something was not right.

and he was tooling Hughes til he got injured,

Got injured against hughes after mopping the floor with him for two rounds.

I love the way reality gets twisted when recalling that fight....similar to GSP/Hughes 1 when Hughes was completely dominated by GSP up until the armbar, right?

BJ/Hughes 2 was anything but domination by BJ.  Round 1 saw them trading big punches...both guys landed some nice ones.  BJ was able to stuff Hughes takedowns but mounted no offense in the grappling category, only able to defend the takedown.  BJ wins the round slightly, IMO.  Round 2 Hughes gets the takedown and is working ground & pound for most of the round.  BJ gets the triangle/armbar attempt late in the round with Hughes out of the hold well before the round ends.  Close round again...I'd give it to BJ slightly because he was closer to ending the fight. 

Please tell me how my description is incorrect and then tell me again how much BJ was "mopping the floor with" or "outclassing" or "tooling" Hughes.  It's funny that many "fans" tend to believe Hughes is getting crushed any time the takedown doesn't come easy for him.

Anyway...I like BJ and win or lose I hope to see him continue fighting in the UFC.

"yeah and what exactly did GSP do to win the fight"

Yup. Deflection. That is usually the only response to that question. "Well GSP didn't do anything either!!!!"

"BJ has never had a fight in which he was ever in trouble...."

BJ was in serious trouble fighting Matt Hughes. Matt had both his arms pinned and was raining down blows to the face.

Penn vs. Pulver as a #1 contender match aggrivates the crap out of me. Neither of these guys should be in line for a title IMO. How about stringing together some wins first like everybody else?